"Game Boy Player"

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Just out of curiosity...why does the boot-up sequence of some GBA games include a screen that reads "Game Boy Player"?
I know that Drill Dozer and Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga both have this.

I thought the Game Boy player was that brick you plugged into your Game Cube to play GBA games on a full sized TV?
:conf:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
It is the brick you put under your GC.

Some games just boot with that screen to tell you that its compatible with it (even though just about every game other than those GBA Videos are).

AKA. Free advertising for Nintendos products in their games.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Nesagwa said:
It is the brick you put under your GC.

Some games just boot with that screen to tell you that its compatible with it (even though just about every game other than those GBA Videos are).

AKA. Free advertising for Nintendos products in their games.

Well, not just the fact that they work with the GBA Player, but that they are designed to work specially with the GC. For instance Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga has a rumble feature if you use it on the GBA Player, but not on a regular GBA. Kinda cool, but nothing major.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Jedah Doma said:
Well, not just the fact that they work with the GBA Player, but that they are designed to work specially with the GC. For instance Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga has a rumble feature if you use it on the GBA Player, but not on a regular GBA. Kinda cool, but nothing major.

Ah, interesting. I guess Drill Dozer adds a rumble feature to the GC controller too? That would definitely make sense, given the game mechanics.