Kizuna Encounter Players Thread

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
I've just started playing this but have been playing a lot. I just read a FAQ for it but still have questions, maybe some active players could weigh in on them...

I have not seen or executed a Team-Up Attack. Do these pack Super-type damage? Are there any team-specific ones or is it based on who your active fighter is?

I haven't seen a Guard Cancel. Is this Real Bout kinda stuff, where Rosa's F/D/DF+C would be one?

What is the record hi Rush?

-Tech

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I love this game, never owned it, but play it at my boys house alot, they used to have it at a taco shop near by which where I first saw it.

Yes team up moves do a lot of damage!

Have fun!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
#28 said:
I've just started playing this but have been playing a lot. I just read a FAQ for it but still have questions, maybe some active players could weigh in on them...

I have not seen or executed a Team-Up Attack. Do these pack Super-type damage? Are there any team-specific ones or is it based on who your active fighter is?

I haven't seen a Guard Cancel. Is this Real Bout kinda stuff, where Rosa's F/D/DF+C would be one?

What is the record hi Rush?

-Tech

the team up attack does little damage. It's there for flair. You need to have your player int he red and in his own tag area to pull it off.

The record hi rush is pretty fucking hi too. It's over 40 hits I believe. I saw the video before on an Italian neo geo site.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Kizuna rocks bigtime :buttrock:

I'm sorry I had nothing to contribute to the thread, but I just had to chirp in. Top notch game, surely worth a wad of dosh for any mush around!

yashiroTCM

Hardened Shock Trooper
Also check my combo exhibition, you might get some more enlightenment on this game.

Download combo exhibition here

P.D. You'll need a Fileplanet account to download, if you do not have one, you can get it for free right there.

Regardz

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
if someone does d/l thise files, can they pls host them somewhere where i don't need to register 1st

thanks in advance

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Nothing useful to contribute, but I'm just compelled by nature to add the following:

I played Kizuna Encounter for the first time about a week ago and: FUCKING WOW!!!!!! Impressive is an understatement, why didn't this become a big name franchise like KOF or Garou (an online port would be sooooooooooooooo essential)?

Also, I've read that the game Savage Reign (I'm pretty sure that was it) is a kind of semi-prequal to Kizuna, what's it like?

Just wait till I get good at this game.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94 said:
Nothing useful to contribute, but I'm just compelled by nature to add the following:

I played Kizuna Encounter for the first time about a week ago and: FUCKING WOW!!!!!! Impressive is an understatement, why didn't this become a big name franchise like KOF or Garou (an online port would be sooooooooooooooo essential)?

Also, I've read that the game Savage Reign (I'm pretty sure that was it) is a kind of semi-prequal to Kizuna, what's it like?

Just wait till I get good at this game.

Savage Reign isn't a semi-prequal, it's the first installment of the series. SR's game play is fundamentally the same as KE with the exception of the tag feature (SR is one on one) and SR has multi level environments. However, KE is the better playing of the 2. While I love SR the controlls are stiff and the AI can get on your nerves. KE plays faster and the tag format livens things up a good bit. If you haven't played SR and you like KE, give it a try.

As far as Kizuna goes, Mezu and Impostor King Lion own all.

VIOLENT STORM!!

pellucidity

Rugal's Thug
Threadjack:

Anyone keen on playing it in true 4P tag mode? I talked to Raz about it a bit and it seems like what is needed to make it work is well understood, but not trivial to do.