Official Neo Geo High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Samurai Shodown 1

I can do much better, but I might as well get on the board at least with the 515740 score (MVS level, no continues). The 536720 is mine too, but I didn't enter my initials. :( So BBH, did we make a firm rule about the difficulty and number of continues?
SS1_515740.gif

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
I've got some scores for Last Resort & Metal Slug

MNK-LRMS.jpg

Both played with MVS/LEVEL4 difficulty on real Neogeo hardware.
Also, my Blazing Star highscore can be found here (..sorry jpj).

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
talks2wall said:
I can do much better, but I might as well get on the board at least with the 515740 score (MVS level, no continues). The 536720 is mine too, but I didn't enter my initials. :( So BBH, did we make a firm rule about the difficulty and number of continues?

I'll let that score slide this time. ;) I don't think the rule has been firmly established yet, but I still think it's in the best interest of everyone that we all play on Level-4 with no continues, just so everyone's on the same page.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
I managed to increase my SS1 score by 100,000 (up to 636,320). The two flawless wins against Amakusa sure helped out. I also have a Samurai Shodown 2 picture (158,600) but it never lets me enter my initials. Anyone know if SS2 only lets you enter initials if you have the top score? I must have goofed around with some cheats and got the high score up to 570K. Any way to clear out that kind of score on my consolized 2-slot? Zupapa should be arriving shortly so I can see just how insane TonK's high score is... :smirk:

SS1_636320.gif

SS2_158600.gif

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
talks2wall said:
I managed to increase my SS1 score by 100,000 (up to 636,320). The two flawless wins against Amakusa sure helped out. I also have a Samurai Shodown 2 picture (158,600) but it never lets me enter my initials. Anyone know if SS2 only lets you enter initials if you have the top score? I must have goofed around with some cheats and got the high score up to 570K. Any way to clear out that kind of score on my consolized 2-slot? Zupapa should be arriving shortly so I can see just how insane TonK's high score is... :smirk:

Yeah, Samurai Shodown 2 only saves one high score and one longest streak. And whoever has the longest streak often has the highest score too... great thinking SNK! And why did they use the same ranking system in part 3 too? :oh_no:

You can "backup data clear" in test mode but that'll delete ALL your scores. The only other way to do it would be to push your Samurai Shodown 2 data off the eight most recently-played games, but if you don't have 9 MVS cartridges, you might be screwed...

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
BBH said:
Yeah, Samurai Shodown 2 only saves one high score and one longest streak. And whoever has the longest streak often has the highest score too... great thinking SNK! And why did they use the same ranking system in part 3 too? :oh_no:

You can "backup data clear" in test mode but that'll delete ALL your scores. The only other way to do it would be to push your Samurai Shodown 2 data off the eight most recently-played games, but if you don't have 9 MVS cartridges, you might be screwed...
Thanks BBH, I remembered the "data clear" option earlier today. I squeeked out a slightly higher SS2 score (159,250). Got Zupapa today and my first attempt was a measly 62K. :(
SS2_159250.jpg

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Bumped up my SS2 score to 164,400 (Level-4). Messed up my initials a bit though :emb:
SS2_164400.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm going to post some scores for some of the other Metal Slugs soon. Granted they wont be amazing scores, but i hope it will get some other people playing (or at least posting their scores). 'Duf has work to do.

J

jpj

it's great to see some more scores up! now, it's time to work on that blazing star score... (damn you MNK :( )

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
jpj sent me a few more scores. (I would of course like to point out that I've gotten 14 million+ on 2nd Squad, but sadly with no pic...)

Shock Troopers 2nd Squad - 1,628,420
Metal Slug 2 -1,564,630

he also sent me a Shock Troopers 1 pic, which of course gives me no choice but to post this score.

shocktroopers-hi.jpg

yeah... it's pretty poor considering my best is 37.7 mil, but it'll do for now. ;)

amazingly, I found a bowling alley around here with a 6-slot that has Last Resort in it, so I'll try to get a high score on that soon.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
BBH said:
jpj sent me a few more scores. (I would of course like to point out that I've gotten 14 million+ on 2nd Squad, but sadly with no pic...)

Shock Troopers 2nd Squad - 1,628,420
Metal Slug 2 -1,564,630

he also sent me a Shock Troopers 1 pic, which of course gives me no choice but to post this score.

shocktroopers-hi.jpg

yeah... it's pretty poor considering my best is 37.7 mil, but it'll do for now. ;)

amazingly, I found a bowling alley around here with a 6-slot that has Last Resort in it, so I'll try to get a high score on that soon.

Have you ever owned a Neo?

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
MSX - Should be higher but I keep screwing up on Stage 3

Metal Slug X - 1,947,130
I assume we'll keep separate high scores for MS2 and MSX.
MSX_1947130.jpg

H

hermegildo

I'll try to post some Metal Slug 3 goodness.

I usually lose my first life on the second stage, but it's a start.

EDIT: I've somehow gotten better actually. Did a quick an dirty run and got to the Mission 3 boss pretty easily, but I had stupidly wasted two lifes one after the other in the underwater section by then so I didn't get very far after that. Score was 1.4 million-ish, but I'm pretty sure I can top that without much trouble. Will try to get ahold of a digital camera por teh pics. :drool:

Last edited:

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
MSX & MS2 scores

First, upping my Metal Slug X score to 2,235,460
MSX_2235460.jpg

Second, I broke out my CDZ for Metal Slug 2 score of 2,318,980
MS2_2318980.jpg

Guess I need to go after the MS1 score next. :cool:

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
BBH said:

Oh well, there goes my number one spot then.. I don't have the cart anymore so I can't compete with you :annoyed: .

And those Shock Troopers scores are SICK! I love the game (still have it but no mvs-system to play it on) but never managed to clear it on 1 credit. I think my highscores where around 14-15 millions.

I'll be back with a Metal Slug X score soon, so watch out talks2wall ;).

J

jpj

i'm gonna practice those ms scores. there's some definite room for improvement

:)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I had nearly 5 million in MSX, just before I stopped playing.
I'm gonna give it a go and see how rusty I am. I remember it's actually
possible to get 1 million in first stage alone though.

Last edited:
J

jpj

:) i actually saw you are one of the best shock troopers players in the world (not sure how i feel about mame-replays with no blood, though. not strictly default settings. but a mind-blowing score)

nice to see some more scores up. i'm gonna have a crack at those ms scores later in the week. and while this is our friendly high score board, if anyone is interested in checking world record scores on neo geo games, check out gemant's website here:

http://www.aiva.emuita.it/gamest.php

navigate with the tab on the left, all neo scores are in light green.

(although these are a bit disheartening...................)

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
jpj said:
:) i actually saw you are one of the best shock troopers players in the world (not sure how i feel about mame-replays with no blood, though. not strictly default settings. but a mind-blowing score)

no blood IS the default setting. I'm 100% sure that the old Gamest record was achieved with no blood. It's practically impossible to break 30 million with blood on.

And until proven otherwise, I do have the highest score in the world on Shock Troopers, so I guess that makes me the best. (not in 2nd Squad though, I still don't know how scores in excess of 20 million are achieved. It must be some weird bug/trick that I'm missing)