'Last Hope' Central thread

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Any idea about pricing? I think that most folks wanted MVS because they assumed it would be cheaper....in the $100.00 range.

Also, it is cool that a new game is forthcoming.

I heartily echo both of j_heiger's points. Thank you so much, NG:DEV.TEAM, for continuing to breathe life -- even if it's only a whisper -- into both the Neo•Geo arcade and home console. I'm really looking forward to buying and playing both titles on my consolized SNK Neo•Geo MV-1C (thanks again, Xian Xi!).

However, three questions immediately spring to mind. What is the current estimated price for the MVS release of each title? Also, in order to guarantee and secure a copy, is there some sort of pre-order or pre-purchase that could be arranged? Finally, could a discount be applied to the total purchase if both cartridges were bought simultaneously?

Last edited:

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Any idea about pricing? I think that most folks wanted MVS because they assumed it would be cheaper .... in the $100 range.

Also it is cool that a new game is forthcoming.

I would recommend you guys to purchase a Dreamcast $50 + Last Hope: Pinks Bullets DC $60 = $110.

As LH PB MVS is intended for the home MVS market it will be a lot cheaper than the AES version of LH.

Sorry, but nowhere near $100 :loco:

You guys are too spoiled by the used MVS market and those China bootlegs. As a Germany based company naturally our products will be always expensive. The bad USD/EUR exchange rate does the rest...

If SNKP would release tomorrow a MVS game, what would you guys think it would cost?

Also, any change it will be tested on aes > mvs converters? For those of us who only have AES consoles?

We only have a Phantom-1 here, chances it will work on this old adapter are slim to none. I have no access to a Super MVS Converter II, so it will be untested with those.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Someone should find these guys a Super MVS II, so we know if it will work or not.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
I would recommend you guys to purchase a Dreamcast $50 + Last Hope: Pinks Bullets DC $60 = $110.

As LH PB MVS is intended for the home MVS market it will be a lot cheaper than the AES version of LH.

Sorry, but nowhere near $100 :loco:

You guys are too spoiled by the used MVS market and those China bootlegs. As a Germany based company naturally our products will be always expensive. The bad USD/EUR exchange rate does the rest...

If SNKP would release tomorrow a MVS game, what would you guys think it would cost?

We only have a Phantom-1 here, chances it will work on this old adapter are slim to none. I have no access to a Super MVS Converter II, so it will be untested with those.

No offense intended. Just trying to get a feel for what the price point would be. I think its a bit much to call us spoiled. Nonetheless I appreciate the continued support of the Neo. We understand that an MVS Kit scheduled for arcade release would cost over $1000. But that really is not what this is. regardless, I wish you guys the best of luck. I enjoyed my dreamcast Last Hope though the difficulty made me cry.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
you could always contract ppl like me to build these since i know i could hit taht price range.

your not going to beable to peddle a 700 mvs release . we saw that one trick pony with the ilfaited aes release.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Any idea about pricing? I think that most folks wanted MVS because they assumed it would be cheaper .... in the $100 range.
Well I just wanted it because MVS is what I have. $100 is probably a little too low for a custom-made small-run title.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Perhaps the game's creators would not expect or deem the MVS version to be commercially feasible if it was selling for less than $275... Just my two cents.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
then dont support mvs or mvs. trust me there is profit at under 300 for a cart

Marked Wolf
I just ordered the Last Hope Pink Bundle.

I've read many opinions and now I'll decide for myself, comparing the NGCD & DC versions.:buttrock:

This will go along way in helping me decide whether to get a MVS copy.

You will see, that from a game play point of view, Pink Bullets is to Last Hope what Blazing Star is to Pulstar.

If you prefer Pulstar -> get Last Hope NGCD
If you prefer Blazing Star -> get Last Hope: Pink Bullets

Or get them both :D

Disclaimer: I'm perfectly aware that both Pulstar and Blazing Star are in a different league than any version of Last Hope ;)

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Is Last Hope the last release on AES? Or is there the possibility of a new game on AES in the future?

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
Well I just wanted it because MVS is what I have. $100 is probably a little too low for a custom-made small-run title.

I was really just trying to get a feel for what the price point would be. Perhaps $100 was overly optimistic. Anyway I hope they have alot of success. At this point My best option would be an XBLA release ... just hard to justify the expensive games now that i have a kid.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
There is certainly a price point where an MVS release becomes unaffordable for alot of people, especially considering its homebrew at its core

I dont know what that price would be for me, but by the time anyone reviews the new game to say if its worth the cash, itll probably already be sold out

Too bad someone couldnt get an advanced copy to check it out and let us all know

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
wouldn't it just be priced at what arcade operators are willing to pay for it? I thought it was going to be an arcade release.

Last edited:

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
wouldn't it just be priced at what arcade operators are willing to pay for it? I thought it was going to be an arcade release.

i can't imagine arcade operators willing to spend large amounts of money on a homebrew MVS game, or even be aware that it exists:scratch:

also are carts going to be sacced for this release or is there something organized to get boards and cases produced? i know the overheads and all aren't cheap and i don't know how many you plan to produce, just curious here.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
i can't imagine arcade operators willing to spend large amounts of money on a homebrew MVS game, or even be aware that it exists

also are carts going to be sacced for this release or is there something organized to get boards and cases produced? i know the overheads and all aren't cheap and i don't know how many you plan to produce, just curious here.
I don't know that you'd call their releases homebrew games. Aren't they a proper proper game developer, not just some guy doing it on their computer? Maybe they're not as professional as the developers that made the official Neo Geo games.

You would have thought MVS carts wouldn't be that expensive to produce these days, the main problem in the old days was the cost of the memory chips, and that has gone down almost to nothing these days. I think the main reason the AES release of Last Hope was so expensive, was that it was such a small production run. If NGDEV.TEAM had done a large production run, the cost of making the PCB's would have been much smaller per unit. Maybe they thought there wasn't enough demand for the AES version, but I think they could have sold at least 200 to 400+ carts (at a cheaper price that is).

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
You will see, that from a game play point of view, Pink Bullets is to Last Hope what Blazing Star is to Pulstar.

If you prefer Pulstar -> get Last Hope NGCD
If you prefer Blazing Star -> get Last Hope: Pink Bullets

Or get them both :D

Disclaimer: I'm perfectly aware that both Pulstar and Blazing Star are in a different league than any version of Last Hope ;)

Ordering the Last Hope Pink Bundle I believe I have ordered both versions:buttrock:

Clessy

Banned
I prefer the orginal version over pink bullets. It offers a difficultly level that is more familar to those of other neogeo games. PB is as is as rtype.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My Last Hope Pink Bundle just arrived:buttrock:

I'm going to play the NGCD version first.

First impression the NGCD case looks sharp.

Like many other's, why a dvd case for the Dreamcast?

It looks nice & everything:D

Edit: Just played for a little bit and can safely say it's going to be in there a lot;)

Last edited:

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
I'm actually kind of excited for the mvs releases. I just hope the price is kept at $350 or less. I was really dissapointed to see the homecart of Last Hope sell for twice the cost of an SNKP released homecart + a sac cart.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I prefer the original version over pink bullets. It offers a difficulty level that is more familiar to those of other neo geo games. PB is as is as r-type.
Aren't there at least 3 versions of Last Hope (with different levels of difficulty- eg AES, Neo CD, DC, Neo CD Pink Bullets, DC Pink Bullets). AES is the hardest version of the game.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm really enjoying the NGCD version myself!

Thank you for making such a fun game NG: DEV.TEAM:buttrock:

Marked Wolf
Hello,

we are happy to announce that we will release in winter 2009 the Last Hope Complete Soundtrack.

The Last Hope Video Game Soundtrack features 17 tunes with a playtime of 60 minutes. Seven of them are re-arranges made by various talented musicians and the remaining 10 tunes are professionally remastered original Last Hope compositions known from the extended original soundtrack of the Last Hope Limited Edition for Dreamcast.

soundtrack.jpg

Re-Arranges

01. Trancendental - Rafael Dyll
02. Oldschool Vs. Dance - Rafael Dyll
03. Take This! - RELATION SCT
04. Underground Experience - RELATION SCT
05. Sun Burn - Cjoe
06. Alien Symphony - Cjoe
07. Knights of Game Over - Daniel Pharos, Knights of Soundtrack

Original

08. Title
09. Dark Fear
10. Creepy Waters, Melting Spirits
11. Burning Sun
12. Dark Seed
13. The End
14. Bossfight
15. Bosswin
16. Game Over
17. Freedom

Hearing samples:
Remix: http://www.ngdevteam.com/download/lasthope_remix.mp3
Original: http://www.ngdevteam.com/download/lasthope_medley.mp3

francovel3

Crossed Swords Squire
Hello,

we are happy to announce that we will release in winter 2009 the Last Hope Complete Soundtrack.

The Last Hope Video Game Soundtrack features 17 tunes with a playtime of 60 minutes. Seven of them are re-arranges made by various talented musicians and the remaining 10 tunes are professionally remastered original Last Hope compositions known from the extended original soundtrack of the Last Hope Limited Edition for Dreamcast.

soundtrack.jpg

Re-Arranges

01. Trancendental - Rafael Dyll
02. Oldschool Vs. Dance - Rafael Dyll
03. Take This! - RELATION SCT
04. Underground Experience - RELATION SCT
05. Sun Burn - Cjoe
06. Alien Symphony - Cjoe
07. Knights of Game Over - Daniel Pharos, Knights of Soundtrack

Original

08. Title
09. Dark Fear
10. Creepy Waters, Melting Spirits
11. Burning Sun
12. Dark Seed
13. The End
14. Bossfight
15. Bosswin
16. Game Over
17. Freedom

Hearing samples:
Remix: http://www.ngdevteam.com/download/lasthope_remix.mp3
Original: http://www.ngdevteam.com/download/lasthope_medley.mp3

re release another aes version ot last hope and ill be happy..........