Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 928

Thread: Official Neo Geo High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

  1. #51
    King's Dry Cleaner
    MNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    up north

    Posts
    387
    I've got some scores for Last Resort & Metal Slug



    Both played with MVS/LEVEL4 difficulty on real Neogeo hardware.
    Also, my Blazing Star highscore can be found here (..sorry jpj).

  2. #52
    1cc my ASS!

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    BSG Headquarters

    Posts
    4,394
    Quote Originally Posted by talks2wall
    I can do much better, but I might as well get on the board at least with the 515740 score (MVS level, no continues). The 536720 is mine too, but I didn't enter my initials. So BBH, did we make a firm rule about the difficulty and number of continues?
    I'll let that score slide this time. I don't think the rule has been firmly established yet, but I still think it's in the best interest of everyone that we all play on Level-4 with no continues, just so everyone's on the same page.

    BBH's Waste of Bandwidth
    - now with The Super Spy!

  3. #53
    . kernow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    31,242
    i need a digicam bah

  4. #54
    Super Spy Agent
    talks2wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Posts
    755

    icon22.gif

    I managed to increase my SS1 score by 100,000 (up to 636,320). The two flawless wins against Amakusa sure helped out. I also have a Samurai Shodown 2 picture (158,600) but it never lets me enter my initials. Anyone know if SS2 only lets you enter initials if you have the top score? I must have goofed around with some cheats and got the high score up to 570K. Any way to clear out that kind of score on my consolized 2-slot? Zupapa should be arriving shortly so I can see just how insane TonK's high score is...



  5. #55
    1cc my ASS!

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    BSG Headquarters

    Posts
    4,394
    Quote Originally Posted by talks2wall
    I managed to increase my SS1 score by 100,000 (up to 636,320). The two flawless wins against Amakusa sure helped out. I also have a Samurai Shodown 2 picture (158,600) but it never lets me enter my initials. Anyone know if SS2 only lets you enter initials if you have the top score? I must have goofed around with some cheats and got the high score up to 570K. Any way to clear out that kind of score on my consolized 2-slot? Zupapa should be arriving shortly so I can see just how insane TonK's high score is...
    Yeah, Samurai Shodown 2 only saves one high score and one longest streak. And whoever has the longest streak often has the highest score too... great thinking SNK! And why did they use the same ranking system in part 3 too?

    You can "backup data clear" in test mode but that'll delete ALL your scores. The only other way to do it would be to push your Samurai Shodown 2 data off the eight most recently-played games, but if you don't have 9 MVS cartridges, you might be screwed...

    BBH's Waste of Bandwidth
    - now with The Super Spy!

  6. #56
    Super Spy Agent
    talks2wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by BBH
    Yeah, Samurai Shodown 2 only saves one high score and one longest streak. And whoever has the longest streak often has the highest score too... great thinking SNK! And why did they use the same ranking system in part 3 too?

    You can "backup data clear" in test mode but that'll delete ALL your scores. The only other way to do it would be to push your Samurai Shodown 2 data off the eight most recently-played games, but if you don't have 9 MVS cartridges, you might be screwed...
    Thanks BBH, I remembered the "data clear" option earlier today. I squeeked out a slightly higher SS2 score (159,250). Got Zupapa today and my first attempt was a measly 62K.

  7. #57
    Andy's Clothes Designer
    Superfamifreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Riho Futaba's gusset

    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by talks2wall
    Right, give me a few days and I'll see if I can beat it!
    The greatest of all time: Fernado Carlos Redondo

    My Play-Asia referral link.
    Great people I've dealt with that haven't left me feedback:
    SaturnFan, Proffesser, Rugal2000, SuperPang, elbarto, TheIrishMan, Duddyroar, japangamesnow, Dreamstationx, Dogtoy, Rising Tackle, D-Lite

  8. #58
    Super Spy Agent
    talks2wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Posts
    755
    Bumped up my SS2 score to 164,400 (Level-4). Messed up my initials a bit though

  9. #59
    If I change my Custom
    Rank. I lose The 15YR Tag.
    MUTHA FOOKA'!
    Lagduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    New Caprica

    Posts
    36,453
    I'm going to post some scores for some of the other Metal Slugs soon. Granted they wont be amazing scores, but i hope it will get some other people playing (or at least posting their scores). 'Duf has work to do.
    There is too much confusion.

  10. #60
    jpj
    Guest
    it's great to see some more scores up! now, it's time to work on that blazing star score... (damn you MNK )

  11. #61
    1cc my ASS!

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    BSG Headquarters

    Posts
    4,394
    jpj sent me a few more scores. (I would of course like to point out that I've gotten 14 million+ on 2nd Squad, but sadly with no pic...)

    Shock Troopers 2nd Squad - 1,628,420
    Metal Slug 2 -1,564,630

    he also sent me a Shock Troopers 1 pic, which of course gives me no choice but to post this score.



    yeah... it's pretty poor considering my best is 37.7 mil, but it'll do for now.

    amazingly, I found a bowling alley around here with a 6-slot that has Last Resort in it, so I'll try to get a high score on that soon.

    BBH's Waste of Bandwidth
    - now with The Super Spy!

  12. #62
    Legendary Member
    TonK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Slums of Shaolin

    Posts
    12,467
    Quote Originally Posted by BBH
    jpj sent me a few more scores. (I would of course like to point out that I've gotten 14 million+ on 2nd Squad, but sadly with no pic...)

    Shock Troopers 2nd Squad - 1,628,420
    Metal Slug 2 -1,564,630

    he also sent me a Shock Troopers 1 pic, which of course gives me no choice but to post this score.



    yeah... it's pretty poor considering my best is 37.7 mil, but it'll do for now.

    amazingly, I found a bowling alley around here with a 6-slot that has Last Resort in it, so I'll try to get a high score on that soon.
    Have you ever owned a Neo?

  13. #63
    Super Spy Agent
    talks2wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Posts
    755

    MSX - Should be higher but I keep screwing up on Stage 3

    Metal Slug X - 1,947,130
    I assume we'll keep separate high scores for MS2 and MSX.

  14. #64
    1cc my ASS!

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    BSG Headquarters

    Posts
    4,394
    Quote Originally Posted by TonK
    Have you ever owned a Neo?
    Second sentence, yo.

    Shame on you.

    edit: or do I have to post proof of THAT now too?
    Last edited by BBH; 01-09-2006 at 01:55 AM.

    BBH's Waste of Bandwidth
    - now with The Super Spy!

  15. #65
    jpj
    Guest
    29 million!? i see it, but i don't believe it...


  16. #66
    hermegildo
    Guest
    I'll try to post some Metal Slug 3 goodness.

    I usually lose my first life on the second stage, but it's a start.

    EDIT: I've somehow gotten better actually. Did a quick an dirty run and got to the Mission 3 boss pretty easily, but I had stupidly wasted two lifes one after the other in the underwater section by then so I didn't get very far after that. Score was 1.4 million-ish, but I'm pretty sure I can top that without much trouble. Will try to get ahold of a digital camera por teh pics.
    Last edited by hermegildo; 01-09-2006 at 02:35 PM.

  17. #67
    Super Spy Agent
    talks2wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Posts
    755

    icon22.gif MSX & MS2 scores

    First, upping my Metal Slug X score to 2,235,460


    Second, I broke out my CDZ for Metal Slug 2 score of 2,318,980


    Guess I need to go after the MS1 score next.

  18. #68
    King's Dry Cleaner
    MNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    up north

    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by BBH
    amazingly, I found a bowling alley around here with a 6-slot that has Last Resort in it, so I'll try to get a high score on that soon.
    Oh well, there goes my number one spot then.. I don't have the cart anymore so I can't compete with you .

    And those Shock Troopers scores are SICK! I love the game (still have it but no mvs-system to play it on) but never managed to clear it on 1 credit. I think my highscores where around 14-15 millions.

    I'll be back with a Metal Slug X score soon, so watch out talks2wall .

  19. #69
    jpj
    Guest
    i'm gonna practice those ms scores. there's some definite room for improvement


  20. #70

    Lightbulb

    I had nearly 5 million in MSX, just before I stopped playing.
    I'm gonna give it a go and see how rusty I am. I remember it's actually
    possible to get 1 million in first stage alone though.
    Last edited by xtoo_short20x; 01-11-2006 at 01:13 AM.


    Biggest fan of Seņor Spelbergo

  21. #71
    Super Spy Agent
    talks2wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Posts
    755

    icon22.gif

    Latest Metal Slug 2 score of 2,862,710.

  22. #72
    1cc my ASS!

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    BSG Headquarters

    Posts
    4,394
    Quote Originally Posted by jpj
    29 million!? i see it, but i don't believe it...

    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15818

    BBH's Waste of Bandwidth
    - now with The Super Spy!

  23. #73
    jpj
    Guest
    i actually saw you are one of the best shock troopers players in the world (not sure how i feel about mame-replays with no blood, though. not strictly default settings. but a mind-blowing score)

    nice to see some more scores up. i'm gonna have a crack at those ms scores later in the week. and while this is our friendly high score board, if anyone is interested in checking world record scores on neo geo games, check out gemant's website here:

    http://www.aiva.emuita.it/gamest.php

    navigate with the tab on the left, all neo scores are in light green.

    (although these are a bit disheartening...................)

  24. #74
    1cc my ASS!

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    BSG Headquarters

    Posts
    4,394
    Quote Originally Posted by jpj
    i actually saw you are one of the best shock troopers players in the world (not sure how i feel about mame-replays with no blood, though. not strictly default settings. but a mind-blowing score)
    no blood IS the default setting. I'm 100% sure that the old Gamest record was achieved with no blood. It's practically impossible to break 30 million with blood on.

    And until proven otherwise, I do have the highest score in the world on Shock Troopers, so I guess that makes me the best. (not in 2nd Squad though, I still don't know how scores in excess of 20 million are achieved. It must be some weird bug/trick that I'm missing)

    BBH's Waste of Bandwidth
    - now with The Super Spy!

  25. #75
    Member
    Gemant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Triest - Italy
    Posts
    3,042
    Quote Originally Posted by BBH
    (not in 2nd Squad though, I still don't know how scores in excess of 20 million are achieved. It must be some weird bug/trick that I'm missing)
    I don't know the way for 30 million in ST2 but I'm sure... is a secret in stage 4 or 5, not in stage 1-2-3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •