Xian Xi's Insert Thread

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Nice work Xian Xi. That Metal Slug 6 insert is truly perfection. :D Makes me want to buy the cart just for your insert.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Neo Bomberman almost complete. Here's what it looks like so far:

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Kinda like it, but that flame ..... cant say it fits the whole picture, wait what am i talking about, i know nothing about it ...... lets print the insert ...... :lol:

Good one Xian :chimp:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Neo Collector said:
Kinda like it, but that flame ..... cant say it fits the whole picture

:conf: Have you played bomberman at all? The flame is coming from the bomb that went off, hence the explosion.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
i guess bomberman wasn't huge or anything of the sort in brazil :make_fac:

Cool insert man! FOKKKKK ur kof XI (first one) KICKS ASS! I wanna print it just to have it lol.

Last edited:

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Xian Xi said:
:conf: Have you played bomberman at all? The flame is coming from the bomb that went off, hence the explosion.

Shure ive played it, what i meant to say is that the flame is a little mettalic and in 3D and the whole insert is flat 2d sprites for me it doesnt seen to fit.

Neo Collector said:
wait what am i talking about, i know nothing about it ......

:kekeke:

CarlosZ said:
i guess bomberman wasn't huge or anything of the sort in brazil :make_fac:

Yeah, we prefer to play soccer .......... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
Thats a great Neo Bomberman insert, I really like it. Would it take much work to make a classic one also (the grey boarder / spine type ) from the insert you have as all my inserts are classics.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I like your inserts quite a bit, many have a nice uniqueness to them.

Out of curiosity, why does the bomberman insert have a "No Memory Card" symbol on it? Does an inserted memory card make the game not work, or does it just not support it with any save features?

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
Neo Bomberman does not support the memory card.

also the following games DO NOT SAVE on the card:
Bust-a-Move Again
Pop 'n Bounce
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2
The Irritating Maze

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Neo Collector said:
Shure ive played it, what i meant to say is that the flame is a little mettalic and in 3D and the whole insert is flat 2d sprites for me it doesnt seen to fit.

I know what you mean but when I make my inserts 95% of the time I make them from scratch and do not use art that other people use. I'm still working on the insert and was planning on cell shading the flame to look more cartoonish so it would blend better. The one I posted was a rough draft only.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Xian Xi said:
I know what you mean but when I make my inserts 95% of the time I make them from scratch and do not use art that other people use. I'm still working on the insert and was planning on cell shading the flame to look more cartoonish so it would blend better. The one I posted was a rough draft only.

I can only dream about how good the final work will be based on the other inserts i printed by now.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Here's the final:

Submitted to Southtown, be there or be square.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks.

Here's my spin on Shock Troopers, FF of course. Whipped this one out because I wanted an FF ST insert.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
What kills me in the shock trooper insert is the way the name was design, i dont like the font i dont like the color and its too big, maybe you could try something different just for the fun of trying.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Neo Collector said:
What kills me in the shock trooper insert is the way the name was design, i dont like the font i dont like the color and its too big, maybe you could try something different just for the fun of trying.

I dont like messing with the original name fonts because that is what people recognize. Plus I always liked the shock troopers logo.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
cool stuff man. The bomberman is a fresh approach. Looking at it makes me wonder a few things about the dynamics of the theme (bomberman being bombed off the grid). I dont know if Bman is a separate layer from that image or not but if he is..........try enlarging him and shrinking the backdrop a bit to make it seem like he's really bombed off the level! Plus you'll be filling up the front of the insert with a larger image of the main character. Even a little blur to the background may have a nice effect as well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
cool stuff man. The bomberman is a fresh approach. Looking at it makes me wonder a few things about the dynamics of the theme (bomberman being bombed off the grid). I dont know if Bman is a separate layer from that image or not but if he is..........try enlarging him and shrinking the backdrop a bit to make it seem like he's really bombed off the level! Plus you'll be filling up the front of the insert with a larger image of the main character. Even a little blur to the background may have a nice effect as well.

He's not being bombed off he is just hauling ass to get away from the explosion, running into the corner. It was a bitch trying to design a tree/bush that looked "bomberman-ish", my GF still says it looks like Cartman with no head but with his beanie.
:)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Paulie G said:
Thats a great Neo Bomberman insert, I really like it. Would it take much work to make a classic one also (the grey boarder / spine type ) from the insert you have as all my inserts are classics.

My Classic Insert For Neo Bomberman.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Thanks.

Here's my spin on Shock Troopers, FF of course. Whipped this one out because I wanted an FF ST insert.

Hey, I really like that one! I'm glad you went for the "original" snk logo font look too.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
Dreamer said:
Hey, I really like that one! I'm glad you went for the "original" snk logo font look too.

That font's name is Eurostyle (at least the version I have is.) It's used for headers in old-school battletech books, among other things.