Hyper Neo Samurai Shodown Videos

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Haven't seen these posted here before... Tho I am wondering whether these are done on the Hyper or the Playstation. I don't remember some of the things in the videos.

SS64
News from Majestros - there are some nice Samurai Shodown 64 combo videos here, at Ese Dancer's. The combo videos are on the left side, and the SS64 ones are under the 'NeoGeo64(Samurai Spirits)' heading. Majestros mentioned hn64_ss_pv01.avi specifically, but, hey, they were all new to me.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Ok I've just watched them all

I think the SS2asla01 video is by far the best, and both the ones with asla look like they are running on the Hyper - SS Warriors Rage 2 infact!

The other video (hn64sspv01) is ok, but it's either the first SamSho64 game (and I don't remember how it plays) or it's the playstation version.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
site is SLLOOOOWWWW

I'm downloading them now

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Downloading now, I hope the quality is decent.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Pretty cool though so many of those combos start with the player behind the opponent. Makes it very impractical. Still nice to see the Hyper love.

complexs6

Camel Slug
Couldnt see any of it because its in another language, tryed to google translate but didnt work?

ray_7

OMG I've been dying to see some Hyper action for months now!

Thanks dude.

PS: Are those easy to do? I mean is the combo system something like Tekken or KoF, which IMO is easier compared to VF.

I'm really considering picking a Hyper setup just for this game (and maybe Buriki too).

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Dude the 40Mb Samurai spirits video just rocks!! :buttrock:

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
complexs6 said:
Couldnt see any of it because its in another language, tryed to google translate but didnt work?
Dude, just find the words "Neo Geo" on the left.... how do you think the rest of us did it???

Heh, well yeah I'm the man for finding these!

complexs6

Camel Slug
Hey guys, thanks for the post and link but I watched them both and they werent that great. I personally never played SS64 and I am waiting to get it any day in the mail to play it for the first time, I was hoping it would have more blood and finishing moves but I was disappointed when I heard it doesnt, dont get me wrong I cant wait to see the game play. But until I play it I wont know what to say.

complexs6

Camel Slug
By the way guys, I see the game as Samurai Spirits 64 and not Samurai Shodown 64, from what I read this game was never released in the US so the game never got the US title of Shodown in the place of Spirits. I am just curious if anyone got any more info or is that just it.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
complexs6 said:
By the way guys, I see the game as Samurai Spirits 64 and not Samurai Shodown 64, from what I read this game was never released in the US so the game never got the US title of Shodown in the place of Spirits. I am just curious if anyone got any more info or is that just it.

I think it never came out of Japan... anyway... Spirits... Shodown... same game, different name :P

starman

Armored Scrum Object
Wow... seeing the two ss64's in motion really makes me want to play them now... Those moves are stylish like crazy, and the animation really is pretty neato for a first gen 3d game...

Darn it, my light wallet is going to feel even lighter... :emb:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
WTF...

Is that link down?

wait....found the clips....thanks...