Top Hunter moneybag items?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
this is probably a longshot to ask here these days, but oh well...

I recently watched a MAME recording of some Japanese guy who finished Top Hunter with a score of 737k or so. I was wondering where all the extra points came from, and one such thing happened here on the Forest Planet (and again later in the game)

tophuntr.png

basically he punched the hollowed-out miniature trees there, and instead of giving the usual life-up items, a money bag came out that's worth 10,000 points. I've never seen this happen before, and I have no idea what he did to make them appear. He did seem to stand in front of them for a couple seconds, so maybe it's a matter of timing the button press exactly... but how would you know when to press?

GEMANT, I'm looking in your direction. ;)

Gemant

Member,
this is a traditional "renkin" technique similar final fight.

you can obtain this with:

push A button to destroy a miniature trees (or Klapton sculpture in ice stage) and push UP lever in 1/10 sec.

in all game I know max 9 money bag item.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
ohh, that makes sense. Should've figured it be like the Final Fight trick. How many other games have this "renkin" technique?

Thanks for the info!

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Interesting, have you 1cc the game BBH?

Gemant

Member,
BBH said:
How many other games have this "renkin" technique?

maybe in Knights Of The Round. In this game if you destroy some objects, you obtain energy, but in some circumstances appear a extra 1up.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
anybody know the command for the ranbu supers. a complete movelist linky or whatever is also cool. thanx.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Interesting, have you 1cc the game BBH?

you betcha. My best score is only around 600k though. (note that this is the MVS version, much higher scores are possible on NGH/CD since you play all three levels of each planet, instead of just two)

I also didn't know about the "special ending" you can get for destroying each boss in the final stage with a specific special move... interesting.

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Never seen those moneybags before, and didn't know the aes version has longer levels either. That kind of sucks since you can't compare scores with the mvs version then :annoyed:. Is this something you can change if you have a Universebios installed and switch from aes to mvs mode?

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
yo gemant thanx for that site. though its italian i seem to understand most of the stricks and stuff.