Super MVS Convertor II in the Neostore

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just so everyone knows if they dont already, the Super adapter can only be used on non +5v consoles. If your AC adapter says 10v, 11v, 12v then you can use the adapter. DO NOT use it on a 5v console.

From what I have seen SNK basically kept all the PSU to output 8 watts which is enough to run the AES alone, but on the +5v systems the output was raised to 15 watts. Ya it's weird since after they still made the non +5v units with weak adapters after they made the +5v models.

amaradona

Kabuki Klasher
Good day

Not sure if somebody had the same problem here with this converter but none of the mvs i have will run with it.

i have a japanese neogeo s/n 45xxx , the board is rev. 3.3 and the ac adapter is 5v 3A

I have always the same green screen which i recorded on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYJOLfM6cT4

(hope it is ok to post a link)

Thanks for your inputs

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Just so everyone knows if they dont already, the Super adapter can only be used on non +5v consoles. If your AC adapter says 10v, 11v, 12v then you can use the adapter. DO NOT use it on a 5v console.

From what I have seen SNK basically kept all the PSU to output 8 watts which is enough to run the AES alone, but on the +5v systems the output was raised to 15 watts. Ya it's weird since after they still made the non +5v units with weak adapters after they made the +5v models.

I bought a SuperMVSConverterII a long atime ago, and used it with a MVS (Super Sidekicks2), which worked OK unless for the scaling issue.

I've checked the Neo AC adapter now, and I've seen it is a 5V one.

I've read this thread and *think* I have a much better idea around the Super MVS II and compatability.

I have a US AES system - 058586 serial number. Is this number in the "good" range for working with this device?

I don't have a Unibios installed at this time but am concerned if Baseball Stars 2 would have issues with my system.

Thanks for the input and guidance.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've been using a Super Convertor II on my Japanese 5V AES and it has been working fine. I have just received Last Blade 2 and am having a lot of graphical glitches, I was coming here to find out if it's a compatibility issue with the game or if the cart is faulty. Now I see that people are saying not to use the convertor on a 5V console. Why is this? Mine has been playing most of my games without a problem.

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf

I dont understand either. Ive been using an MVS Super Converter II with my 5v Pro Pow Japanese system for quite some time now with no issues other than the expected scaling. In fact i found it to work better and more stable with my 5v Pro Pow than my 9v Pro Pow 3.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I dont understand either. Ive been using an MVS Super Converter II with my 5v Pro Pow Japanese system for quite some time now with no issues other than the expected scaling. In fact i found it to work better and more stable with my 5v Pro Pow than my 9v Pro Pow 3.

The problem I was having with Last Blade 2 has stopped now, so I guess it was just not inserted properly the first couple of times I used it. All of my games are working fine too, apart from some scaling like you said.

I also read Xian Xi's reply and don't really understand why it is advised not to use on a 5V machine.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I also read Xian Xi's reply and don't really understand why it is advised not to use on a 5V machine.

The power adapter can only be used on non 5v systems since they have power converters that convert the 10, 11, 12 and 13v outputs to 5v that the system runs on. If you use the power adapter on a 5v system you will damage parts in your system.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
The power adapter can only be used on non 5v systems since they have power converters that convert the 10, 11, 12 and 13v outputs to 5v that the system runs on. If you use the power adapter on a 5v system you will damage parts in your system.

Thanks for your reply, Xian Xi.

I am just using the converter without a power adapter, so does this mean that it will be fine?

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
Thanks for your reply, Xian Xi.

I am just using the converter without a power adapter, so does this mean that it will be fine?

Yes, i guess what he means is using the Super Converter II on a 5v system is fine. But using the unnecessary Power Adapter sold separately that helps the non 5v systems could harm it. So in other words we are fine because we are just using the Super Converter II on as 5v system with the original AC adapter.

Thank you Xian Xi.