Mario Kart DS Matchups and results chat

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
"snaking" is a strange tactic. You have to be really good at controlling that drift to pull it off. I usually only boost through corners and sometimes I can get 2-3 in a turn but nothing like that stuff. It really changes the balance if you have 1 guy that can snake every course(although I noticed no one snakes on Rainbow!)

So far though it hasnt detered me from enjoying the game.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm guessing snaking is where you see them ahead of you and now you see them on the far right, then a 1/2 second later, they're on the right side. I thought that was lag. I'm surprised the computer doesn't do that in 1PL grand prix mode.

Nintendo should patch it so you can't snake.

Last edited:

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
wizkid007 said:
Just keep practicing man. Yeah there are a few carts that really help your over all chances. Not quite sure how to get the extra set of missions though.. i read that you get a A rating on all the missions. Well i did that and nothing opened up.. maybe it is one star. Not really sure what you can get anyways.. hmmmm

you need one star for everything, its not too hard

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I just picked this up over the weekend! Good stuff! Since my house is gone, I won't be able to play online at home until I get everything taken care of. In the meantime, I'll show up at a Mcdonalds and play some people! I'll post my code when I get back!

Maury V.

Underdog

Camel Slug
Just had a good game with MilkManX, and I'm playing bokmeow now. One weird thing I noticed, does the ghost not steal items from you if you're in the air? Or was that just a network oddity?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I just got off playing a few 3 player games and 2 friend games. Good times.

The record of some of these people though, :eek:

Played MilkManX and Underdog. I think I'm getting better... still total n00b when it comes to taking tight corners though, and bumpy hills... how do you navigate those?

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
I just got off because I couldn't seem to get a game with someone. They friend icon was flashing to let me know they were searching but when I'd try to link up with them it wouldn't let me. I don't know if it was because someone else that wasn't a mutual friend was in their game or if it was because they were on my list, but I wasn't on their list.

If that is the case, more of you punks need to add me so we can throw down!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
boo I was just on for about 2 hrs straight - where was everyone

:annoyed:

bokmeow

IoriYagami n8 said:
I just got off because I couldn't seem to get a game with someone. They friend icon was flashing to let me know they were searching but when I'd try to link up with them it wouldn't let me. I don't know if it was because someone else that wasn't a mutual friend was in their game or if it was because they were on my list, but I wasn't on their list.

If that is the case, more of you punks need to add me so we can throw down!
I added everyone's friend code. I'm the goodest boy on the forum.
Keep in mind though, I think part of the problem is, the friend icon will show that your friend is on, but it doesn't necessarily show that they are gathering friends. I'm assuming once a friend is in a game, the icon disappears unless other free floating friends are around.

kernow said:
boo I was just on for about 2 hrs straight - where was everyone

:annoyed:

Sheeit, That's what I'M saying. I was on from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Often times the 'Searching' progress light would blink, but then the friend would disappear, I wonder what that was about?

The only friends I played against were MilkManX and underdog. The other friend games wouldn't connect, and Panera bread was closing... and I stink now :mad:

Underdog

Camel Slug
bokmeow said:
Played MilkManX and Underdog. I think I'm getting better... still total n00b when it comes to taking tight corners though, and bumpy hills... how do you navigate those?

I'm far from a pro, so take this with a grain of salt:

I usually try to drift into tight corners early and then turbo out of them, instead of drifting at the last second. I might be way off here, considering I lose more than I win on Rival matches. :p

Bumpy hills, not a clue. I just hope for the best.

One little thing that seems so obvious in retrospect but I didn't notice until someone else did it, and it's helped a lot. When you go over one of those rainbow speed things or a ramp? If you hop right at the top you fly really far.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
bokmeow said:
I added everyone's friend code. I'm the goodest boy on the forum.
Keep in mind though, I think part of the problem is, the friend icon will show that your friend is on, but it doesn't necessarily show that they are gathering friends. I'm assuming once a friend is in a game, the icon disappears unless other free floating friends are around.

Sheeit, That's what I'M saying. I was on from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Often times the 'Searching' progress light would blink, but then the friend would disappear, I wonder what that was about?

The only friends I played against were MilkManX and underdog. The other friend games wouldn't connect, and Panera bread was closing... and I stink now :mad:
Actually, as I understood it the friend icon would appear when there was a friend online. It would begin flashing when they were searching for a game. Weither or not that is a friend game or any game when it begins flashing I don't know. I'm not even 100% sure that is how it works, but I'm fairly certain at least.

bokmeow

Underdog said:
I'm far from a pro, so take this with a grain of salt:

I usually try to drift into tight corners early and then turbo out of them, instead of drifting at the last second. I might be way off here, considering I lose more than I win on Rival matches. :p

Bumpy hills, not a clue. I just hope for the best.

One little thing that seems so obvious in retrospect but I didn't notice until someone else did it, and it's helped a lot. When you go over one of those rainbow speed things or a ramp? If you hop right at the top you fly really far.

I went through the school of hard knocks and kinda figured out some things by trial and error. I've noticed that sometimes if you take on certain hills head on, like in Wario Stadium at that tight corner before the goal, you can setup for a mini turbo, but then I'm totally lost as to how to take the subsequent little bumps, and each poorly navigated bump slows down the kart's speed.

I guess there's nothing except to practice more for them.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Underdog said:
Huh. Sorry about that MilkManX, kept losing connection at the racer select.

No problem.

Good games. I was hoping to link up Kernow.

You know if you "lock" your friends that you have more of a chance of racing with them. I have all of mine locked myself.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I just found out about that locking thing, after my ds is charged i might try again

I gotta add your code too and nesagwas

bokmeow

Anyone playing Mario Kart DS in 30 minutes? I'm heading over to Panera bread, and I'm not getting on until I find out that there will be tons of friends to play against.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Id play ya man. But im heading out to the gym.. I lost 5 in a row the other day. Against fucking mario! Im now 85 and 30.. Wanted to reach 90 wins before i hit 30 but i guess it just wasnt meant to be.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
bok>Dan

I gotta learn to boost drift thingie better. Holy fuck whenever I take a turn it's like I'm playing Katamari. Someone teach me to not crash into walls as soon as it turns red each time.

LMFAO every time I quit to get someone else to play against I got Bok again.

Last edited: