Official Neo Geo High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

Gemant

Member,
BBH said:
(not in 2nd Squad though, I still don't know how scores in excess of 20 million are achieved. It must be some weird bug/trick that I'm missing)

I don't know the way for 30 million in ST2 but I'm sure... is a secret in stage 4 or 5, not in stage 1-2-3

J

jpj

i'm playing the mvs cart through a phantom convertor, therefore i can't change blood settings, etc; and i always have the blood *on*. i'm not saying you're wrong.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
MSX & SS2 scores

Metal Slug X - 2,360,990
MSX_2360990.jpg

Samurai Shodown 2 - 175,310
SS2_175310.jpg

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
crappymsx-mnk.jpg

Metal Slug X mvs difficulty

Crap, lost almost all my rescued hostages on both stage 3 & 4.. but it'll get the competition going at least :).

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
MNK said:
Metal Slug X mvs difficulty

Crap, lost almost all my rescued hostages on both stage 3 & 4.. but it'll get the competition going at least :).
Awww yeah, now it's on! Nice score MNK. Let's see if I can top it. :D

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
okay, got a couple pictures finally.

lastresort.jpg

sorry MNK :(

spinmaster.jpg

kinda bad Spinmaster score, but at least I finished it on one credit? Yeah...

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Got just past the 6th character on SS2 with a 100k+ score, Seretha-Jayne turns the cab off at the plug because I wouldn't let her join in!!!

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Im jealous....you have indeed too much time on your hands andy!! :kekeke:
Btw....good score.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
NEO GOLD said:
Im jealous....you have indeed too much time on your hands andy!! :kekeke:
Btw....good score.

And believe it or not, those are poor AoF2 scores.

Anyway, a new pitiful MD3 Magical Journey score.
magicaljourney.jpg

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
Neo Drift Out 7:03:62 - Not bad, but 2-3 seconds off a good time.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Let's see if anyone can out-golf me! Here's my current top score on Neo Turf Masters for the Japan course on normal difficulty. I ended up with a -4 for the entire 18 holes. I'm really bummed out though, as I badly biffed the last two holes to knock my score down to -4. Oh well.

NeoScore-NTM-Japan.jpg

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
damn my ss2 scores are ussually around the 170 and 180k, which level you playing talks2wall. im hooking up my cdz tomorow or so again and will post some highscores as well.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
MUSOLINI said:
damn my ss2 scores are ussually around the 170 and 180k, which level you playing talks2wall. im hooking up my cdz tomorow or so again and will post some highscores as well.
To be consistent with everyone else, I've been playing at Level-4. I was a little unsure though since my AES cart actually lists Level-5 as the MVS difficulty level and I even PM'd BBH about this. It's the only game I'm aware of that lists MVS at anything other than Level-4 so maybe SNK made a mistake or it's the exception to the rule. Anyone have any thoughts or feelings about this? I have no problem playing at Level-5 and re-submitting my scores.

BTW, I was playing more SS2 last night and found a new way for higher scores. I got up to 166K by the 9th opponent (out of 12) but screwed up and lost against Wan-Fu. :annoyed:

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
damn, well son wont you tell us how,.....? o yeah i forgot you can also get higher scores by fighting the ref 3 times before finishing mizuki, but thats damn near impossible. anyhowz how you be doing your shit tell pleazzzz.....

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
Zenimus said:
Let's see if anyone can out-golf me! Here's my current top score on Neo Turf Masters for the Japan course on normal difficulty. I ended up with a -4 for the entire 18 holes. I'm really bummed out though, as I badly biffed the last two holes to knock my score down to -4. Oh well.

NeoScore-NTM-Japan.jpg

Wish I had my old screen pic. I got -19 on the Australia course once, with my average being -16 or so.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
MUSOLINI said:
damn, well son wont you tell us how,.....? o yeah i forgot you can also get higher scores by fighting the ref 3 times before finishing mizuki, but thats damn near impossible. anyhowz how you be doing your shit tell pleazzzz.....
Yeah, you can squeeze out some more points if you fight (and defeat) Kuroko, but I never intentionally try to fight him. As for tips, I can't give away them all ;) but try to avoid inflicting tick damage when fighting the computer. It doesn't seem to give you any points for it. Some folks like Kyoshiro, Cham Cham and Sieger have good ways to inflict tick damage, but you get no points for it.

Special moves seem to give more points then regular slashes/kicks. If you deafeat the computer and slice them in half while they're in the air you get a couple extra thousand points. Plus, I try to drag out each fight to three rounds to get the most points. If I see my health is pretty low, I'll go ahead and forfeit that round and just make sure to win the other(s). How much health you have seems to affect your score, but not as much as it did in SS1 (or so it seems).