Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Last Hope' Central thread

This mans has little tiny pebbles in his head where his brain is supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    a shallow shitty european r-type clone and the noobs are in awe

go play ikaruga or dragon blaze,damn

you all need a transfusion of good taste

only the japanese can make good video games,
    is that *SO* hard to understand ?

but well,i am forgetting this is the place where hordes of fanboys want a stupid lame pc with stupid lame american games

( yes,i am talking about the x box 360 )

so it's prolly better to give up

love this kind of logic though :

"more megs = better game = badass !"

i mean,god,i stopped thinking like that when i was about 13
    I bet your asshole could flatten a penny.

You mind if I put a penny in your asshole? I want a flat penny but I don't want to risk derailing a train.

Raiden's Valet

Hello

to the developpers

You have no answers to the question on the Neo Geo CD ?
    are you interesting by a Neo Geo CD game version ?
    it's easy to convert your game cadrige game than on CD game ?

thanks

hermegildo
    Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 7 (3 members and 4 guests)
    hermegildo, kuk, Shawn

Neo is primarily fighting games to me..

Its not the neo that made the games great, it was the developers who made something that would allow for such fierce and intelligent gaming competition. AES means nothing in the end, my greatest sorrow is reserved for people who've never experience a arcade with competent players. You could never understand just how fun these games can be, you can own every single one of them and not get it.

Walking into a cade with people playing KOF is one of the best feelings.
    All my tutorial videos, combo videos, bug video's and general gaming videos can be found on my youtube. Youtube.com/URLWK

Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    You trying to be the king of the hobos with some fancy Sengoku 3 MVS?

Grandmaster Elf
    Overlord (GEO)
    NeoStore, Inc.
    snkusa.com

Itís great to have NG DEV.TEAM supporting the Neo-Geo. The developer is from Germany after all which is where many renowned products originate, from fast cars to elite appliances, and now original Neo-Geo software! Keep in mind that Iím not a huge fan of shooters, yet I felt this game was deserving of a quality home cart production. Just prior to the final home cart release, Samurai Shodown V Special, I attempted to have SNKP produce this game officially in limited quantities, but they were not interested. Their plans were already set to have SSVS be the final home release.

I wish there were more options for producing Last Hope. We know that SNKP has permanently moved on from the NeoGeo system, !Arcade! is no longer in business (but still needs to fill my order before he calls it quits for good), and that Vektorlogic is a possibility.

I definitely agree with the several posts I saw requesting that this title is released in the snap lock case. The NeoStore has plenty of new KoF 2001ís that could be used for this purpose, although I would need approval from SNKP before I could be involved. We need this kind of support to keep the Neo alive. Conversely, the best way to kill the interest is to kill the support. Hopefully that wonít be the case. Would also love to see the retail price below $400, perhaps if we can reach the numbers you need it can be done.

Mini review:
    I received the prototype of Last Hope from the developer in May of 2004 and considering the unknown source my expectations were quite low. Not 11 meg Digger Man low, but I wasnít expecting to be wowíd, no pun intended. I was immediately impressed with the graphics, sound effects, and the music. My 1st thought was that this must be some sort of port or rip from another system. No way would someone invest this kind of time into developing a game for the Neo without any solid reassurance of a release.

Last Hope is a challenging shooter, not a game you can beat in one night, not even if set to easy mode. The play style is in the category of R-Type, Last Resort, and Pulstar, requiring a strategy to progress (memorization of patterns). When you die, you are ported back to a restart point, and there are multiple restart points per stage. I also remember power ups and add-ons for your ship, but not a life bar, so there is not much room for many errors. This is definitely a game that will require a long while to master.

I also didnít experience any glitches, which says a lot of time was already spent debugging. Itís clear that some talented programmers were involved in developing this new game and it would be a shame if it never saw some form of release.

Yeah, but was it $700 good? I may be asking the wrong person.
    Giving these peoples their airs since 2086.

Every day is like Sunday kernow's Avatar

to say it needs a snaplock case to be any good, and that you're willing to sac 2001's for it

is silly

release the rom, release it on neo-cd .. and sell it that way

hell - you know it'll be dumped in 24 seconds after purchase anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lithy
    Why does no one realize that HPMAN and Chamagne had no problem finding 25 buyers for Ghostlop 10 US, 10 JPN home carts, and 5 MVS kits at a almost 800 Euro. He will find 30-40 buyers at 700 bucks.
    I already mentioned this. Anyway I don't know if the difference (homebrew vs official but canceled game) will increase or decrease sales.

About the case, well, if they actually need to sacrifice an AES cart for each unit it makes sense to just use the same case the AES cart is supposed to come with, possibly even cheaper than buying the shockboxes separately. Anyway it would be much better if they managed to produce their own carts via vektorlogic or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow
    hell - you know it'll be dumped in 24 seconds after purchase anyway.
    Ghostlop needed much more time than this, althought the fact it came by "surprise" and the extremely sandy vagina of most of its buyers might have been the caus, and possibly this Last Hope will not be the same.
    Last edited by Amano Jacu; 12-09-2005 at 05:54 AM.

Realistically, I wonder what the real demand for this game is? 10s or 100s. I'm leaning towards the former.

Bored For Life

A new actual Neo Geo game would be nice. Since I only have MVS carts, I really wouldn't care about the snap lock issue. Though, if there is demand for the game, those with home systems definitely deserve them.

Jon

No, I don't know who they are, but I wish them the best of luck as I'm all for the homebrew scene.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Robi15
    JMKurtz, did you know about this game and these guys allrady!?!? Shawn HAS a test rom and has not yet made a post? humm what is going on..? Shawn, comon post a short review atleast!! Anyway a HQ video of the game IS needed. 700us is is a very high price tag but then again i do belive this game is gonna sell, allthough i think it will take a while. 50 units is not soooo much. It hangs over the respect you are gonna recieve. Most of us are not gonna be able to play this game cause the hefty price and that's why most of the ppl are angry right now.
    Are you ready to change the way you look at your Neo?

Like Neobitz on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/neobitz

jkurtz01@gmail.com - http://www.neobitz.com

WTF is your problem? Many, many, many awesome games were created by individuals with passion. You don't have to have a $3,000,000 budget or funky Japanese characters to make a game great. A game is great on it's on merit. You don't need to work for Rare, Bungee, id, or whoever to be a great programmer either. You should reserve your opinion on the game until you get a chance to play it.

To NGDEV.TEAM -- Keep pushing forward!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    a shallow shitty european r-type clone and the noobs are in awe

go play ikaruga or dragon blaze,damn

you all need a transfusion of good taste

only the japanese can make good video games,
    is that *SO* hard to understand ?

but well,i am forgetting this is the place where hordes of fanboys want a stupid lame pc with stupid lame american games

( yes,i am talking about the x box 360 )

so it's prolly better to give up

love this kind of logic though :

"more megs = better game = badass !"

i mean,god,i stopped thinking like that when i was about 13

The Garou Densetsu Guy

Is it possible to even do a Neo CD release ?
    from Fatal Fury LEGEND OF THE HUNGRY WOLF anime :

Joe Higashi : Then this is where we part

Andy Bogard : and go our seperate ways

Terry Bogard : Till we meet again

+ Terry Bogard's day out. = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sNjvY580ZE

Now that Shawn and JMKurtz replied, the whole thing sounds more and more genuine. I love shooters and i see my self as a potential buyer..though 700us..well i'll deside when the game is actually released.. more pictures and a video..in HQ plz.. Last Hope's "OFFICIAL" homepage looks like a container..utterly shitty and the screen shots are allmost useless..more work there plz :-). Fran is a cool dude who speaks his mind.. respect but his words are not a law.. Now that NG DEV.TEAM made the Last Hope public, lets see how things evolve. NG DEV.TEAM, please present proper game info (meg count, levels, wepons etc) and screenshots..begin with that! :-)

[[ e l e c t r a g l i d e ]]

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/MAARDU

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    ...I wish there were more options for producing Last Hope. We know that SNKP has permanently moved on from the NeoGeo system, !Arcade! is no longer in business (but still needs to fill my order before he calls it quits for good), and that Vektorlogic is a possibility.
    Shawn-

First, thanks for your post; it's nice to see you are still around despite what others might say.

RE: !Arcade!: Didn't Ray produce his own AES boards for some of his conversions? If he's "out of the business" is there any chance of picking any of these up as part of your buyout? (If in fact there were any left, either due to them actually being used or possibly destroyed as part of the SNK legal action).

Jeff-

Wasn't Vektorlogic talking at one time about AES releases of their MVS games as well? I had posted this question in a separate thread about their MVS game on eBay but never got a response. It's possible that they already have AES components designed in addition to MVS.

Gal Ageise's Demon
    OK, I have changed my mind. If the game does use a KOF 2001 for a sac cart and the game comes with a snap-lock case instead of a shock box, I will pay around $600 for it but it had better be good. That is all for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Makismo
    OK, I have changed my mind. If the game does use a KOF 2001 for a sac cart and the game comes with a snap-lock case instead of a shock box, I will pay around $600 for it but it had better be good. That is all for now.

One born every minute.

Calvin and Hobbes.
    Ignoring Pm's
    Since 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Makismo
    ...prob the dumbest statement so far in this thread... seriously...

On topic tho... would I be one of those first in line to buy this?... No...

Once it gets dumped.... forking anything more than $200 usd for an original will make you look sorta dumb...

The ghostlop dumping thing showed us that once its out there then prices will plummet....

Still... I like shooters and wouldn't mind playing this... atm tho... I'm gonna buy myself a Megadrive with Gynoug... cost = About £15GBP...

Sieger's Squire

@ NG: DEV.TEAM: Please ignore the ramblings of Makismo, he's the resident village idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by rotphungte
    Still... I like shooters and wouldn't mind playing this... atm tho... I'm gonna buy myself a Megadrive with Gynoug... cost = About £15GBP...
    Gynoug rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by The last message from Our Beloved Prophet NeoGumby (ABRIDGED VERSION)
    my time is short but i can hold the boob dredd off for some time

enough to say remember djdd is a fool and an idiot who is everything this website is not

it will never be the sort to fall to idiots like him

people like you the believers and our B_U know the ability the strength there is out there a right way a good way to run things

i stand for the good i stand for the classic the good times here make it here how you can

Quote Originally Posted by Verythrax
    Gynoug rocks!
    amen.

I would just like to state that the Ghostlop carts where bootlegs and a dump brought the price down because having the rom in your computer was as legit in all senses of the word, as having the bootleg cart. in this case however, a limited run produced by the makers of the game would have more legitimacy in cart form, and therefore I don't think you can draw a straight line between this instance and the Ghostlop fiasco. time will tell surely.

Analinguist of the Year galfordo's Avatar

icon15.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    @ NG: DEV.TEAM: Please ignore the ramblings of Makismo, he's the resident village idiot.

That's me!

Anyway, I think Shawn's suggestions sound good. If he has enough sac carts with KOF 2001, that would be ideal. That way, the game could be released using new parts and would get brand new snap-lock cases. Using non-SNK boards is a bad idea IMO - the quality of the !Arcade! boards just isn't there, sorry.

Also, I'm glad to hear that Shawn was impressed with the quality of this title. The thought of having a great new Neo shooter is pretty awesome.

I'm interested to see how this one turns out. Not quite sure that I'm $700 interested, but if it's a terrific shooter for the Neo, who knows. I don't really give a fuck what people think about the way I spend my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    Galfordo really is the best member of this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTheranthrope View Post
    I want to disagree... but:
    1. Not everyone can be Galfordo (me, for instance.), but maybe... Galfordo is the hero our nation deserves.

We be chillin'

Sieger's Squire

Quote Originally Posted by galfordo

That's me!
    I'm sorry.

I've never seen or heard about the game until now, so I can't comment on the credability of it being real or not -- however, I believe Shawn 100%, so if he says that he's seen it, that should be proof enough for anyone.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Robi15
    Now that Shawn and JMKurtz replied, the whole thing sounds more and more genuine. I love shooters and i see my self as a potential buyer..though 700us..well i'll deside when the game is actually released.. more pictures and a video..in HQ plz.. Last Hope's "OFFICIAL" homepage looks like a container..utterly shitty and the screen shots are allmost useless..more work there plz :-). Fran is a cool dude who speaks his mind.. respect but his words are not a law.. Now that NG DEV.TEAM made the Last Hope public, lets see how things evolve. NG DEV.TEAM, please present proper game info (meg count, levels, wepons etc) and screenshots..begin with that! :-)

Yes, !Arcade! made their own boards -- I have a set that came from one of their Strikers cart.

The last time I talked to Jeff F., they didn't have the AES boards/cases/boxes manufactured.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by TMOSteel
    Shawn-

First, thanks for your post; it's nice to see you are still around despite what others might say.

RE: !Arcade!: Didn't Ray produce his own AES boards for some of his conversions? If he's "out of the business" is there any chance of picking any of these up as part of your buyout? (If in fact there were any left, either due to them actually being used or possibly destroyed as part of the SNK legal action).

Jeff-

Wasn't Vektorlogic talking at one time about AES releases of their MVS games as well? I had posted this question in a separate thread about their MVS game on eBay but never got a response. It's possible that they already have AES components designed in addition to MVS.

Thread Information