Thread: Neo Geo AES and buzzing problem

Timid Neo Newbie

Neo Geo AES and buzzing problem

Hi,

I have recently tried out my old Neo Geo AES (jap) system and all is well except for a constant buzzing sound that comes from the tv's right speaker. It seems to get much worse whenever the screen gets brighter.

I have tried it on 2 different TVs and get the same problem with both. I am using the neo lead that came with the system into the scart socket on the TV, and also the power supply that is recommended on the back of the console (pro-pow-e).

If anyone has any ideas what the problem could be I would be most grateful.

Thanks, Jason

Timid Neo Newbie

No the console is not modded.
    Last edited by tazmago; 03-13-2006 at 10:39 AM.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I have the exact same problem. And on my MV-4F slot too.

Seems to be an issue with the TV itself. Try it on another TV set and check if the problem is still present.

Timid Neo Newbie

I have tried it on another TV and through a 2.1 speaker system and it happens every time.

I have just found a shop nearby that deals with all kinds of retro consoles, I will give them a ring tomorrow to see if they can have a look at it for me. I'll let you know what they say.

Ninja Combat Warrior

I get that problem with my consolised 2-slot. I just mute the tv and route the sound through my surround sound system and it's fine.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Ahh... Now I remember!

I'll try to explain in a comprehensive english

When i built my supergun, I tried different kinds of resistors on the SYNC signal of the RGB wires, trying to find something that would give me a good picture.

I had no buzzing in the sound with a 100ohms resistor, but as soon as i tried a 50ohms one, the buzz in the sound was present. (a buzz which interacts with the brightness of the picture)

So I think it might be an interference between the Sync line and the Audio line.

Thread Information