New Geo Hyper 64 emulation

kancho

Banned
Sorry I need to ask for the illegal but I was wanting to know if the Neo Geo Hyper 64 has got roms and emulator for download because I can never get a arcade machine in my room too small and I live at home but it would be good to try out some of the games for that arcade.

subzero

n00b
MAME

I don't see it as truly being illegal since SNK is not exploiting these games for profit currently. If you buy an old Geo 64 unit from someone used SNK does'nt make a dime.

MAME is attempting to emulate this system but is still working with it. I have SS 64 and Buriki and MAME does'nt run them well. I have never seen or played a Neo 64 system and it would be cool.

If there is one that works then I am not aware of it.

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Subzero it is truly illegal, don't you guys get it? The thing is that they don't care enough to go for "home users", or don't have the fund to do it or something along those lines. That's a BIG difference from it being "not truly illegal".
While I'm at it I might as well bitch about pirates calling their copies for "back ups", that's just plain annoying. It's like they don't want to acknowledge what they do, instead of saying they play copies or something they want help playing their "backups", grow a spine will you.

And aye, I've downloaded teh romz, mp3s some movies etc, a pirate am I. I do among other things own a H64 with the fighters. :kekeke:

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
It's illegal until SNK goes under and does not pass their intellectual property on to another company or declares the system's games abandonware.

And on that note, it will probably never get emulated. MAME will not do fast OpenGL rendering, rather, they'd prefer to emulate the graphics chip. Although this is extremely slow it accomplishes their goal of preservation. In addition to this, no one will emulate a system with a total of 8 games.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Who cares? I have the 'real' versions...... Not so hard to find. Check the bay.

Good to know there are roms for repair purposes tho..

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I LOOOVVVEEE the fact that Hyper isn't emulated. Seriously, get a Supergun and the boards, they are pretty cheap and you'll feel awesome for having all the games. Buriki alone is worth a purchase.

Damnit, I wanna go home and play mine now...

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Felt Bad...

Pingu said:
And aye, I've downloaded teh romz, mp3s some movies etc, a pirate am I. I do among other things own a H64 with the fighters. :kekeke:

I felt bad for playing neo roms on mame so I bought a candycab and 21 mvs carts :)

I do wish that 64 could be emluated though. For those of us who have never seen it, its a nice way to check it out before dumping all that cash.

Emulation is a great thing if its used for experimental purposes or playing games that are impossible to find the real hardware for.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
I felt bad for playing neo roms on mame so I bought a candycab and 21 mvs carts :)

I do wish that 64 could be emluated though. For those of us who have never seen it, its a nice way to check it out before dumping all that cash.

Emulation is a great thing if its used for experimental purposes or playing games that are impossible to find the real hardware for.

I would agree......if I didn't have one with all 4 fighters. :chimp:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
I LOOOVVVEEE the fact that Hyper isn't emulated. Seriously, get a Supergun and the boards, they are pretty cheap and you'll feel awesome for having all the games. Buriki alone is worth a purchase.

Damnit, I wanna go home and play mine now...

I agree whole fartedly.

I love taking the piss out of rom whores.

It makes me feel :chimp: and :cool: .

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
797380.jpg

(c) zer0hue

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
would be nice to see it emulated, no way in hell am i buying a hng64 just for these games. deffentilly not my system, some games might be worth a few plays but i doubt anything will last on that thing. the games werent as promising as they should have been, yes very sucky. worst fact of all, it was great at 2d too, maybe even rivalling the cps3 or even better dont know, i have the specs in an old mgazine i gad. damn you snk for not making any 2d fighters on this system, thats why it was destined to fail you losers.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fuck emulation, buy the real shit.
The games look like it's worth it for the price, they aren't very expensive.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
I've never played Buriki or Warrior's Rage, but I still have an opinion

Then how do you know they suck?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
MUSOLINI said:
would be nice to see it emulated, no way in hell am i buying a hng64 just for these games. deffentilly not my system, some games might be worth a few plays but i doubt anything will last on that thing. the games werent as promising as they should have been, yes very sucky. worst fact of all, it was great at 2d too, maybe even rivalling the cps3 or even better dont know, i have the specs in an old mgazine i gad. damn you snk for not making any 2d fighters on this system, thats why it was destined to fail you losers.

You haven't played any of the games, but it was destined to fail because they were 3D?

Buriki One is easily one of SNK's best fighters, forgive me if I don't feel bad for you or anyone else who's dissapointed they can't play it on an emulator.

starman

Armored Scrum Object
The_Chosen_One said:
You haven't played any of the games, but it was destined to fail because they were 3D?

Buriki One is easily one of SNK's best fighters, forgive me if I don't feel bad for you or anyone else who's dissapointed they can't play it on an emulator.
Although I haven't playn any of the NG64 games, they do strike me as remarkably early 3d games, and most of those games remain highly unplayable. Hell, even 3d games released nowadays lack strong playbility and control in comparison to most 2d games released post 1992.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
starman said:
Although I haven't playn any of the NG64 games, they do strike me as remarkably early 3d games, and most of those games remain highly unplayable. Hell, even 3d games released nowadays lack strong playbility and control in comparison to most 2d games released post 1992.

They look incredible in motion. The animation is stellar in these. the SS64 games, especially Warriors Rage have extremely artful animation. Controls are extremely tight on all 4 fighters and production values are through the roof and polished as hell. Buriki's controls should be in the Arcade Bible of Innovation*.

New rule: you have to have played the Hyper games to present anymore opinions about them.

*Patent Pending

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
starman said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm typically a 2d whore to the end, but honestly the Hyper games are extremely underrated. Seriously fantastic games. And while they are 'early' 3d the control is much much better than you can imagine (Buriki in mind here) although much of the graphics have that obvious early 3d look, as PixelJunkie mentioned, they do look much better in motion.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
The fewer systems emulated, the better. Seriously. If you spend tons of money on a game, and don't like it, resell it back to someone for your money back. I am very glad I bought this system and all the fighters. No it isn't the cheapest thing around (shipping alone is expensive as hell), but these games are some of the better 3d fighters that I have played... as stated by pretty much everyone, buriki one ALONE is a good reason to buy the system.

MAME should die.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
to say mame should die is fucking ignorant

there are many priceless / prototype / dead pcbs emulated in mame, plus in 100yrs all the pcb's will be dead and mame will become a historic museum and the only way to play such classic titles you all elite spooge about all the damn time.

god .. duhhh

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
kernow said:
to say mame should die is fucking ignorant

there are many priceless / prototype / dead pcbs emulated in mame, plus in 100yrs all the pcb's will be dead and mame will become a historic museum and the only way to play such classic titles you all elite spooge about all the damn time.

god .. duhhh
Fine. I will edit my statement... people who play MAME without actually owning the titles that are still under ownership by someone should die.

btw: I have never owned mame, so don't go calling me a hypocrite just like that.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
stuffmonger said:
Fine. I will edit my statement... people who play MAME without actually owning the titles that are still under ownership by someone should die.

btw: I have never owned mame, so don't go calling me a hypocrite just like that.

It has its place...but its power is commonly abused. Its great for games that are long dead or impossible to find in working condition though.