NG.com Beer Thread/Beer Discussion

aria

Former Moderator
I finally tried He'Brew (the Chosen Beer), it was actually quite good.
blue_beer.jpg

I like Japanese beers a lot, particularly Sapporo:
logo_200512.gif

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I finally tried He'Brew (the Chosen Beer), it was actually quite good.
blue_beer.jpg

I like Japanese beers a lot, particularly Sapporo:
logo_200512.gif

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

I like that can Sapporo comes in if you buy a 22oz (maybe its a 24?) - that can is so tough.

Haha I still need to check out the Chosen Beer. Glad to hear its not bad.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Lagduf said:
On a related note, I've managed to find a few more Samuel Smith varietys, I liked their Imperial Stout mainly because it was so smooth but 7% alcohol. Good stuff.

95.gif

The Winter Welcome is also quite the tasty brew.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
faves: corona, guinness, heineken, yuengling lager
most consumed: bud or bud light
best cheap shit: steel reserve

Oh yeah, and 40's and kegs are illegal to sell in alabama. The kegs were just recently outlawed to anyone but resturants/bars. No more field parties. :crying: At least the TN border is like 30 minutes away. Just grab some moola and you can get 40's AND kegs with little effort. Sometimes I have to wonder why alabama is just so fucking stupid.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
HaHa Alabama. :kekeke:

Actually, we're so retarded that wine makers in Kingfisher county can't sell their product at retail since its a dry county.

They have to drive 30 minutes to buy their own products legally.

aria

Former Moderator
Magnaflux said:
HaHa Alabama. :kekeke:

Actually, we're so retarded that wine makers in Kingfisher county can't sell their product at retail since its a dry county.

They have to drive 30 minutes to buy their own products legally.

A dry county?

How funny is that? Or, rather, ironic, considering that two of the towns are called:
* Hennessey
* Kingfisher

I actually drink Kingfisher, one of the better Indian beers along with Taj Mahal.

17.jpg

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
A dry county?

How funny is that? Or, rather, ironic, considering that two of the towns are called:
* Hennessey
* Kingfisher

I actually drink Kingfisher, one of the better Indian beers along with Taj Mahal.

17.jpg

You've never heard of dry counties?

I believe whatever county the Jack Daniel's Distillery is in is still dry.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
lithy said:

You are correct sir. Rather ironic if you ask me.

The county I live in isn't a dry county, but pretty much all the surrounding counties are. I lucked the fuck out.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
It's funny, that's why all the whisky distillaries say 'founded 1872' and stuff, cause till then, they couldn't legally distil.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Been exploring BevMo's bounty a lot lately...trying some awesome beers.

Without getting too RateBeer essay-ish here goes.

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout - so damn complex, motor oil color, bursting with coffee and dark fruit flavors. Win.

St. Sebastiaan - Belgian golden ale. Almost no carbonation in this one due to the ceramic bottle, but man the flavor more than makes up for it.

Dupont Foret - Belgian organic which is a new regular favorite. Another big yeasty headed ale with a very strong aroma. Perfectly balanced sweet and sour fruits, crisp and satisfying, almost perfect.

Mackeson XXX Stout - Dark dark brown, creamy milk chocolate taste. Unbelievable.

Hog Heaven Barleywine - Strong as shit at 9.2% but a clear winner, just not an everyday drinker for sure.

Could list a couple more Belgians, they are all unique, but there's just too many.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
lithy said:

My uncle operates a bar in a Dry town.... If his state Liquor Liscence is ever delayed by the state, his bar will have to stop serving.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
While nothing is worse then a dry county, i'm still irked by counties and cities that are dry on sundays. It's just so backwards.

Here in MO you need a special license to sell on Sundays, it not expensive or a big deal really, just sort of odd.

So does everyone have good liquor stores in their area?

I have to drive at least 30 minutes (suburbs of KC really) in order to even find a liquor store (though the grocery stores in my town have a decent selection...).

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
While nothing is worse then a dry county, i'm still irked by counties and cities that are dry on sundays. It's just so backwards.

Here in MO you need a special license to sell on Sundays, it not expensive or a big deal really, just sort of odd.

I have to drive at least 30 minutes (suburbs of KC really) in order to even find a liquor store (though the grocery stores in my town have a decent selection...).

To buy anything decent (aka over 3.0) you have to go to a liquor store here.

You can buy piss water (3.0) in grocery and convience stores between the hours of 6am to 2am.

Liquor stores are closed on Sundays.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There used to be a Liquour Store in my town of 1,000 people...

But most of it's buisness was from about 12 people....

Once those people died off, it went out of buisness.

Buro Destruct

Lagduf said:

I don't know about many other places in the country, but if you're an alcoholic with money to burn, Phoenix is your city. The only drawback is that the only places open past 11pm-Midnight are bars and conveinence stores (which sell the bottom of the barrel shit).

There's no special rules or county/city/state specific laws (at least in the Phoenix-Metro area) that prohibits the sale of certain or all liquors. You can easily obtain Guiness and Kiltlifter (an EXCELLENT locally brewed beer, 7% alc content) at grocery stores, not to mention every major liquor under the sun.

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
My favorite beer?

Hobgoblin Extra Strong Ale, from Wychwood Breweries.

http://www.wychwood.co.uk/index.html

I had the chance to try the draught version in Bath, England, some 6 years ago, and let me tell you...the taste is out of this world. Nothing to do with pilsner or even lesser ales. Simply superior.

Sadly it seems they have sort of downgraded it: nowadays it's only "strong" instead of "extra strong", and I'd swear it had more than 5.5% back in 2000. What I can say for sure is that, even though I am rather a heavy drinker, I used to get dizzy by the time I had downed my second pint, which is *very* unusual in my case.

If you can find it bottled, buy it. If you are lucky enough to enjoy a draught of Hobgoblin...I envy you!

Last edited:

Buro Destruct

Lovecraft0110 said:
My favorite beer?

Hobgoblin Extra Strong Ale, from Wychwood Breweries.

http://www.wychwood.co.uk/index.html

I had the chance to try the draught version in Bath, England, some 6 years ago, and let me tell you...the taste is out of this world. Nothing to do with pilsner or even lesser ales. Simply superior.

Sadly it seems they have sort of downgraded it: nowadays it's only "strong" instead of "extra strong", and I'd swear it had more than 5.5% back in 2000. What I can say for sure is that, even though I am rather a heavy drinker, I used to get dizzy by the time I had downed my second pint, which is rather unusual in my case.

If you can find it bottled, buy it. If you are lucky enough to enjoy a draught of Hobgoblin...I envy you!
I gave my father a "Beers From Around The World" pack for Christmas and there was a bottle of this beer in it. He drank it on a night I wasn't around to sample it, but he said that its always been a top beer for him. Your post has made me even more intrigued to try it.

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
I gave my father a "Beers From Around The World" pack for Christmas and there was a bottle of this beer in it. He drank it on a night I wasn't around to sample it, but he said that its always been a top beer for him. Your post has made me even more intrigued to try it.

Happy to have picqued your interest. May you enjoy it!

:buttrock:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I don't drink too many mico brews or too much beer in general but I drink Blue Moon when available and Coors Light when not.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Carlsberg Elephant. It has a nice high (relatively) proof to it, and it also tastes good/drinks smooth. The alcohol content is actually high enough that it's considered a malt liquor, I think.

Last edited:

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Just going to add another recommendation here for Troegs Nut Brown. Fantastic beer. If it was more widely available, I'd drink it every day.

aria

Former Moderator
Just wanted to add one more:

Quilmes (Argentina)

Tasty stuff. Very refreshing.

Quilmes.JPG

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Just had my first Hoegaarden...

DELICIOUS