englannin kielinen thread

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Razoola, the memory card that I'm using with my AES has stopped working again. The unibios shows an exception error screen if I try to turn my AES on with the memory card inserted. The first time this problem occured was a while ago when Reiko came to play SSVS with me. We decided to try NAM-1975 as well, but when I switched the game cartridges the error screen appeared. This was the first time when I had removed the SSVS cart from my AES. The memory card was working before I switched the game carts, because I loaded a previously saved game from the card when we were still playing SSVS.

I'm not sure what might have caused the memory card to stop working. The AES is working well without the card. I'll PM you the information shown on the error screen later today.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The error message will be helpfull. From the sounds of it it could be that data on the menory card has become currupted.

Raz

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Raz, I tried the advice you gave me in your PM and the memory card is working again! :) Thanks a lot for your help!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
No problem. If the same thing happens again Please try and remember how it started. The situation happened because the region I store in the card got currupted.

Raz

Bucciarello

Guerilla Warrior
15 Year Member
So Razoola is from Finland? It seems that dreamy land saw the birth of another god

sorry for the ot and respect :cool:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Well I'm actually from the U.K. but moved to Finland some 8 years ago.

Raz

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
A1200

Aaah, now I can start messing around with my Amiga 1200 :)
Not so long ago, I asked my friend in England what happened to his A1200, he told me he had it in his attic, so then I bought it off him, and have got it back with me from my last trip to England.
It's fitted with a 127MB HDD, and a '68020@25 w/ 4MB Fast Ram' expansion card.
I intend to pimp it somewhat ;) I got an internal cd drive kit, and Kickstart 3.1 roms from eBay, and will install them... then i'll look to get a better accelerator card, and upgrade the hdd... hopefully I can try and get Amiga OS 3.9 running on this sucker!
Any other Amiga fans among us NeoFinns?

- Rob

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RockstarRunner said:

Never owned one, but I have nothing but fond memories of playing it at my friends'.

I'll propably buy one if I bump into it on a flea market. Two games I'm most looking forward to: Dogs of War and Oil Imperium.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I´m in the same boat as Finn on this one.

I never had one, but I have fond memories of playing one,an a500 that is, at my friends place. Great games like Cabal, Parasol Stars, Zool, Nuclear War, Leisure suit Larry, etc...

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
RockstarRunner said:
I wasn't very involved with the Commodore Amiga / Atari ST generation. One of my brother's friends used to have an Amiga 500, but somehow I never really wanted one for myself. I can still remember several of the Amiga's games though (for example Stunt Car Racer, Lemmings, Barbarian II, Dynamite Dux and Persian Gulf Inferno).

soundnvision

Kula's Candy
RockstarRunner said:

a500 is by far my most beloved gaming machine, computer, whatnot of all time.

i had hundreds of games (bought a lot with my wee savings), dozens of broken quickshot 2's & tac2's, and tons of blisters on my hands due to rabid sessions of SWOS. i even endured playing through monkey island 2 countless of times even though i had only one additional disk-drive (MI2 was on about 12 disks).

i loved everything about the amiga, so much in fact that it lasted with me from 87 to 97 in constant use. ppl had nes, snes and genesis, even fancy new pc games, yet i did not care. amiga was all i needed.

it had the best collection of music in gaming history, and some of the best games ever made... i heart amiga

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
My experiences with any Amiga are almost nill. Only time I played with one was Bubble Bobble at one of my not so close friends house in 1995 or so. My first computer was Commodore 64 that I got for free with a cassette drive and some games. Not that I'd use it as a computer, just play games... Then at some year my dad threw it away (!)since it was gathering dust (I had a 486 PC at the time). That was quite terrible. Lucky all the games and joystick and some stuff were spared, he just threw the actual C64 away >_>

Now I have a C128, an RGB monitor, and the disk and cassette drives, which I got for free again from relatives. They are also gathering dust and taking space now. There are no games worth playing really :(

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
I have lots of memories playing it at my friends apartment in the late 80's and beginning of the 90's. My favorite games were the New Zealand Story and North & South. Those were the days. ;)

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
I Just sold around 60 Amiga CIB games to a Finnish Amiga collector for a pretty nice price.
Man that was a heavy lot to ship! :eek:

I sold my CIB A1200 Magik Pak and CDTV too a while ago for an excellent price.
On the floor right now there are 3 A500 Amigas, one is with the memory add-on.
They are all going to Huuto.net with lots of other stuff when I've the time to put'em there.

I still have my AD&D collection (around 25 CIB games) and the Ultima (hmm.. maybe 10 games) collection. C64 and Amiga versions.
I've received offers but not even near enough.
I think I'm going to keep'em. :cool:

I used to own an Amiga 2000 when I was younger, bought it from Germany.
I had to sell it when I joined the army, needed the cash. :(

Last edited:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Does anybody know if there's an online service where you could send .mid music files from your PC to your mobile phone? I've been searching the web for a while now and I haven't found one yet. I got a new mobile phone (Nokia 6030) recently and I would like to use music from some of my favourite games as ringtones.

nem

n00b
There's a handful of game midis on Arcade Tones which you can download through the wap browser.

Other than that, I don't really know. You could get Opera Mini and try to download the midis off VGMusic. I don't know if this would work on your phone.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
nem said:
There's a handful of game midis on Arcade Tones which you can download through the wap browser.
A nice site with plenty of free video / computer game ringtones, but it didn't have the .mid files I was looking for.
Other than that, I don't really know. You could get Opera Mini and try to download the midis off VGMusic. I don't know if this would work on your phone.
I haven't used mobile internet on my phone yet, but I think it might work... I could upload .mid files from my PC to the web and then download them to my phone. Thanks for the information! :)

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
I made these wallpapers (128 x 128 pixels, .jpg format) with Paint Shop Pro for my mobile phone last week and I decided to share them with you. I hope some of you can use them :

Samurai Shodown II :
samsho2.jpg

Vulcan Venture (Gradius II) :
vulcan.jpg

System Shock 2 :
sshock2.jpg

An online service that can send pictures to your mobile (in Finnish) : http://coloraattori.mobileghost.fi/services/10251?link=http://www.nokiani.com&desc=Palaa+takaisin

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I got the Neo 330 Splash Screen on my phone :)
Maybe some time I could be bothered to put it on my website ;)

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
RockstarRunner said:
I got the Neo 330 Splash Screen on my phone :)
Maybe some time I could be bothered to put it on my website ;)

That would be nice... :cool: