'Last Hope' Central thread

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I don't know that you'd call their releases homebrew games. Aren't they a proper proper game developer, not just some guy doing it on their computer? Maybe they're not as professional as the developers that made the official Neo Geo games.

You would have thought MVS carts wouldn't be that expensive to produce these days, the main problem in the old days was the cost of the memory chips, and that has gone down almost to nothing these days. I think the main reason the AES release of Last Hope was so expensive, was that it was such a small production run. If NGDEV.TEAM had done a large production run, the cost of making the PCB's would have been much smaller per unit. Maybe they thought there wasn't enough demand for the AES version, but I think they could have sold at least 200 to 400+ carts (at a cheaper price that is).

AES Last Hope was made with donor carts, the cost lied therein, they only made 50 official copies.

Their current MVS carts cost so much because they have to pay for PCB fabrication, designing any FPGAs used and they need to turn a profit too, so they can make more games.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Better be quick about it. According to their website the total of English and Japanese copies is limited to 100, and there is less than 10 copies left currently.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Better be quick about it. According to their website the total of English and Japanese copies is limited to 100, and there is less than 10 copies left currently.
That is for the collector editions, later on 50 more copies will be made available..

Nevertheless impressive selling pace...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Something tells me that with less stock and cheaper prices, the LE will sell out even faster than the CE when it does become available.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
For me, I thought original Last hope (60 limited) is worth better PB edition. It's classic and first game released from NG:dev. This PB released will make price of original higher ;)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
For me, I thought original Last hope (60 limited) is worth better PB edition. It's classic and first game released from NG:dev. This PB released will make price of original higher ;)
because that is what counts, the prices of the games... pfff, collectors.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Last Hope English AES Re-release rumor.

Someone emailed NGDEV

"Hi,

we will probably do this one day. Mostly to offer an English version though. We will do this in a year were we only have one other AES release."

So the first release without sac carts and English only. The questions are when and how many available.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thank you vincewy for the re-release rumor info. I only have the official soundtrack for the game. And I missed out on the Neo Geo CD version which was very affordable on release. Now it is very scarce. Any news of a re-release of the CD version?

Last Hope English AES Re-release rumor.

Someone emailed NGDEV

"Hi,

we will probably do this one day. Mostly to offer an English version though. We will do this in a year were we only have one other AES release."

So the first release without sac carts and English only. The questions are when and how many available.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
So this would be a rerelease of the original Last Hope and not Pink Bullets?

I have Last Hope Pink Bullets and other NG: DEV games for the Dreamcast. I would love the chance to get them for the MVS that I now own. I know that NG:DEV gets some flack for being "homebrew," but that is derogatory word. Their games are great!

Last edited:

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Just a quick question: Any news on the release of Pink Bullets for AES? When was/is it expected to be released?

EDIT: Ok, release date was August 2014...

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Just a quick question: Any news on the release of Pink Bullets for AES? When was/is it expected to be released?

EDIT: Ok, release date was August 2014...

Didn't you get yours?

Oh shit I didn't get mine as well. :D

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I'm sorry, I'll not preordering anything for 500€ with a waiting time of about a year. I'd rather spend some more money on it when it is released than wait like forever. I just had in mind Last Hope Pink Bullets was set to be released around this time and after Neo XYX is now finally shipped I wondered when this one is coming through. Seems like it hasn't yet...
However, good luck to all who preordered to receive it before Christmas 2014 ;)

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
they replied the other day ........The factory date is around week 44. But this time we won't announce a date until we have them stocked and fully tested......which is the end of this month.
but after the fiasco with Gunlord you had hoped they would have learnt.

Piwi

Rugal's Thug
Today in the Mail :-)
The artwork is gorgeous!!
Will fire this bad boy up tomorrow when I have a little bit more time :-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414523526.905422.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414523558.685599.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414523572.153820.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414523585.885583.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414523599.504012.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414523615.582414.jpg

Zonks678

n00b
This game art looks pretty good. I also have my copy coming as well. Maybe I will get it by weeks end.