Official Neo Geo High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think the Wiki page should mention that games should be played on the MVS difficulty. That's what we agreed to early on in this thread.
So where do the MVS players stand in all of this, cause some games by default are set to level 3, yet 3 is normal in the console and 4 is MVS, so that's that mean...aw shucks! Nevermind! I'm just doing everything on default in US mode in my MVS. Jesus!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Go for it dude, claim that title. There is a crap load open, if you dont see the game it's obviously open as well, I just have to add it in.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Go for it dude, claim that title. There is a crap load open, if you dont see the game it's obviously open as well, I just have to add it in.

Heres a weak Bust A Move high score... :emb:

DSCN0353.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I ace MOTW with Tizoc about a gazillion times, I get all kinds of SS, SSS, and AAA and still I cannot get near the high score, however it is my thinking that perhaps Tizoc is not the man to play with as his combos are not as numerous as other characters...but who cares! I am pretty much the man with Tizoc! There should be a Tizoc category in MOTW :emb:

IS like some shmups, some ships are not meant to rank up points as much as other ships right?

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Puzzle De Pon - 4,654,001

Haven't had this game long, but this seems like a good score. Might have an update soon.

[Edit] This seems to be one of the few games where the score does not reset if you continue, My score is off a single credit so maybe we should clarify that on the wiki if it's not already there. It was discussed and implied when this thread was first created. :mr_t:

puzzledepon.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...and here I thought the one at the end meant the amount of credits used along the way. Gosh, I'm not sure now, 'cause I find continuing quite lame anyway.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
talks2wall - I hate to do this to you man :p

Puzzle De Pon - MVS default settings - 14327024
1cc - all 39 levels with all nine 1000000 point bonuses.
I have a sloppy 1cc video I did a month or so ago that I'll upload when I have time.

pdp.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh shit! Talks got murdered x 3!

...just here to instigate...bye!

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
talks2wall - I hate to do this to you man :p

Puzzle De Pon - MVS default settings - 14327024
1cc - all 39 levels with all nine 1000000 point bonuses.
I have a sloppy 1cc video I did a month or so ago that I'll upload when I have time.

pdp.jpg

You jackass, I knew I couldn't trust you. :mad:

I just blazed through the game to get that initial score and I quickly realized later how to properly play it for score. I've gotten the bonuses a few times but what sure why. Care to enlighten me?

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Levels 4, 11, 13, 18, 19, 24, 28, 29, and 37 all have a pre-made spot where one ball can go. It's made up of unbreakable balls or the piece, or a combination of both. Just look for them at the start of those levels, they are usually easy to spot once you know what you are looking for. Each one is worth 1 million points. You can probably beat my score if you get them all :) Anything higher than that involves milking the end of the level with 4 and 5 ball combos. You can do 16-17 million with that technique. Depending on you much extra time you have.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
this video is 14m pts?

I think it's the bottom score, the 13 million. It's pretty sloppy with lots of mistakes. I would really like to try recording again and get a better run.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Aero Fighters 2 - 728,200

I use my real initials MJA (lame, I know). Signed once as BLE for BLEAGH on a pathetic run.

aero201.jpg

I used to consistently score over 780k. I need to get back into it. I have been trying to work to a 1cc on and off for a year or 2 now. It will come, I am confident that with some more practice it will come.

Your turn Lochlan.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ghost Pilots

In all honesty this is my first time playing this game with any sort of dedication as I use to overlook it quite a bit, but I saw that it was missing from the list so I figure wtf, why not?
I didn't set anything on the settings menu, and it was on a 2 slot. I hope that works.
DSC01716.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh Geez! Sorry man, I completely forgot! Yes it is Ghost Pilots, I edited the post, thanks XX! and damn you got one good eye there mister!;)

shlomi

n00b
unproveable score in CVS1: 207,500 pts, finishing the game (Terry Bogard+Balrog, Capcom groove, arcade machine)

i just can't prove it, because i didn't have a camera or something to photo the record:crying: