Thread: Homebrew Forum

Homebrew Forum

I dunno about anyone else but i'm keen to know of any new Brews that are getting released soon, have already been made or need test playin, etc etc.
    Homebrew releases, news, etc are usually posted all over the shop and i think its about time it got its own official forum (maybe in the 'system' section under the link to the hyper-64 forum?)

any ideas?
    SNZero

Bashful Neophyte

Thumbs up

Most definitely yes.

The NeoGeo is, compared to most other systems fo the 16 bit era, a beast of power, and it's very easy to program for it with the devkit.

It's a shame the community isn't even half as active as I would like (i know just of Neobitz). I did some demos, and i think there is so much potential untapped, that the scene could definitely befefit of some creativity. I, too, enjoy the idea of having an official place to discuss game programming in the biggest neo-geo related community on the web today.

In case anyone cares, the last thing i was doing on the Neo the other day was porting Dragon Quest (the first). It's an okay game, and the Neo is short of rpgs imho. The devkit does not have still info about the memory card readwriting routines, but since i mainly target emulators, and not having a real console to test, savestates can substitute for that.

A forum would be very welcome, that's for sure!
    ha ha congration!

Moose

dragon quest on Neo Geo? Would be hella sweet. Never played it before, but id have reason to now!
    Great Transactions so Far....
    Bluevoodu x2 , vwlunatic x3 , neo1087 , D-Lite x2 , Xavier x2 , japangamesnow.com , Big Bear , norton9478 x3 , Orpheus, dojosky , bokmeow , novacat , supergoose79 , 2point0 , Jedah Doma , t_smallz , abc_kid , qube , RingoC , scooby105 , Kjcos_999 , racecar , Kpj , Blue Mary Mania 8 , NeoGeo2k2 , ranmafan1212 , One-Up , INfintido , bdlou , dakingodzamunda , Shawn Carr2o , BeaglePuss , NeoSneth , Bibliophile , gleason , Kpj , OmegaSaber ,

the neogeo-community is not interessted in hombrew stuff except it comes as limited "aes"-release and costs +500 dollar!

blastar...

Former Moderator

I don't think its a bad idea, but right now there really isn't enough activity to legitimize it's own forum.

Actually, now that no "official" (or mabe the better term would be "traditional") companies are making games for the Neo anymore, the News & Rumors section seems appropriate as the place for posting this kind of information.

[incidently, we do have a clearly marked suggestions forum at the bottom of the main forum page ]

Analinguist of the Year galfordo's Avatar

icon15.gif

There's been one homebrew, and the thread made for it is sufficient.

A homebrew forum would make the old NGPC forum look like fucking Mardi Gras (pre-Katrina, that is).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    Galfordo really is the best member of this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTheranthrope View Post
    I want to disagree... but:
    1. Not everyone can be Galfordo (me, for instance.), but maybe... Galfordo is the hero our nation deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    I would vote for galfordo over any candidate.
    We be chillin'

Tech Support Moderator

There are forums at www.neobitz.com for Neo homebrew games.

Jeff

Lazy SNK Employee

how much was the price again

I really dunno why their arnt more people making Neo games. If they sold them on CD or for download they might even shift a few. That 'blaster' game was quite cool i thought.
    When the stuff for making Neo games was released i was so exited that we might be seeing a shedload of games (both converted from other consoles and new origional ones).
    Just never caught on i guess.
    SNZero

Thread Information