Official Neo Geo High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I think the score in the upper right would be best as you can see it's possible to have the same amount of points, but your score could still be higher or lower within a point 'bracket' so to speak.

My question would be in regards to the high scores for Strikers 1945. Default on one credit is two planes, however this can be boosted all the way up to 9 in the service settings. Any way to verify that only 2 planes were used or are we going on the honesty policy?

My question would be in regards to the high scores for Strikers 1945. Default on one credit is two planes, however this can be boosted all the way up to 9 in the service settings. Any way to verify that only 2 planes were used or are we going on the honesty policy?

or, forgot to add, require a video to verify?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Pretty much honor system. If you want to provide a video or INP file, even better.

I think the score in the upper right would be best as you can see it's possible to have the same amount of points, but your score could still be higher or lower within a point 'bracket' so to speak.

While I agree with you this could potentially get confusing since the game doesn't agree with us. High scores are listed by their overall "style points". If you make a high score that isn't good enough by their metrics then you might not make it onto the high score list on the machine. That means the only shot you would have at recording the details of the actual high score would be to snap a picture at the screen where you enter your initials. That's what I did...

Edit: LOL...I checked Twin Galaxies and I out "point" their Mame record, but don't outscore the guy.

I usually just stick to vs but, now that I've given it a shot, I really like solo play, too.

smallmpescore.jpg

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Can I please get some scores for the following games, don't have to be great but better than the default high scores:

Agg of Dark Kombat
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 3
Baseball Stars Pro
Baseball Stars 2
Breakers
Captain Tomaday
Crossed Swords
Diggerman
Double Dragon
Fatal Fury Special
Fight Fever
Flip Shot
Football Frenzy
Galaxy Fight
Goal Goal Goal
Irritating Maze
KOF 94
KOF 95
KOM
KOM2
Kizuna Encounter
Legend of Success Joe
Metal Slug 5
Money Puzzle Exchanger - Puzzle Mode
Neo Geo Cup 98
Ninja Masters
Pleasure Goal
Power Spikes 2
Puzzle De Pon R
Real Bout FF Special
Riding Hero
Sam Sho 4
Sam Sho 5
Sengoku
Super Sidekicks
Super Sidekicks 3
SVC Chaos
Tecmo World Soccer 96
Top Hunter
Top Players Golf

Last Resort highscore - can you beat it?

I really outdid myself with this one.

Last Resort CD

Level : MVS

1cced

Loops at 5th stage 1st checkpoint (ship part): x4

picture.php

pre-fight shot, can´t pause after the boss is dead.

picture.php

:multi_co:

can´t get much better than that, no idea how the WR is in the 800k range.

Here's my high score for Magical Drop 3's Challenge mode
be79ec41.jpg

Can I also get the score from the previous page for Money Idol Exchanger vs. mode added to the list as well?

Alpha Mission 2 - not a great score but...

want to inspire some competition for this one:

Alpha Mission 2 CD

Level: MVS

picture.php

Incredible solid game, once you get the hang out of it.

It´s just hard to start, steep learning curve and poor literature around.

Gemant

Member,
can´t get much better than that, no idea how the WR is in the 800k range.

2-5 Stage, Last Boss.

Leeching for all time possibile, then, at the last second Double K.O. with Last Boss = Total 50.000 pts for life. Repeat x 4 = 200.000.

Loop 1 perfect play, no miss 317.000+

2-5 Stage, Last Boss.

Leeching for all time possibile, then, at the last second Double K.O. with Last Boss = Total 50.000 pts for life. Repeat x 4 = 200.000.

Loop 1 perfect play, no miss 317.000+

2nd loop 5th stage

what do you mean by "last second double K.O"?

You can´t suicide after the boss is dead the ship gets invincible.

First part of the 5th stage (ship checkpoint) is about 30k

Second checkpoint (asteroid until the boss) is about 10k

Killing the last boss at second loop 8k, (taken from the screenshots above) + 10k of stage finish bonus

I usually get around 260k on the first loop, again no idea where I´m missing 50k points.

Care to explain a little more?

Gemant

Member,
During Last Boss there is a invisible timer to finish the game. During this time you must destroy all little enemies up and down in the screen (leeching), and attack the Boss (count up all shots against the last Boss).

You must know the exact number of shots to destroy the Boss.

You must Know the exact time that you have before the auto-distruction of the Boss.

When the Boss have 1 damage/shot remaining, and time count is near to finish, you must shot to destroy the Boss and at the same time you must explode. This is Double K.O. system.

If you are perfect, 50k total for each life.

Is difficult? Yeah, but is the only way to obtain a very high score.

Last edited:
Is difficult? Yeah, but is the only way to obtain a very high score.

:eek:

I wont be doing any of that unless someone pulls my score down.

I was able to figure out what it has to be done to get to the WR record in samsho2: 4 round fights / kuroko summoning / strike heads... it was bugging me that I couldn´t understand what I was doing wrong in Last Resort.