englannin kielinen thread

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Is anybody going to the DigiExpo (3. - 5.11.) this year? I watched Tilt.tv on wednesday evening and it mentioned that you could try PS3 (and very likely Nintendo Wii) games over there...

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Akira_Tekagi said:
Is anybody going to the DigiExpo (3. - 5.11.) this year? I watched Tilt.tv on wednesday evening and it mentioned that you could try PS3 (and very likely Nintendo Wii) games over there...

I'm working there every day, for Amo/Nintendo.

I believe PS3 hands-on would take a lot of waiting, there are only a few of them there, in a closed booth or something.

But there are 12 Wiis there, with 2 Zeldas, 2 Marios, Metroid Prime 3, ExciteTruck, Wii Play, Wii Sports and Wario Ware.

There are some technical difficulties with the environment, but you'll get the idea behind Wii...

Last edited:

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
- Wii Sports Pack
- WiiRemote & WiiPlay
- WiiRemote
- Classic Controller (2 kpl)
- Nunchuck (2 kpl)
- Zelda
- Call Of Duty 3

Näin aluksi. :cool:

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
I got Wii Play and Zelda, and I'm happy just playing Wii Sports for now :D Very fun console, truly FUN!

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Not yet,

I R Flat broke.

Prolly will get one further down the line.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Reiko said:
Did everyone buy a Wii already? I sure did 8)
Congratulations! :) Was it worth the long wait? Could you tell us some more impressions about the Wii and it's games?

I was intrested in the Wii a while ago, but after giving it some more thought I decided to be patient and not to buy it yet. There are still a few AES games that I want to buy in the near future and for me the Wii doesn't yet have the "must-have" game. I hope that the next SNKP arcade games (KoF XII, Samurai Shodown 3D) will be released for the Wii. The virtual console would be great for me since I don't have any of the VC's supported consoles. How much do the Wii points cost if you buy them online?

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
1000 Wii Points for 10€. I don't find that nice though, because I wanted to buy one PC Engine game and they cost 600 points, but you can't buy 600 points, you have to buy a thousand so you'll have 400 extra points left. And you can only use those points if you buy a thousand more points, as the cheapest games are NES games for 500 points. Also there's the PAL issue of VC, which means games will be as sweet as we remember them to be, in their 50 hz slowliness and black borders, and we'll never get games that haven't been released in our region. Some games are supposedly as good as the NTSC versions but not most.

I'm really enjoying the Wii, as I play it with my family (Wii Sports) and Zelda is a really great game. Then again, Zelda is available for Gamecube too. Might be better to wait for a lot more games to arrive and the price is sure to drop at some point to 199 or less. Worth the wait? Hell yes, I've been salivating over it as soon as the controller was revealed ^^ And the controller at least sure doesn't disappoint. We just need more games now!

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Reiko said:
1000 Wii Points for 10€.
The Wii Points seem to be cheaper if you buy them online. Wii Points Cards (2000 Wii Points) cost 24,90€ at Stockmann and 22,90€ at Verkkokauppa.com.

Reiko said:
Also there's the PAL issue of VC, which means games will be as sweet as we remember them to be, in their 50 hz slowliness and black borders, and we'll never get games that haven't been released in our region. Some games are supposedly as good as the NTSC versions but not most.
I hope the difference isn't too bad... I'll have to see that for myself.

Reiko said:
And the controller at least sure doesn't disappoint.
Is there any delay when you use the Wii Remote to for example aim at something? Can you use the Wii Remote to play Virtual Console games?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Reiko said:
Also there's the PAL issue of VC, which means games will be as sweet as we remember them to be, in their 50 hz slowliness and black borders, and we'll never get games that haven't been released in our region. Some games are supposedly as good as the NTSC versions but not most.

Get a jp wii.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I managed to get a Wii today by total chance. There was one in Tilt that the person who pre ordered did not collect :) Also bought extra controller etc and the zelda game... Wii fire it up later today.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Anyone else with a Wii want to add me to their Wii contacts

number 3540 3735 3301 6002
name LexaBoy

Now its time to watch Sari making a fool of herself trying to play tennis :)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yea, Im have great fun with the remote. :)

Raz

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I got a Wii :D Happy Me!!

I walked into a Tilt (while waiting for one buddy to come back from another shop) and just asked the shop keeper, out of curiosity, what the wait time for getting a Wii was... he walked behind the counter and said 'well, not so very long', and pulled out a Wii... needless to say I bought it on the spot with Wii Play and an extra nun-chuck.

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
After approx 2.5 months of Wii playing I have to say that little white thing rocks.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I know me and Raz ain't the only ones with Wii's, so why isn't anyone else posting theirs? :spock:

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
I have to control the flow of all the scary Miis I have 8) Damn plaza is already full and the parade is half way. But if you're willing to take Jesus, Teal'c, Admiral Ackbar etc. here's my code:
4343 0653 3969 9105