Roll Call: Ibara PS2

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Cave.

Shooter.

nuff said.

Just put my pre-order in last week and will be looking forward to now the 4th Cave shooter on the PS2. Anyone else picking this up?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Putting it off in lieu of Under Defeat.

Hopefully I'll be picking one up down the line from one of you fine fellows (or one over on the shmup boards).

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'll be getting it along with Rajirugi some time next week.

BIG

sony fanboy
I'm getting this along with the rest of my stash this week .

It's great to have a local import shop (japanvideogames).

B-

kubrick

Stakes Winner
Ordered it a few weeks back along with Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box since it's out the same day. :D

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
I have mine preordered but decided to have it ship along with the new DS Lite. So I wont get it for another week or so.
It looks like it will be a fun game.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
kubrick said:
Ordered it a few weeks back along with Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box since it's out the same day. :D

Hell yeah! Looking forward to that Gunstar Heroes Box. The new sega ages collections are getting really good, no more of this crap remake stuff.

Your avatar rocks. Salamander Deluxe Pack is so good, playing Salamander 2 right now.

Ibara looks rad. There are so many games out, I sill haven't bought all the games I wanted last month....

Saturn2dfreak

Mickey's Coach
preorder lastweek along wit a jap tekken 5 HRAP for a goodprice

and BIG, check your pm box.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
i sort of want it.
but c'mon.
this KETSUI procrastination is just plain bullshit.
you KNOW it's going to launch for the PS3 ... RIGHT?

jesus, don't make me buy a ps3.

BIG

sony fanboy
Kid Aphex said:
i sort of want it.
but c'mon.
this KETSUI procrastination is just plain bullshit.
you KNOW it's going to launch for the PS3 ... RIGHT?

jesus, don't make me buy a ps3.

What a complete and utter BS.

Ketsui for PS3?

That game could've easily been done on a PS2.

B-

it290

Not so MEGA, eh?
I've got it on preorder from PA. Wish it came with some of the figures (one of which is being include with the sound track), but ah well. I am even more psyched now that the arrange mode is officially going to be the same as Black Label.

Valgar

NEST Puppet
Jedah Doma said:
Cave.

Shooter.

nuff said.

Just put my pre-order in last week and will be looking forward to now the 4th Cave shooter on the PS2. Anyone else picking this up?

More like

Raizing.

Shooter.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Valgar said:
More like

Raizing.

Shooter.

Raizing is cool, but c'mon, they're too oldschool and easy. Cave is the standard now. You can count me in on Ibara for PS2, but I'm kind of bummed about how lame Ibara is when compared to Ibara black label.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
ResOGlas said:
Raizing is cool, but c'mon, they're too oldschool and easy. Cave is the standard now. You can count me in on Ibara for PS2, but I'm kind of bummed about how lame Ibara is when compared to Ibara black label.

The PS2 has the black label version of Ibara included in an arranged mode on the disc, so you get the best of both worlds.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Raizing is cool, but c'mon, they're too oldschool and easy..

What?! Go play Dimahoo, come back and try to say that.

Kiken

Camel Slug
BIG said:
What a complete and utter BS.

Ketsui for PS3?

That game could've easily been done on a PS2.

B-

A PS3 launch title, probably not... but Mihara (of Arika) has stated that he wants to create some other-worldly practice mode for a home port of Ketsui that the PS2 can't handle.

There is no arguement though that they couldn't do a relatively perfect port right now on the PS2 seeing as Ketsui was on the same hardware as DDP-DOJ and ESPGaluda. The problem is that they don't simply want to release a port... they want to include bonus material to make it appealing to the Japanese console market.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Kiken said:
A PS3 launch title, probably not... but Mihara (of Arika) has stated that he wants to create some other-worldly practice mode for a home port of Ketsui that the PS2 can't handle.

There is no arguement though that they couldn't do a relatively perfect port right now on the PS2 seeing as Ketsui was on the same hardware as DDP-DOJ and ESPGaluda. The problem is that they don't simply want to release a port... they want to include bonus material to make it appealing to the Japanese console market.

I still contend a launch title.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
I'll certainly get it when I am in Okinawa this March-Sep.

That and the new DC shooter coming out.

Valgar

NEST Puppet
ResOGlas said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Raizing is not oldschool or easy like others have already mentioned (unless you have the scores to back up the statement). In fact, something like BG at FULL RANK may be harder than every CAVE game.

Ibara was MADE by former RAIZING employees and is, in essence, Battle Garegga 2. Which is why I said what I said.

Last edited:

Shibusawa

Quiz Detective
Well Raiden 3, Homura and Ibaragga are on their way, probabbly giving me shmup overkill in the coming weeks. I say bring it on. Will be interesting to see which will become my favourite.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Pre-ordered mine in November. Seems it shipped today. Won't make it for the weekend but I've got plenty of other stuff to do anyway. Plus it's not really Cave anyway ;)

ord1000

Crazed MVS Addict
Well the game and soundtrack has been shipped! I'm really looking forward to trying out the arrange mode on this.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
... or try to 1CC batrider.

sooo close...so very close [shakes fist at Batrider gods]

I plan on waiting to hear if this is better than the Mushi port. That one burned me a little too much. Arika spoiled me.