Playing Neo Geo 64 at home

crashx99

n00b
Ok, I am about to purchase a neo geo 64, but what do I need to play it at home? Well more specifically, what do i need to play a medium res game on my TV? And are there any diagrams to make a RGB to NTSC converter for medium res games?

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Standard res game. If you get a rev 2 motherboard you can hook it up to your supergun or cab without much hazzle.

complexs6

Camel Slug
Hello what you need to do is either buy a cabinet or buy a super gun. Here is a list of superguns for sell on ebay. I would recommend this one, thats going to end in 8 hours. I came close to buying it but already spent a good hunk of cash on a supergun from arcadekingdom on ebay, he custom builds them and doesnt have any listed on ebay but he always puts them back up ever so often, email and ask him if your interested and tell him to send you some pictures (the good thing he gives a 6 month warrant with the system he builds thats why I got it from him). One of the most important things to make sure is what revision you get either 1 or 2 and make sure its meant for the fighting games(if thats what you want to play) most are but a few are for the driving games they made. Another important thing to make sure is the supergun has a test button so you can enter game options, some superguns have them some dont. Also composite video looks poor while s-video is the only way to use a supergun so make sure it has s-video which most do and make sure your TV does to.

SNK FOREVER
Own:
MV-1B with unibios 2.2 - JMKurtz installed it
Hyper 64

Samurai Shodown 64
Samurai Shodown 1,2,3,4
SNK vs Capcom
Superside Kicks 2,3
Art of Fighting 3

03-30-06_0054.jpg

03-30-06_0057.jpg

Last edited: