englannin kielinen thread

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Good for you! :)

I just received from the UK a CIB N64 Pokemun Stadium Battle Set console.
Man, I love that thing! :buttrock:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
How many N64 games you have, Pete?

I got about 70 now. And I also bought an N64 demo kiosk. :tickled:

Kuva091.jpg
Kuva094.jpg

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Hey pretty cool J.K.! :buttrock:
You Rock Mate! :cool:

Next 2 weeks are my winter vacation.
Pretty much dedicated to gaming and skiing.
Have to organize some of the stuff during that time.

Tavaraa tulee taloon, ei kerkee laskee! :lol:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
It's good that the new Finnish forum has brought in a couple of new people, but damn, it really feels 'segragated' now... I miss the old thread :crying:

Anyways... I have SS:Tenka for PS2... it's weird.

*** MAX 330 MEGA POSTS *** hooray :D

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Razoola, I have an idea related to your recent news post about the universe bios. Would it be possible to produce a sticker that only you could give to the people who have purchased an authentic universe bios chip? The stickers would have the serial numbers of the bios chips printed/written on them and they could be mailed easily in the same envelopes as the chips themselves.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Akira_Tekagi said:
Razoola, I have an idea related to your recent news post about the universe bios. Would it be possible to produce a sticker that only you could give to the people who have purchased an authentic universe bios chip? The stickers would have the serial numbers of the bios chips printed/written on them and they could be mailed easily in the same envelopes as the chips themselves.

That would not solve anything because people would still sell the fakes. All I can do is not offer the latest version free. Then at least people who do fake it have to at least buy one chip which is something I soppose.

Raz

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
What i'd suggest would be to put a 'NOT FOR RESALE - Unless supplied with NeoGeo AES or MVS system' label on the splash screen :mr_t:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Razoola, I have a question about the Universe Bios. Would it be easy for you to change the colours of the bios menus (by changing variable values in the program code)? I've been wondering what would the menus look like if they were blue (my favourite colour ;)) instead of green...

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
With the memory card in the system do this....

Go to the ingame menu an hilight 'soft reset'. Now hold the joystick down and press B+D together.

Raz

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Razoola said:

Go to the ingame menu an hilight 'soft reset'. Now hold the joystick down and press B+D together.

Raz

:eek: ....:lol: .....:buttrock:

Razoola, maybe someday you have the time to B-I-O-S my JapMVS?
I know I'm gonna pay for a fair price for the thing and there's gonna be a plenty of Lagavulin for you to enjoy as a booster!
You ROCK mate! :cool:

Cheers!

-pete- alias viaton

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
viaton said:
:eek: ....:lol: .....:buttrock:

Razoola, maybe someday you have the time to B-I-O-S my JapMVS?
I know I'm gonna pay for a fair price for the thing and there's gonna be a plenty of Lagavulin for you to enjoy as a booster!
You ROCK mate! :cool:

Cheers!

-pete- alias viaton

hmmm, what type of MVS do you have? Normally its just a case of unplugging the old bios and slotting in the new.

Raz

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Razoola said:
hmmm, what type of MVS do you have? Normally its just a case of unplugging the old bios and slotting in the new.

Raz

I know.
I was just :multi_co: around.

Lagavulin is gone. ;)

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
That's how they should have released them for PS2/Xbox... Anyway, what will happen now with the Metal Slugs for GBA? Will they be canceled?

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Razoola said:

Nice! I thought you would have to reprogram the bios to change the menu colours. I'll have to try creating my own colour selection soon...

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Rob, I'm sorry your cap is still here at my place. I've had really few things to go to Helsinki for, and I don't know when I'd be going next.

If you want it faster, I guess you could always pay for the shipping. There isn't a meet in sight either.

On that subject... Would someone like to host? Viaton, would you like to show off your collection to us? You've also had the tightest schedules here, so maybe we should arrange the meet around you, and on your turf. ;)

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
finngamer said:
On that subject... Would someone like to host? Viaton, would you like to show off your collection to us? You've also had the tightest schedules here, so maybe we should arrange the meet around you, and on your turf. ;)

I'd gladly invite you guys over for a night of gaming but if schedules have been tight before, now the situation is even more difficult. :(

We've have a baby on the way, due in August. :)

Well, I guess you guys pretty much know how the ladies are when they're in that condition.... :help:

Sorry, I'm not able to host the meet.

Last edited:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I got a sweet deal on CPS2 cabinet, and I think I'm going to buy it.

However, I don't have the space for it at my place, but it'd be a shame to pass up on it. Therefore I'm going to store it, at least for some time, at my parents' place. Naturally my mom wouldn't be too keen on having a cab inside the house, so I'll have to put it in the garage.

But I'd like to know from you guys, if it'd be all right to keep it there for the duration of the winter? The garage is separate from the house, and un-heated, so it'd be only slightly warmer than the outside. But naturally unaffected from other weather effects.

So could the cold harm the cab? Or could there be some water condensation, or something?

Raz? Anybody?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I don't think it will cause any damage unless it also somehow gets damp.

Raz

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Razoola, what is the current status of the fatalities in the censored version of SSVS? Have you found the original, uncensored fatalities in those game cartridges or have they been completely removed? Do I still have to buy the uncensored version of the game to get the original fatalities?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Only the original censored AES SSVS can have full fatalities unlocked. If you get the newer fixed less censored version you cannot unlock the full amimation fatalities.

Raz

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Razoola said:
Only the original censored AES SSVS can have full fatalities unlocked. If you get the newer fixed less censored version you cannot unlock the full amimation fatalities.
I thought so... :oh_no: I loved the uncensored version of SSVS at the last meet, so I would definetly like to own one in the future.