Super MVS Convertor II in the Neostore

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
KBneospy said:
It causes the little flashy bits of video distortion to be tuned, say there are some messed up areas on the screen turn the knob and they go away.
Why would there be messed up areas?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
When you turn the knob left it puts a bunch of white static on the screen. When you turn the knob right it scrambles up the picture and if you leave the knob at the original factory setting the picture is fine.

Neo Alec said:
Well, I mean, for people who own the converter, what does the knob adjust when you turn it?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Thank you very much. Sounds useful.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
well, just got my mvs converter in the mail, and i must say it looks pretty damn nice, im really glad its got black casing and not the grey they were showing in pictures. now i just have to wait until my first 3 mvs games arrive either friday or maybe early next week, and then ill be able to post impressions. im dying to try it out! i will be able to test it with magical drop 2, kizuna encounter, and a boot spinmasters. im also gonna call up my friend and see if i can borrow his sam sho 1 and metal slug x carts and try those out as well. cheap mvs games wee!! :mr_t:

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
I received mine in the mail last week, and was able to try it out last night. It's been giving me more problems than the Phantom-1 ever did. The first time I plugged in the Super Converter, I got a perfect picture but absolutely no sound. I thought it might have been my cart, so I tried the game with the Phantom-1 and got perfect picture and sound. I tried again with the Super Converter and it worked perfectly the second time around.

Then I tried it with another game and got perfect sound but garbled picture. I powered the system off, took out the converter and game, then reinserted it and powered the system on. This time it worked fine. With the third game, I got the no-sound problem I had the first time I tried it out.

I don't know if that's just how it is or maybe I received a defective converter. Either way, the Phantom-1 appears to be technically superior since I've never had any problems with it at all (all of my games work on it on the first try). I hope it's just a defective converter. I'm trying to see if the Neo Store will allow me to exchange it for another one.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Wow, It's roughly the same price as a bare bones consolized Mv1-F.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
It's defective for sure. I wish the company that made these would fix thier QC.

Nash said:
I don't know if that's just how it is or maybe I received a defective converter. Either way, the Phantom-1 appears to be technically superior since I've never had any problems with it at all (all of my games work on it on the first try). I hope it's just a defective converter. I'm trying to see if the Neo Store will allow me to exchange it for another one.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Thats funny, my MVS with supergun seems to play everything perfectly :conf:

;)

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i got a chance to test my neo converter with samurai shodown and metal slug 2. both played absolutely perfect after just cleaning them with q-tips and alcohol. i suppose its safe to say i got one from the "good" batch, seeing as how mine works great so far. ill still be testing it with MD 2, kizuna, and a boot spinmasters here in the next few days when they arrive.
so, i suppose its safe to say now that the new converters will work with the samurai shodown series?? :tickled:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Nash said:
It's been giving me more problems than the Phantom-1 ever did.

The Phantom was a real pain in the asshole to use IMO.

And that is why I sold my Phantom-1 to cover half the cost of a candy cab :)

Its awesome it has that protective case though. Everytime I fought/wrestled/yanked my Phantom out of the AES, I was scared I was going to rip the Audio jacks right off it!

Does this one get as "stuck" as the Phantom did?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
The converter is like butter. The cart/converter/AES fit together effortlessly. :mr_t:

dubdubdub said:
Does this one get as "stuck" as the Phantom did?

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
It is safe to buy at the neo-store now? I remember when they have problems with some of our forum members that they was waiting for theirs items to arrive. I would like to buy this, but I must be sure I'll receive my stuff on time and not on severa months. Couls someone please confirm!!!

Thanks in advance!

Aruges

n00b
My Convertor results...

I recieved one of these converters from the neo-store last week.
I've had different levels of success with it depending on what AES I use it with.

With an un-modded US AES (5V 3A power supply) SN # 020255 I had the following results:

Problem: The game loads, but resets the console shortly there after.
Affected Games:
Metal Slug 4
King of Fighters 2003
Crossed Swords

Problem: Very loud static in the audio, but otherwise fine.
Affected Games:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X

Problem: Blue screen on power up. Never gets to title screen. Never resets.
Affected Games:
Metal Slug 3

The following games all played fine without any resets or garbled audio.
Samurai Showdown 1
Samurai Showdown 2
Art of Fighting 1
Art of Fighting 2
The Super Spy
The King of Fighers 94
3 Count Bout
Magician Lord
Fatal Fury 2

**HOWEVER** When I tried it with a modded JAP AES (5V 3A power supply) I bought from the neostore, the only problem carts I had were Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 3, which showed the same behavior as on the other AES. All of my other MVS carts worked fine.

I'm sending my convertor back to the neostore to be replaced with a unit that has been proven to work with my problem carts. I'll report back my results when I recieve the replacement convertor.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Aruges said:
I recieved one of these converters from the neo-store last week.
I've had different levels of success with it depending on what AES I use it with.

With an un-modded US AES (5V 3A power supply) SN # 020255 I had the following results:

Problem: The game loads, but resets the console shortly there after.
Affected Games:
Metal Slug 4
King of Fighters 2003
Crossed Swords

Problem: Very loud static in the audio, but otherwise fine.
Affected Games:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X

Problem: Blue screen on power up. Never gets to title screen. Never resets.
Affected Games:
Metal Slug 3

The following games all played fine without any resets or garbled audio.
Samurai Showdown 1
Samurai Showdown 2
Art of Fighting 1
Art of Fighting 2
The Super Spy
The King of Fighers 94
3 Count Bout
Magician Lord
Fatal Fury 2

**HOWEVER** When I tried it with a modded JAP AES (5V 3A power supply) I bought from the neostore, the only problem carts I had were Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 3, which showed the same behavior as on the other AES. All of my other MVS carts worked fine.

I'm sending my convertor back to the neostore to be replaced with a unit that has been proven to work with my problem carts. I'll report back my results when I recieve the replacement convertor.

Are these results based off of reseats/reinsertions as well?

Aruges

n00b
Xian Xi said:
Are these results based off of reseats/reinsertions as well?

Yes. I cleaned the carts and convertor thoroughly and reseated the carts and converter many times in both AESs.

zhulien

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm just about to order one of these MVS Converter IIs, but this thread makes me worry. I already have a Phantom-1 and with the exception of it being very hard to plug carts into and the lack of a case and the latest few games not being compatible, it is fine. I really wanted the MVS Converter II for the casing and ease of putting a cart into it. Why all the other problems?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
zhulien said:
I'm just about to order one of these MVS Converter IIs, but this thread makes me worry. I already have a Phantom-1 and with the exception of it being very hard to plug carts into and the lack of a case and the latest few games not being compatible, it is fine. I really wanted the MVS Converter II for the casing and ease of putting a cart into it. Why all the other problems?

could be alot of things causing the problems. I dont really think its the design it sounds more like a quality control issue. Just buy one, check the return policy first though.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I assume that if you buy one from the Neo Store, and it doesnt work, they will replace it?

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
I recieved a replacement Convertor last week from ic2005 direct from the chinese factory, they made good on the return policy. It seems there were some issues with the first units, but I believe it has been corrected. The new unit has a blue LED instead of the red and was tested before it was sent out, it also now bears a manufacturing date sticker of may 2006. Every game I have tested works perfectly, here are the carts I have tested:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
KoF 98
KoF 02
KoF 03
All tested with a late Japan model AES.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
KBneospy said:
I recieved a replacement Convertor last week from ic2005 direct from the chinese factory, they made good on the return policy. It seems there were some issues with the first units, but I believe it has been corrected. The new unit has a blue LED instead of the red and was tested before it was sent out, it also now bears a manufacturing date sticker of may 2006. Every game I have tested works perfectly, here are the carts I have tested:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
KoF 98
KoF 02
KoF 03

Have you tried KOF 2k3 during 2 player mode? 1 player mode never gave me problems with the P-1 but 2 player mode couldnt do anything.

mmelzer2004

Tarma's Gun Polisher
KBneospy said:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
KoF 98
KoF 02
KoF 03

Its good to know that they are checking them now, I'm looking to buy one later this summer, buy then all the bugs should be worked out.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
KBneospy said:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
KoF 98
KoF 02
KoF 03
god damn it makes me happy as hell to know that my converter is one of the revised ones, thank god i waited until i did to order mine, i bet that the neo store probably hadn't even had the replacements in stock for more than maybe a day or two when i ordered mine (5-11-2006)
w00t, that made my day.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
Xian Xi said:
Have you tried KOF 2k3 during 2 player mode? 1 player mode never gave me problems with the P-1 but 2 player mode couldnt do anything.
Tested all KoF games in 2 player including 2003 and worked perfectly.