Mario Kart DS Matchups and results chat

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Mawdsley said:
Lol I just got owned. Good game.

EDIT: Like my emblem btw? Took ages.

GG man

I didnt see your emblem. Sorry must have missed it. What was it?

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
wizkid007 said:
GG man

I didnt see your emblem. Sorry must have missed it. What was it?
neo logo. Sometimes they dont show until you are ingame and I was behind you most of the time ;)

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Ok, got the stupid thing going, don't ask, Linksys sucks, I'll be on now...

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
wizkid007 said:
Thats awsome dude.. Ummm here is a little app for creating custom ones!

http://www.zsivanys.nl/mkdecal/

Check it out
Close on that last one. Although you still got me beat.

I saw that site although their colours are slightly off. I would much prefer the color palette and play about in paint shot pro.

Last edited:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Mawdsley said:
Close on that last one. Although you still got me beat.

I saw that site although their colours are slightly offer. I would much prefer the color palette and play about in paint shot pro.

Yeah man

This game is fun.. :)

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
lol enough losing for one night i think. Good games. Im gonna go unlock the other characters.

Last edited:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Yeah get all the unlockables.. I try and pair up a low drift cart with a character that compliments the carts qualities in areas like speed, accel etc... Get your boosts down and learn how to control your drift. Really helps on courses with alot of turns... I dont do so well on semi straight tracks. GG man.. hope to see you on again

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Im searching for people to play as we speak.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Underdog said:
Any of that huge list of people viewing this thread playing now?
Just got done. Gonna take a break from wifi for a little bit.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I played a bit early on, I don't have the battle-hardened experience to do very well on most of these tracks, and am pretty much guessing when it comes to picking carts.

The only friend I got to play Mario Kart earlier was wizkid007, though presumably there were other friends online since the restroom sign with the triangle kept flashing during some games.

And I stink now after playing in Panera bread bakery/restaurant/cafe :mad: I swear I am gonna get the games in the public library setup one of these days, but management is still witholding maps of the access points.

Addition: Wi-Fi sure sucks up a lot of juice from the DS.

Last edited:

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Had a few games with Underdog and AJ, good times, I'll be back later.

Underdog

Camel Slug
Good games. I've got to do some stuff around the house but I'll be on later.

Also, getting whacked with my own shell = :emb:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Aye, good times indeed.

Talk about a game that induces a deep feeling of nostalgia, playing this online reminds me of the good old SNES Mario Kart days.

Damn shame I got a crap load of errands to run, so I could only sneak in a few games this afternoon.

Oh well... I'll slip back on around 5 or 6pm (EST) and see if anyone is around, since I'd really like to play this for more than just two or three matches at a time.

bokmeow

I just played against Zero and wizkid007... but who's Zero? My DS ran out of juice on me and apparently it doesn't update the records unless I complete the races.

The more I play the better I get on the tracks, but my drifting skill and corner turning skills still are lacking :(

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
bokmeow said:
I just played against Zero and wizkid007... but who's Zero? My DS ran out of juice on me and apparently it doesn't update the records unless I complete the races.

that would be me i am zero :D

bokmeow

redrum666 said:
that would be me i am zero :D

Ah, my apologies for dropping out of the game then. I was hoping that I could squeeze a bit more juice out of the DS, enough to finish the game, but alas it was not to be. I was lucky enough to squeeze enough out of our 3 player game. Unfortunately I've not found a wall outlet in Panera bread, so that's it for me today. Next time I promise we will settle this in true fashion like gentlemen... but please don't hurt me :D

Last edited:

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
wizkid007 said:
Here is a vid of the gay ass snaking tactics

http://media.putfile.com/Mario-Kart-DS-Snaking
Had one of these in my last game. No one from here mind. He was third in a race of three (fourth guy pulled out at start of first race, maybe he knew the snaker). I was in the lead for the first round and the guy in third was miles behind, then all of a sudden hes second right behind me at the finish.

Second round and he won. Just took off into the distance snaking side to side.

Third round, rainbow road. By this point, its just the two of us. He tries it again but through I managed to leave him for dust by being tactile with my items, causing him to fall off the loops.

Third race he pulls off into the distance. So I pull on him.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Lol wizkid. Races where a bit closer this time round. I unlocked dry bones. You still wiped the floor with me though. I really need to unlock the extra karts.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Just keep practicing man. Yeah there are a few carts that really help your over all chances. Not quite sure how to get the extra set of missions though.. i read that you get a A rating on all the missions. Well i did that and nothing opened up.. maybe it is one star. Not really sure what you can get anyways.. hmmmm