Mario Kart DS Matchups and results chat

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
I was wondering what that was that someone was doing against me. How fucking gay. Anyone here that does that in a match with me is off my list. Seriously lame shit.

This is why I'll only compete in Rival matches.

Im on for anybody who wants to play.

Also what is the rival option? opponents with similar win to lose ratios?

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
J0e Musashi said:
It's in everyone elses hands too being as it got a UK release today.

Jus got mine.... Forgot to bring my DS into work.. DOH

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
J0e Musashi said:
It's in everyone elses hands too being as it got a UK release today.

ONE UP!

sparent_whining.jpg

:eye:

:kekeke:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
johnno15 said:
Kernow you got a wireless router?

no

:kekeke:

I'm going for a damn burger or a coffee.. or buying a usb thing

or the train station .. hmngg :help:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
just tried outside a local club , hmm i didn't get an IP

maybe they locked it down though

geh I need a burger

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
w00t! I'm getting an access point tomorrow, so I don't have to do everything half-assed from now on, so I'll actually be able to 0wn j00 n00bz! :chimp:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Wow... I just randomly tried a "Friend" search before shutting down and heading to bed, and surprisingly enough, I got a match against Soniku.

Only played a couple rounds before my eyelids got a hundred pounds heavier (tack on another hundred pounds from typing this up real quick.)

Damn fun though, and I hope I can get all my crap done early tomorrow so I can play some more and maybe even get a full 4 on 4 MKDS NG.com race going on.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
D-Lite said:
I was wondering what that was that someone was doing against me. How fucking gay. Anyone here that does that in a match with me is off my list. Seriously lame shit.

This is why I'll only compete in Rival matches.

Yea ran into some shithead that looked like he was just lagging like crazy, but would just take off. Lame shit.

What does the rivals option mean?

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
wizkid007 said:
Im playing a few matches here and there.. although im noticing the style of play from a few races. There basically all over the road and they are leaving me in there dust. I cant explain why.. ive even had the same car as them.. and this tecnique only seems to work when there isnt alot of turns.. just straight track.. I mean are they using the slide tecnique to somehow gain boosts of speed on straight tracks? Or is it a ping glitch? I dont know... all i know is that there wheels are not on fire so it isnt that. There records reflect it too.. 112 and 8. Im just like wtf is going on. Some sort of cheating going on here. Anybody else know what this is?

EDIT: Its called snaking. Gay.. works though.. practicing now

Yeah, snaking is retarded. A lot of people find it a legitiment strategy because it takes skill and such, I suppose that is true, but I wouldn't think that a legitiment strategy would be so breaking to the game. You can utterly crush the Staff Ghost using the technique, which tells me that it is just a cheap exploit. Just be weary of people choosing carts with low drifts, as they are ideal for snaking. Another way to help try to avoid it is to pick tracks that don't have a lot in terms of straight-aways. Yoshi's Curcuit is a good one, as well as stages with a lot of mud, since sliding in mud doesn't work all that well.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I played some 4 player real DS (non wifi) linkup yesterday

it works great on single cart link - the load times are very minimal

and UK -> US communication works on multi cart link too , and vice versa

we had more fun playing band brothers 4 player though :kekeke:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
buttasuperb said:
Yea ran into some shithead that looked like he was just lagging like crazy, but would just take off. Lame shit.

What does the rivals option mean?

Rival options mean people who have records similar to yours are matched up to you.

Note: I'll try to get on at Panera around 11 a.m. EST, GMT-5 hours, I give up on the Public Library option until Monday, so if anyone wants to get some games on, get on the WFC.

Last edited:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Rival options mean people who have records similar to yours are matched up to you.

Note: I'll try to get on at Panera around 11 a.m. EST, GMT-5 hours, I give up on the Public Library option until Monday, so if anyone wants to get some games on, get on the WFC.

Its just not true though.. Ive been playing rival option.. and im 55 and 19

I get people with 20 and 40, 2 and 8, 35 and 32, all the way up to 86 and 10 <--these people snack btw.. and i disconnect right away now as it is like cheating really.. i dont do it and expect others not to do it.

And it happens more often then not. I really see no difference in regional and rival. Ill tell you one thing though.. i get more people lagging in rival then i do in regional. And have ended up losing twice now when i clearly won but lost because of lag.

Last edited:

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
same here with rival option wane i 1st started with 5W 4L i would get player with 65W 20L and that wasnt just 1 player like that it would be 2 or 3 of them with records like that in one race

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
wizkid007 said:
Im on now! Just played bokmeow! :)
Lol I just got owned. Good game.

EDIT: Like my emblem btw? Took ages.

Last edited:

Soniku

Average Joe said:
Wow... I just randomly tried a "Friend" search before shutting down and heading to bed, and surprisingly enough, I got a match against Soniku.

Only played a couple rounds before my eyelids got a hundred pounds heavier (tack on another hundred pounds from typing this up real quick.)

Damn fun though, and I hope I can get all my crap done early tomorrow so I can play some more and maybe even get a full 4 on 4 MKDS NG.com race going on.

Yeah that was pretty cool, I just got my new router yesterday, so I decided to play from my room instead of the pooper... I saw a blue and white icon on the bottom right-hand corner of my screen, I forgot exactly what the image is of, but apparently it means a friend is scanning since I found Average Joe when doing so.

They really need a better system, but for now I guess it works.

I'm going to go online in a few minutes to own up some n00bz (I'll probably just lose)...

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Soniku17 said:
Yeah that was pretty cool, I just got my new router yesterday, so I decided to play from my room instead of the pooper... I saw a blue and white icon on the bottom right-hand corner of my screen, I forgot exactly what the image is of, but apparently it means a friend is scanning since I found Average Joe when doing so.

They really need a better system, but for now I guess it works.

I'm going to go online in a few minutes to own up some n00bz (I'll probably just lose)...
im gonna play worldwide. will be free after this game.

Soniku

Mawdsley said:
im gonna play worldwide. will be free after this game.
I'm trying to get online, I had a rivals game going, and then my game froze, I think this DS is shit, but now I can't even pick up my router, wtf?