1944 "The loop master" & 19XX....?

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Well i guess i'm no stranger to the series...but i have have to say i have never played these two?...
I love 1943 kai & the Super grafx vers 1941 'counter attack'....
Of course with Raizing being involved i cannot imagine them to be anything less than amazing...
Is it worth me venturing into the world that is CPS2 ?...as i know of no home versions of these classics.....BIG, BBH anyone?...who owns these gems.
Thanks..

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I've played it on emulators... it's not as great as you probably think it is. I mean, it has some potential, but it's just so.... blah. It just doesn't match the fun and difficulty balance of 19XX. It's just not a very memorable or replayable game. Just IMO though.

It's not a terrible game, mind you. And it doesn't feel like there's much Raizing influence at all. (which is a good thing, I despise Battle Garegga). It's pretty damn long too...

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I happen to own and like both of them but as BBH says 19XX is a bit better than 1944. 19XX plays in vertical mode like the rest of the series, while 1944 plays horizontally. To me 1944 fits in with Mars Matrix and Gigawing to make a kind of trilogy, the CPS2 games seem to run in groups of three, there are excetptions though. Not to say 1944 is a bad game it's just way different from anything else in the series, and yes there is a lot of content there.

BIG

sony fanboy
I didn't like 1944 much,as it seems to me that most of the levels tend to repeat itself over and over. That,and the fact that it is the ONLY 194X (not counting the Strikers series) game that isn't a true vertical shooter..

Now,19XX was excellent. The game just screams old Capcom from the moment you coin up. Highly recommended.

B-