Megadrive EA cases for ST-V games, inserts maybe?

slugnoid

Another Striker
lol... back to the drawing board... all this stuff has really dusted off my copy of photoshop. hadn't used it this much in almost a year.

so we don't want to alter the template? oppinions???

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I would just put the STV logo by itself in the corner on the front, and loose that bottom bar.

The logo/sun looks good where it is or in the middle.

PROPER templates need to be made, with all the STV art originating as vector and not scanned/cleaned up. I guess I will start this task today.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
171727809_7a74d5e1f7.jpg

are these those generic cases sold by the 100 that someone linked to earlier?

I want them!

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
slugnoid said:

I happen to like the bottom bar on the insert, but you need a nice big picture of Arle for the front of the insert and it would be perfect!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
slugnoid said:

be original, mix it up. the only thing off on the template was the guide for the spine, just gotta slide the guide over.

slugnoid

Another Striker
yeah, doing a bit more with it tonight... just too drab looking for me. i think i was too tired when i called it done yesterday :).

regarding the template, i kind of like the bottom bar, but i think it works without it... most people seem to like the FFs anyway.

the business with the spine... yeah, these were originally planned for EA cases, but i think dub has the right idea with these all new cases, the template just needs to be revised for it because the spine is a tiny bit thinner (thanks for volunteering dub :D). i'd rather have new cases than old used ones on my shelf anyway.

i'm just happy to see other people working on inserts too... i hate having plane old carts sitting there because they tend to look so nice when there in a nice case with killer art.

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
are these those generic cases sold by the 100 that someone linked to earlier?

I want them!

Yeah you can buy them in bulk. I bought 250 of them to resell on Southtown, at a reasonable mark up. They will definately be less than half the price of a used EA case. Good stuff.

Also anyone who purchased AW cases from us when we had them in stock is more than welcome to a free exchange for the newer style cases.

One problem is - they are about 4-5% larger (uniform) than the EA cases, so that means every insert for ST-V and AW has to be bumped up a hair. I am wondering if I need to keep 2 separate sets of inserts going?

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Oh hotness. Seriously dude. Very very nice job!

Submit the high res PDF via the form and I will get her posted up asap.

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Codeman1 said:
I have no way of saving to PDF atm but here's a a crappy but slightly bigger jpg!

I think that the wider part of that red/blue stripe could be stretched a bit to accomodate a STV logo for the front cover,what do you guys think?

EDIT: like -this-.

I really don't like the stripe being altered for that, I would do it how Slug did it on his PPSun one.

I'd fix the sega logo on the spine too. Looks a little chewed up. Scroll up in this thread I posted a link to an EPS of their logo.

Looks great besides that, submit it and I will host it for downloading/printing. If you can't make a PDF, send the highest res JPEG you have and I will make a PDF out of it for ya.

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
Just bumping to spark some interest, would love to see a finished Winter heat or high rez wrestling.

Codeman1

B. Jenet's Firstmate
ST-V All Japan Pro Wrestling cover

LameKat said:
Just bumping to spark some interest, would love to see a finished Winter heat or high rez wrestling.

I just submited my old All Japan Pro Wrestling to Southtown! Enjoy! :dragf: :buttrock:

I still think it needs more work, the binder holes and the logos etc, but my PS skills are null so if dub or anyone else wants to brush it up a bit then please go ahead!

If anyone prints/boxes it I would really love to see a picture of the end result! :D

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This is my first time looking at this thread, and all I've got to say is dub's the fucking man.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Im too lazy to actually do anything with it now though hah. Too much school work, so unless I see something truly awesome, I wont be making much.

Codeman1

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Winter Heat

Soooo... last night my internet connection was down and I was bored so I started playing with photoshop again, and since Borman is lazy and probably wont finish his Winter Heat insert I decided to try creating one.

I have to agree with him tough, limited artwork pwnz! :D

Limited and low-res artwork+Codeman1's crappy PS skillz =
S0CTMY292729-02.jpg

Comments? Suggestions? Let me know before uploading it to southtown!

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
That looks good from what I can tell.

I would blend that line between the cover and the spine so its seamless.

Also, that text over the skiers on the bottom, is that part of the original art? If not I would drop it or move it to the back.

Finally, I would download the proper EPS versions of the SEGA logos so you know they aren't distorted, wrong colors, etc.

SEGA: http://brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0015/7884/Sega.eps

The newer Sega Sports logo if you wanted to change it: http://brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0008/5245/Sega_Sports.eps

Codeman1

B. Jenet's Firstmate
New version

8TG1EH931822-02.jpg

Changed the SEGA logo's with the one you provided (thx :D ) except for the sports one.
I tried to disguise the line but you can still tell the difference, I couldn't make the back/spine background gradient to match the one on the front :annoyed:
And that text is part of the cover, the japanese Saturn cover to be precise.

Codeman1

B. Jenet's Firstmate
bump

BUMP!

anyone still care about these?

I have been lacking inspiration to finish up the Winter Heat insert, so I had a go at Virtua Fighter Kids!

vfkidsweb.jpg

I still have to finish the back and work on those shadows but what do you guys think? yay or nay? :conf:

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
VF Kids looks great :)

Just finishing this one up, needs some translation though.

soky.jpg

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
Codeman1 said:
BUMP!

anyone still care about these?

I have been lacking inspiration to finish up the Winter Heat insert, so I had a go at Virtua Fighter Kids!

vfkidsweb.jpg

I still have to finish the back and work on those shadows but what do you guys think? yay or nay? :conf:

I care:D Yay for VFK and nice job on the others.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Just wanted to say that this thread was an awesome idea! Any chance that people are working on new inserts? I'd give it a shot, but my editing skills are laughable.:emb:

I would be forever greatful for a shienryu or guardian force insert.:buttrock: :buttrock: