JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
xjakkshittythread.gif

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
Loopz said:
3. Be yourself.

me and my friend used to have an old joke:

maybe being yourself is not such a good idea when you are being yourself and people actually like you even less.

:loco:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Makismo said:
I am sure that I have bad breath since I smoke all the time. I have at least 30 smokes a day. Also, I am smoking Pall Mall 100's. If you know anything about cigarettes then you would know that these last almost 7 minutes each. A regular cigarette such as Camels or Marlboros last about 3 and a half minuets each. So I am basically smoking around 3 packs of Camels or Marlboros when I smoke a pack and a half of Pall Mall 100's.

You've gotta quit - that's way too much smoking for someone your age (or any age). Get the patch, Nicorette, or whatever it takes. Besides chasing chicks away, you won't live past 40 at that rate.

Makismo said:
I used to have a good head of hair but I have a very bad receding hair line. I use Rogain now but it hasn't helped that much. My hair is now pretty thin as well these days. I think that I will have to get hair plugs before I am 24. I do brush my teeth but they are a little bit yellow so I should probably get them cleaned.

Get the plugs if you think you'll look weird with short hair - and get your teeth cleaned at least once a year, preferably once every six months.

Makismo said:
I do wash my face a lot but I still break out now and then. Actually, I always have a number of pimples on my face and am constantly popping them - they are on the large side as well. Not as bad as they were 5 years ago but still not that great.

DON'T pop your zits - it only increases the likelihood of scarring and increasing the chances for new infection. Go see a dermatologist if they're bad. For the price of a homecart, a competent dermatologist could do wonders for your acne.

Makismo said:
I usually wear clean clothes but I don't have anything that is in style. I lost a lot of weight for one reason or another. I am about 6 feet tall and weigh 155 pounds. So I don't look very big. I hope that gives you some idea of what you are working with. Thanks for your time.

Get some new clothes, and try to weight train at least three times a week.

Curt

apostate
What hasn't really been addressed here is your personal appearance.

If you look better, you will feel better, and girls will respond more easily.

You said you have a slight acne problem... buy some proactive gel. www.proactive.com.

Your build seems a bit on the lanky side... It wouldn't hurt to gain a few pounds of muscle. You could join a gym, and go maybe 2 times a week, or if that's not your thing, buy some barbells, and maybe a bench press for home and just lift a bit. I go to the gym, and I also have a Bowflex for home, those look kinda funny.. but they really get the job done. Not quite as good as the gym. But good.

Also your teeth/breath, take good care of them, make sure to brush two times a day, Targon toothpaste might help in your situation, get a whitening kit from the supermarket, and make them a few shades less "yellow". And before you leave the house use some mouthwash to get the cigarette smell out.

As for you clothes...

You need atleast two sets of good clothes to start out with.

Get some good attire from the mall or any place around where you live thats a bit on the "nicer" side. Having a girl help you pick stuff out would be really helpful, but that might not be an option. Just look for a nice pair of pants, a nice shirt, (nothing gawdy... no dragons... none of that printed madness) in a solid tone.

And get a new Haircut... to keep yourself as well kempt as possible.

Then perhaps check out the club scene, or try and go to a few parties, or if your going the netgirl route... use your better appearance when meeting such types.

That's the best advice I can think of man... Good luck.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I don't know what to tell you past what others have already said. There has been some insightful advice, and I can only affirm what I have already seen. You get women to like you because of who you are. It's what you have to offer that is unique and what no one else has which is you. Be yourself, have fun around them and don't feel like you must impress them. I don't know you at all besides some board posts, but you seem like an alright guy who just needs a confidence booster. If you are hanging around girls that don't appreciate you being a gentleman, then it is thier loss and don't feel like you must convince them otherwise. This doesn't just apply to women, but people in general. There are people who will thank you for your effort and realy appreciate you, and others will not care a bit.

Don't just hang out with girls just to have girls that "like" you. Hang out with girls who are genuine and appreciate your certian way of talking or just for your unique company and don't settle for second best. Trust me, there are some awesome women out there who appreciate men for being gentlemen, but don't let the ones who don't get you down. Once that girl comes around, all of your time you spent looking will not be wasted. Quantity does not equal quailty, and don't worry so much. It's the classic saying "God things come to those that wait". Let these things come to you instead of looking for what might not be there at the moment. Best of luck.

chemical

Morden's Lackey
It's natural selection. Those offering nothing of interest to the opposite sex (good looks, brains, charisma, money...take your pick) are not of value to our survival as a species, and thus, not allowed to propagate.

Better luck next life. :rolleyes:

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I have heard that a number of you have mentioned that I should go to a gym since being 6 feet tall and only weighing 155 pounds isn't that great. The funny thing is, I work out 5 times a week. I used 35 pound weights on the preacher bar. That isn't all that easy. I can do that 10 times in a row for 5 sets. I can bench press 165 pounds easily 10 times for 5 sets - which is more than I weigh. I can do 600 push-ups in one day without any problem. I do my push-ups in 6 sets with 100 reps each. I use a 60 pound dumbbell for the French curl. I can do that 50 times in a row. I do that about 4 times so 200 reps.

I also do the leg press machine and I put about 400 pounds on it and do 30 reps. I usually do 400-500 crunches every other day. I also work my deltoids with a 35 pounder doing arm extensions. I use 85 pound weights for the dumbbell press. I use the maximum weight on the abb-machine which is 200 pounds. I do a lot of other things as well. I am actually a lot stronger than most of the people who weigh a lot more than me but I am still thin as a rail. I wish I could get bigger. Oh well....

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
chemical said:
It's natural selection. Those offering nothing of interest to the opposite sex (good looks, brains, charisma, money...take your pick) are not of value to our survival as a species, and thus, not allowed to propagate.

Better luck next life. :rolleyes:

I wish that were the case. However, idiots seem to reproduce like rats. Whether they're trailer park trash, hoes from the ghetto, or whatever - I'd say that as a species, we're devolving at an alarming rate. Of course, I don't know the numbers off hand, but it's certainly the case the the less educated seem to get pregnant at a much earlier age, and seem to continue having children whether or not they can afford it.

Sure - attractive, intelligent people will reproduce, but they won't have 9 kids. I shudder to think of what the average intelligence level will be like a hundred years from now. :oh_no:

I'm not big on conspiracy theories ... but that crap scares the hell out of me.

Anyway, sorry to go so far off topic.

Curt

apostate
Makismo said:
I have heard that a number of you have mentioned that I should go to a gym since being 6 feet tall and only weighing 155 pounds isn't that great. The funny thing is, I work out 5 times a week. I used 35 pound weights on the preacher bar. That isn't all that easy. I can do that 10 times in a row for 5 sets. I can bench press 165 pounds easily 10 times for 5 sets - which is more than I weigh. I can do 600 push-ups in one day without any problem. I do my push-ups in 6 sets with 100 reps each. I use a 60 pound dumbbell for the French curl. I can do that 50 times in a row. I do that about 4 times so 200 reps.

I also do the leg press machine and I put about 400 pounds on it and do 30 reps. I usually do 400-500 crunches every other day. I also work my deltoids with a 35 pounder doing arm extensions. I use 85 pound weights for the dumbbell press. I use the maximum weight on the abb-machine which is 200 pounds. I do a lot of other things as well. I am actually a lot stronger than most of the people who weigh a lot more than me but I am still thin as a rail. I wish I could get bigger. Oh well....

That's good start.

Have you tried protein shakes? After (Or before) my workouts sometimes, I make a Vanilla Protein Powder, Nonfat milk, and banana (for sugar) Protein Shake.

It tastes damn good... And helps build Muscle... not fat.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
lifting weights has nothing to do with getting chicks, honestly being good looking has nothing to do with getting chicks, i see so many chicks walking around and their boyfriends are WAY below them looks wise.

the fact you even made a post like this, shows you're trying to hard, i honestly don't think you have any sort of personality either, you're like cardboard. obviously you're never gonna get a chick with the attitude "why can't i get chicks?"

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Good luck.

According to what you post, you will really need it.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Good luck.

According to what you post, you will really need it.

should you really be posting in here? mr. internet? idol jpgs don't count as real gfs.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
CurtWRX said:
That's good start.

Have you tried protein shakes? After (Or before) my workouts sometimes, I make a Vanilla Protein Powder, Nonfat milk, and banana (for sugar) Protein Shake.

It tastes damn good... And helps build Muscle... not fat.

I usually have two protein shakes on the days that I am working out. I have done that for about a month and so far it hasn't worked too well. Also, I don't have hardly any fat on me. I am almost all muscle. I have been told that I am not that bad looking. If someone wants a picture of me, just let me know and I can send it in an email. It isn't the best picture but I guess it will do. Thanks for your time.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
You are talking about your workout routine and it seems pretty decent, but all you are really doing is just adding definition. More reps and less wieght just tones what you already have but doesn't really bulk you up. If you are wanting to bulk up, do less reps, more wieghts and if you are serious, try a protien shake or check out GNC and see what they have (if you've got the extra bucks to spend). Besides, lifting wieghts and wieght training is great, but it's all in the way you carry yourself. I have a couple of good friends on the baseball team at my college who are pretty well cut guys, but they caryy themselves with shoulders slumped, head down, and bad posture. I know it might sound a but silly that posture and all that crap your folks told you to do when your a kid effects you ("STAND UP STRAIT!!"), but it really does.

Dask K was right on the money on the fact that I've seen a lot of very attractive women with guys and I'm going "How did he get with her?", but it happens for one main reason, personality. Now I know it sounds cheesy like a bad Ronco Food Dehydrator infommercial, but it's true. Men are more geared towards the physical (generally speaking) while women look for a guy that has a good character and personality that interests them. Many women would gladly sacrifice looks for a little more personality and uniqueness. I don't think it's "What more do I need to do?", but more of a "What do I need to do with what I already have?". Take what you have and try to make it the best it can be. Whether it's looks, clothes, teeth, personality, etc., make it the best it can be and see where that takes you.

Walk with a little more confidence. I'm also a taller guy. I'm around 6'4" and wiegh about 220 and I had noticed that since I was taller then a good amount of the people I knew, I unknowingly slouched my shoulders to kind of "fit in" in a way. This way I wasn't so tall and I did it out of habit. Lately the person I'm dating a I were talking about things, and she had stated that she noticed from the time she's known me (about 10 years or so), that I had a bit of a slouched posture and maybe did it to compensate for the fact that I'm taller. Now I make sure to walk with more confidence and have a proper posture. Don't act cocky or tough, just have confidence and that will go a long way towards improving your overall self image.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
DashK said:
should you really be posting in here? mr. internet? idol jpgs don't count as real gfs.

That is Mr lol internet to you, Dash Radio.

Avatars of black men don't count as girlfriends either, and I see you posting.

For a second, while reading your posts I thought you were intelligent at *some* point and even agreed with your statements, but I believe I was truly mistaken.

What an idiot.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
That is Mr lol internet to you, Dash Radio.

Avatars of black men don't count as girlfriends either, and I see you posting.

For a second, while reading your posts I thought you were intelligent at *some* point and even agreed with your statements, but I believe I was truly mistaken.

What an idiot.

"Your" an ignorant.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I am afraid that I do hunch over a lot. I always feel that I have a large weight on my back that pushes me down. When I notice that I am hunched over, I try to straighten up a bit to show more confidence. You could probably tell from my picture (the one that I have) that I don't have a lot of self-confidence. If I had a friend, then maybe I would like myself more. However, right now I don't have any friends and I haven't had one in years.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
DashK said:
You aren't Japanese.

I win.

Another great comeback. You dissapoint me, and take things off-topic. Shut up.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!

WOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!

Oh... hehehehehehe... what the fuck?!?... hehehehe...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

...Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.