'Last Hope' Central thread

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I've never seen or heard about the game until now, so I can't comment on the credability of it being real or not -- however, I believe Shawn 100%, so if he says that he's seen it, that should be proof enough for anyone.

Jeff

Robi15 said:
Now that Shawn and JMKurtz replied, the whole thing sounds more and more genuine. I love shooters and i see my self as a potential buyer..though 700us..well i'll deside when the game is actually released.. more pictures and a video..in HQ plz.. Last Hope's "OFFICIAL" homepage looks like a container..utterly shitty and the screen shots are allmost useless..more work there plz :-). Fran is a cool dude who speaks his mind.. respect but his words are not a law.. Now that NG DEV.TEAM made the Last Hope public, lets see how things evolve. NG DEV.TEAM, please present proper game info (meg count, levels, wepons etc) and screenshots..begin with that! :-)

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Yes, !Arcade! made their own boards -- I have a set that came from one of their Strikers cart.

The last time I talked to Jeff F., they didn't have the AES boards/cases/boxes manufactured.

Jeff

TMOSteel said:
Shawn-

First, thanks for your post; it's nice to see you are still around despite what others might say.

RE: !Arcade!: Didn't Ray produce his own AES boards for some of his conversions? If he's "out of the business" is there any chance of picking any of these up as part of your buyout? (If in fact there were any left, either due to them actually being used or possibly destroyed as part of the SNK legal action).

Jeff-

Wasn't Vektorlogic talking at one time about AES releases of their MVS games as well? I had posted this question in a separate thread about their MVS game on eBay but never got a response. It's possible that they already have AES components designed in addition to MVS.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
HellioN said:
Code it for NGCD & DreamCast.
Charge $40 - $50 for each one & you have A winner.

Exactly.

If I was to pay $700 for this game, it better have 6 $100 bills in the game case.

If you want to be sucessful you need to take risks. You are on the Neo-Geo forums where almost 80-90% of the fanbase is AKA "Your Buyers" and you are not willing to budge in price. You might as well close shop if you are not gonna even consider making more than 30 units.

If your costs are more than half of your asking price you need to do more research to find parts cheaper.

Good luck with that price tag.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
rotphungte said:
...prob the dumbest statement so far in this thread... seriously...

On topic tho... would I be one of those first in line to buy this?... No...

Once it gets dumped.... forking anything more than $200 usd for an original will make you look sorta dumb...

The ghostlop dumping thing showed us that once its out there then prices will plummet....

Still... I like shooters and wouldn't mind playing this... atm tho... I'm gonna buy myself a Megadrive with Gynoug... cost = About £15GBP...

Idiot, the EPROMS alone would cost over $200. The sac cart plus the labor charge would make this cart go up. Plus printing plates and printing materials will make the cost go up a lot. You guys are just too poor to be into the Neo Geo. By the way, Megadrive is a piece of shit compared to the Neo Geo. I really don't give a rat's ass if you buy this game or not. If I happen to have the money and this game is good, I will get it. The poor people on the forum can go play with their cheap games. If this game isn't to my liking then I will play my Blazing Star instead. As far as the Neo Geo is concerned, price is and never was an issue. If it is for you, then go play with your ROMZ...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Makismo said:
Idiot, the EPROMS alone would cost over $200. The sac cart plus the labor charge would make this cart go up. Plus printing plates and printing materials will make the cost go up a lot. You guys are just too poor to be into the Neo Geo. By the way, Megadrive is a piece of shit compared to the Neo Geo. I really don't give a rat's ass if you buy this game or not. If I happen to have the money and this game is good, I will get it. The poor people on the forum can go play with their cheap games. If this game isn't to my liking then I will play my Blazing Star instead. As far as the Neo Geo is concerned, price is and never was an issue. If it is for you, then go play with your ROMZ...

Yeah, well not all of us live in our parents' basement, loser. We've got actual bills to pay.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Makismo said:

funny coz no matter how much cash you have you'll never get the proper l33t neo geo games, you'll never get anyone's respect, and you'll never get a girl to like you.
oh and you'll never get to move out of your parent's basement.
you're a poor little bastard Makismo.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Makismo said:

life is sad... not talking about mine. my life is actually rockin' :buttrock: (and guess what, I can't even afford a $700 game... I rock!)

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
Buddy should listen to people a little more on the price point cause if he does try to sell at 700 no will buy but me and I will turn around and make copy's for cheaper just to spite him and make a profit.

If you think you can sell for 700 go ahead but every single person here says they will not buy it at that price. There are so many ways to see the same profit you are aiming for maybe you should let someone else handle that side of the bussiness for you.

What you have is a game that if it is what you claim it to be and judging from the screen shots will be a hot ticket item at the right price. Almost everyone agree's that at the right price they will buy this game but at 700 no one will buy it. You think big name companies don't listen to thier customers?

You may think well snk sold for a high price and did ok but you are forgetting that at the time the neo came out the technology was top notch. People pay big money for high end stuff. later on down the road you just had people collecting on a name that they loved so it was differant. You have no name as of yet, you are not proven, you are not selling high tech stuff and therefore you must ask less.

I warn you the fans have spoken and I allready told you what will happen if you sell for 700, YOU WILL SELL ONE COPY AND GET RIPPED OFF!!!!

Fighter123

Banned
Makismo said:

Megadrive is my favorite system of all time, repect it! :buttrock:

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Sure looks great, but almost too great to be on the AES hardware. I'd like to see the video once it's released.

I can appreciate people who like to support the homebrew scene, but I guess the distribution/selling of it is pretty tricky. I personally don't play ROMs, but it sure seems like a better route to distribute this. Of course there probably wouldn't be much, if any, profit in that.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I must have this game!

We must have this game no matter the cost! If bills go unpayed to get this title, then so be it!

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Makismo said:
We must have this game no matter the cost! If bills go unpayed to get this title, then so be it!

do you even think before you post/talk?

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Howdoin said:
do you even think before you post/talk?

Maybe he doesn't, but really anone questioning the cost of Neo Geo games on this board should question why they are here.

That said, the current cost of this game is OTT.

starman

Armored Scrum Object
$700 is way too much for any game...

However, this shooter looks to be of pretty high quality. The idea of releasing it for NGCD sounds much better.

But I don't really want to play a half-arsed game. This should ideally be like the cave story of shmups--homebrew in development, amongst the best in quality. That being said, it doesn't look like the second coming of Radiant Silvergun.. :oh_no:

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
NG:DEV.TEAM said:
The pricing will be quite high, atleast 2 x SNK pricing.

I was really interested in this title from the screenshots and the website. However, once I saw the price description, I was completely turned off from purchasing it. You guys really need to rethink your marketing strategy...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi Mak!

Makismo said:

Damn.. that hurts :crying:

Hahahahaha! Do you even consider a post b4 you type it? ;)

I remember the Ghostlop dumping thing... I was one of those who put his money where my mouth was...

You can pick up a Ghostlop for less than $200 usd now...

Anyway, I doubt YOU of all people can call me an idiot...

BTW. MY collection of shite >> YOUR collection of shite...

NOW! Don't be dumping on the Megadrive either numbnuts... its one of my fav systems... I regret selling my initial MD collection... and I'm considering buying it all back.

If you wanna try and talk to me further James numbnuts dude... I'll prob be in chat later....

Tho... my gf and I are entertaining a few guests this weekend... you know with Xmas coming up and all... so try not to seethe too much when I don't reply promtply to you. :chimp:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Fran said:
only the japanese can make good video games,
is that *SO* hard to understand ?

OMG.
You are an idiot.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
rotphungte said:
Damn.. that hurts :crying:

Hahahahaha! Do you even consider a post b4 you type it? ;)

I remember the Ghostlop dumping thing... I was one of those who put his money where my mouth was...

You can pick up a Ghostlop for less than $200 usd now...

Anyway, I doubt YOU of all people can call me an idiot...

BTW. MY collection of shite >> YOUR collection of shite...

NOW! Don't be dumping on the Megadrive either numbnuts... its one of my fav systems... I regret selling my initial MD collection... and I'm considering buying it all back.

If you wanna try and talk to me further James numbnuts dude... I'll prob be in chat later....

Tho... my gf and I are entertaining a few guests this weekend... you know with Xmas coming up and all... so try not to seethe too much when I don't reply promtply to you. :chimp:

Fuck off n00b. I have been into the Neo Geo since 1992 which I seriously doubt you have. Also, I will bash the Megadrive all I want. To add to that, how and hell could anyone call me an idiot? Let's get real here, so I can't get chicks, big fucking deal, that doesn't make me an idiot. If anything, you are the idiot for buying way too many home cartridges and then locking them in a closet to jackoff to. Also, I don't give a rat's ass about what you and your girlfriend do. I am level headed enough when I want to be and spending $700 on a good game is hell of a lot smarter than spending $360 for the latest crappy Playmore releases. Those games sucked and were not original at all. This new game seems to have some of the spark that was lost when Playmore took over. However, we won't know for sure until we play it. I believe that this new game with be a sleeper hit.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Makismo said:
Fuck off n00b. I have been into the Neo Geo since 1992 which I seriously doubt you have.

Yeah its true :crying: Got me there numbnuts...
DrunkenRot_resized.jpg

Also, I will bash the Megadrive all I want. To add to that, how and hell could anyone call me an idiot?

Eerr... because you are...
ShawnsDoggieWizard_resized.jpg

Let's get real here, so I can't get chicks, big fucking deal, that doesn't make me an idiot.

Man... you sure are one angry virgin...
Justthe2ofus3_resized.jpg

If anything, you are the idiot for buying way too many home cartridges and then locking them in a closet to jackoff to.

Its true... I jack off to em all the time...
RotNakedLemonBobak.jpg

Also, I don't give a rat's ass about what you and your girlfriend do.
...Angry virgin x2
Santamaria8_resized.jpg

I am level headed enough when I want to be and spending $700 on a good game is hell of a lot smarter than spending $360 for the latest crappy Playmore releases. Those games sucked and were not original at all. This new game seems to have some of the spark that was lost when Playmore took over. However, we won't know for sure until we play it. I believe that this new game with be a sleeper hit.

DAMN! You he dumbest POS on this site... I wonder how you managed to keep all your brain cells in one place...
Monte15_resized.jpg

NGFreak REWLS!
DrunkenRot_resized.jpg

PS. Hey James... wanna know what I think? I think you be sexy when you're angry... :emb: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Monte5_resized.jpg