Shooter Soundtrack Thread

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Cnidarian said:
official OST containing both the cartridge+NGCD versions:

http://rapidshare.de/files/16670723/pccb00192.zip.html

slightlydark.com actually hosted the album one time, but I encoded this copy myself a bit earlier.
What's up with the cartridge music? Did you just record it in poor quality or what (It sounds significantly worse than the NGCD versions, particularly the intro MISSION song)? I didn't expect that there'd be this big of a difference between the cart and the CD. I think I might have to get a NGCD instead now :crying:

EDIT: I'm also used to listening to the Neo CD version TwinkleStar Sprites, so does anybody have the soundtrack for it that contains both the cart and CD versions so I can see if the quality problem was only with Pulstar or not?

Last edited:

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
What's up with the cartridge music?
I ripped the soundtrack CD into VBR mp3, I don't know how to record it from the cart.

and yeah, the original MVS/NGH music is definitely not as clear as the arranged NGCD tunes (which doesn't sound all that different IMO). that's the way it is usually.

btw, here are scans: 01 02 03 04

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
How long is that stuff goign to remain up? I'm goign to have to make a few trips to school with my flash drive and I dont want to miss any of it.

kubrick

Stakes Winner
The yousendit links are only valid for 7 days. I think there's a limit on the amount of downloads too.

If you miss something, I'm sure they could be uploaded again easily since more people will have the files now :cool:

sokolean

n00b
The goal of my life is to get my hands on the original Thunder Force 3 Soundtrack CD. Anyone who has it CONTACT ME KNOW! I've been looking for this thing for years!! Please!!! I pay good money!

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
sokolean said:
The goal of my life is to get my hands on the original Thunder Force 3 Soundtrack CD.
I've got the mp3s of this album that were previously hosted on slightlydark.com, if you're interested.

but if you want to own the actual CD itself, be prepared to pay big money:

Yahoo! Japan Auctions link

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
ANybody have Mars Matrix?

SSS

neo retired
know it's a long shot, anyone have dogyuun? there was an official ost release.

I could rip the ast from the pcb using sound check if I really wanted to.

Last edited:

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
pixeljunkie said:

icon14.gif

This is the best thread this entire forum has seen in awhile.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Where'd you guys get the Neo-Geo soundtracks (For those that didn't use the NGCD version to rip the soundtrack)?