New Buriki One Player

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
I've had the game now for about three days. Its great and all that, well-designed stuff.

So far the only fighter I've mostly figured out is Gai Tendo. Earlier tonight after 5 or 6 tries (since I got the game) I beat Silber by DEC on a credit. 07:23 was my final time. Rob Python is fun to play, but the CPU pulls combos with him that I have no idea how to do. I've also made it to Silber with Patrick Von Heyting without even hardly trying...his Jackhammer to Headscissors deals huge damage.

What I'd like some wisdom on is counter-throws. I've seen a CPU Gai do one where he lands a flying armbar. I NEED to know how to do that. Also, is it possible to hold an opponent in a grounded submission hold for the length of the fight? I can't tell if the CPU is breaking my hold or if I screwed up after about 5 reps on the hold.

This has probably been covered before, but can Silber definitely be unlocked? Does doing so require beating him with every chara and never taking Buriki One out of the mobo if I intend to keep him? If so, thats whack.

-Tech

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Where to start? First, my best advice is when you think you've figured someone out, you probably haven't. There is so much to this game I can't even begin to express.

Next this FAQ should help a bit. Gai is definately a well rounded character, and probably a good one to start with. He gets you used to striking and grappling. His striking skills are good and he's fast with much of it. As a grappler he's not the best but at least he's can do it as many fighters can't.

PV is really strong but he has less moves than most, and many of his moves involve chains to be best utilized (ie following up the jackhammer with the scissorlock).

As to performing submission holds, you can't do it for the entire time of the match as it uses up your balance meter. Each characters meter is a different size and fills at a different rate. There is more involved than that but that should answer your question for the moment.

Most counters take a while to get the timing etc, and are harder to perform due to the inherent nature of them, you have to counter something, and in Buriki One there are counters for strikes and grapples from all different directions and on the floor. The armbar with Gai that you speak of is one of the easier counters (and is very useful against Silber when he does his 3 straight punches in a row) and is performed by pressing down back then forward on the joystick. You have to time it so you press forward after your opponent throws a punch to you midsection.

And yes, Silber can definately be unlocked, and yes requires that you beat him with each character and keep the game in the mobo (due to battery save).

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Yeah start with Gai, hes fast and well rounded.

The thing with this game there are not many generic moves like other fighters, each character is completely different in operation to the last.

Sokolov and P.V are great to use too, lots of power wrestling moves.... Its a good game, I just need to teach my friends to play it.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
beh3moth said:
Yeah start with Gai, hes fast and well rounded.

The thing with this game there are not many generic moves like other fighters, each character is completely different in operation to the last.

Sokolov and P.V are great to use too, lots of power wrestling moves.... Its a good game, I just need to teach my friends to play it.

Sokolov is still one of my favorites. I love seeing an old school wrestler in a fighting game.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Today I used Jaques Ducalis, the French Judo guy. GREAT throws, I really like how many can be used just from the basic grapple. Then following with a fuggin' gi choke to armbar transition? For an MMA fan this game is nails. Sort of a bummer to be against Heyting with no Balance left, tho.

Many thanks to the chosen one for the pro tips.

-Tech

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
#28 said:
Today I used Jaques Ducalis, the French Judo guy. GREAT throws, I really like how many can be used just from the basic grapple. Then following with a fuggin' gi choke to armbar transition? For an MMA fan this game is nails. Sort of a bummer to be against Heyting with no Balance left, tho.

Many thanks to the chosen one for the pro tips.

-Tech

Ducalis also has the badass midsection grapple counter where he rolls them and comes out on top, perfect against most of the grapplers. I really like his body slam as well. Ducalis is like Gai, they can both strike and grapple, but while Gai leans towards striking, Ducalis leans toward grappling.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
The_Chosen_One said:
Most counters take a while to get the timing etc, and are harder to perform due to the inherent nature of them, you have to counter something, and in Buriki One there are counters for strikes and grapples from all different directions and on the floor. The armbar with Gai that you speak of is one of the easier counters (and is very useful against Silber when he does his 3 straight punches in a row) and is performed by pressing down back then forward on the joystick. You have to time it so you press forward after your opponent throws a punch to you midsection.

I just did the Gai flying armbar...epic. I want to try and quickly grapple from behind into a back suplex next time. Total Fighting is the strongest. The Ducalis monkey flip happened for me several times today. All accidental. B-1 rules like that, badass moves you do by chance.

What's the world record for best time with what fighter?

-Tech

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
#28 said:
I just did the Gai flying armbar...epic. I want to try and quickly grapple from behind into a back suplex next time. Total Fighting is the strongest. The Ducalis monkey flip happened for me several times today. All accidental. B-1 rules like that, badass moves you do by chance.

What's the world record for best time with what fighter?

-Tech

I'm not sure what the world record is but I've got (had as I just put Buriki back on the Hyper, been playing Samsho 64 2) some pretty fast times with Python.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Pleased to report that I got the one-cred with Heyting last night, made Silber tap to a headscissor choke. Now I just need to do that with the other 9 chara and Silber's slow, predictable ass is mine.

PS--how great is Heyting's charging uppercut (hold back then hold forward) to use on an opponent who is staggering back to their feet? Time it right and you'll bust 'em in the mouth every time.

-Tech

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
#28 said:
Pleased to report that I got the one-cred with Heyting last night, made Silber tap to a headscissor choke. Now I just need to do that with the other 9 chara and Silber's slow, predictable ass is mine.

PS--how great is Heyting's charging uppercut (hold back then hold forward) to use on an opponent who is staggering back to their feet? Time it right and you'll bust 'em in the mouth every time.

-Tech

The good news is that beating Silber with a grappler is the hard part, so the other 9 should be easier.

I never really like PV's charging uppercut, but used to love his shoulder charge. You can abuse the crap out of it against Silber and most everyone.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
The_Chosen_One said:
The good news is that beating Silber with a grappler is the hard part, so the other 9 should be easier.

Bang, one-cred with Payak today.

-Tech

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
#28 said:
Bang, one-cred with Payak today.

-Tech

In my opinion, Payak is the best character in the game. Spend some time with him, he's really impressive. Good against basically all characters in my opinion. He has good short combos that do heavy damage, and is rather difficult to predict where he's going to come at you from. If you get too close he can give you the knees to the face, and he has counters against both midsection and high grapples.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
how much does this game usually go for? I never see it on ebay or anywhere else. Any site sell Hyper 64 games for cheap?

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I have a spare one that is not in a kit, but I am thinking of selling a Rev 1 board along with it and a FF:WA kit. Haven't thought about how much I would want for the bundle as it would be pretty spendy to ship.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Lets talk Sokolov.

I just started playing him a little bit. The rolling belly-to-belly suplexes and reverse Tiger suplexes are BRUTAL. Like Van Heyting, Ivan can finish a match with just a few quick moves but his striking sucks. All I've seen so far is his lowkick, which is nice for taking away a bit of Balance to set up some suplexes, but that certainly won't do if thats all he's packing. I assume his move where he leans back is the start of a strike counter, much like Gai's?

The Chosen One, I'm looking your way.

-Tech

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
No mention of Takato?

When he steps back if you catch the opponent with a high palm strike as a counter, it launches them across the screen and sets you up nicely for a swift arm break when they are down. If you hit them in the chest on a counter it winds your opponent, allows you to have a free attack.

The guy is lethal especially against striking characters. Silber can be beaten in around 10 seconds with just counters. His medium height counter attack is the most impressive looking move in the game, when he catches the leg at medium height and sweeps them off their feet with his arm. It can be seen in the intro sequence. :)

Once you click as to how the game works completing it with each character can be done in a day. Blocking all the time is the key to beating Silber, he has no grapples so just block and wait for a move with a nice delay then strike.:very_ang:

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
The problem with Takato is that his Balance is piss-poor. I wouldn't risk playing him against a skilled player, even someone using a big striker like Gai or Ryo.

-Tech