NG.com Beer Thread/Beer Discussion

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do you like beer? Of course you do.

So lets talk about beer.

Sure we have the weekly Booze threads, but...thats akin to the Weekly Check/What Have you been playing? thread.

So, as far as beer is concerned:

What is your favorite Beer?
What beer do you drink most often?
What's your favorite "cheap" beer?
Any good local breweries near you?
Do you brew your own beer?

And i'm sure there are other things we can discuss beer wise too.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
For some reason, a Corona w/lime and a pinch of salt is my favorite drink to go along with a meal. Love that shit, it tastes good and it enhances the taste of everything that I eat with it.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Actually I am drinking one of my absolute favorite beers right now....

NEWCASTLE: Brown Ale

It is pure happiness :buttrock:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
GT40PWR said:
Actually I am drinking one of my absolute favorite beers right now....

NEWCASTLE: Brown Ale

It is pure happiness :buttrock:

Nice. I like newcastle, but my new english love is: Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. I just tried Samuel Smith Imperial Stout last week. For being 7% Alcohol it was really smooth, the color of the beer was great - it was the same color as coke.

As far as Corona is concerned - I do prefer it with a lime. It's something I drink from time to time. Really nice on a hot summer day to sit outside with on and kick back. Corona is one of the few beers I could probably drink warm.

Tecate is another mexican beer that i really enjoy.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Lagduf said:
So, as far as beer is concerned:

Guinness Draught
Guinness Draught
Hornsby's Crisp Apple Hard Cider (even though its a dollar less than Guinness)
Not really.
Nope.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
Guinness Draught
Guinness Draught
Hornsby's Crisp Apple Hard Cider (even though its a dollar less than Guinness)
Not really.
Nope.

I suppose I should answer the questions I posed in my own thread:

1. Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout

2. Killians Irish Red or other Domestics (High Life, MGD, Budweiser), i've been trying to get new stuff everytime I buy beer so, I havent settled in with one beer yet. My choices are limited when i go to the bars downtown, so i suppose these beers are the ones i technically drink the most of.

3. Miller High Life

4. The Boulevard Brewing Company out of KC, MO is pretty popular around here. There stuff isn't the best, but better then the big name brands I think. We also have a lot of other breweries in STL that im just discovering.

5. I dont brew my own beer, but my roomate does. And i'm jealous. His last beer was delicious.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
As far as Corona is concerned - I do prefer it with a lime. It's something I drink from time to time. Really nice on a hot summer day to sit outside with on and kick back. Corona is one of the few beers I could probably drink warm.

I don't know about the drinking it warm part, but hell yes! :buttrock:

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
My two favorite beers that I drink regularly:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Pilsener Urquell

The first is a very hoppy and full bodied ale, the second is a super clean, crisp, easy to quaff pilsener.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Tend to sample many different tasty malted beverages, but on current (and constant) circulation are:

Yuengling Lager
Troegs Nut Brown
Newcastle
Smithwicks

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Been drinking Czechvar lately, it's the cheapest beer you can find around here and also the best. Great lager. Dutch lagers are also the shit, Eindhoven is another inexpensive blessing to have in local stores.

I'm really into the heartier darker stuff like above but I'm not at all fond of motor oil like Guinness.

Also Fat Tire is one of the best beers I've ever had.

Buro Destruct

shirt said:
Been drinking Czechvar lately, it's the cheapest beer you can find around here and also the best. Great lager. Dutch lagers are also the shit, Eindhoven is another inexpensive blessing to have in local stores.

I'm really into the heartier darker stuff like above but I'm not at all fond of motor oil like Guinness.

Also Fat Tire is one of the best beers I've ever had.
Fat Tire is a great beer too. Goes well with ice cream. I'm weird, yes.

And for whatever reason, Arrogant Bastard Ale is HORRIBLE to me. It was supposed to be better than most.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
STONE IPA RUINATION ALE.

ruination.jpg

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Heineken on the rare occasion I drink beer.

And FUCKING Sapporo when I eat sushi, fuck.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Buro Destruct said:
Fat Tire is a great beer too. Goes well with ice cream. I'm weird, yes.

And for whatever reason, Arrogant Bastard Ale is HORRIBLE to me. It was supposed to be better than most.

Yeah, Arrogant Bastard is disgusting. Strangely enough I've actually had it quite a bit throughout the years, but the high alcohol content is no longer any consolation.

Somewhat relevant, recently I tried pouring freezing cold syrupy Jagermeister on ice cream. Not bad.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I like brown or stout beers. The pilsners and IPAs taste nasty to me. Horrible. Went to the Czech Republic about 9 years ago and had Pilsner Urquel in it's homeland and couldn't down more than 2 pints. Yuck. As for specific beers I like, Negro Modelo, Newcastle, and the occasional Sierra Nevada or Bass Ale.

Fav cheap beer would be Dos Equis or maybe Corona. Face it, Corona is a cheap beer. Bud, MGD, etc are just piss water.

As for local breweries, it's Northern California. You can't drink anything else here. And there are some damn good ones. The last Friday of every month is a open house of sorts by this place called Devil's Canyon Brewery. They are a little collective that brews and sells beer to local restaurants and on those Friday's it $2 draughts all night. Good times.

Never brewed myself, but my grad school labmate of 4 years did. Damn good shit. Anytime he had a keg ready he'd have a party and we'd drink and grill sausage all night ( :emb: )

Buro Destruct

shirt said:
Yeah, Arrogant Bastard is disgusting. Strangely enough I've actually had it quite a bit throughout the years, but the high alcohol content is no longer any consolation.

Somewhat relevant, recently I tried pouring freezing cold syrupy Jagermeister on ice cream. Not bad.
LOL, that sounds like a blast.

Last night was Jagermeister + Goldschlager + Maple Syrup in a shot glass.

If you ever wanted to "shoot" Christmas, try this combination next time, you'll be having flashes of log cabins, flannel shirts, and Aunt Jemima before long.

Thanks to KA for the idea, he's apparently a mixmaster of drinks.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member

Too hard to say.

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is obscenely delicious, but I find it hard to drink in large quanities -- good for a nightcap or after a long work day.

Allagash Tripel Reserve is a well-balanced Belgian-style Ale (although it finishes too fruity), but it's a tad pricey ($6.00 a bottle here) and easy to drink too much of.

Never been the biggest Guinness fan, but I've always loved their North American Extra Stout version -- really nice and thick, sort of perks you up on a cold Winter night.

Bah... I could go on and on.

Let's just say I have a lot of favorites... OK?

Samuel Adams Boston Lager is my regular drink (I'm a Bostonian at heart.)

But since I basically buy and try all sorts of different brews (it's a hobby), I suppose my regular is also "miscellaneous."

Colt 45 40oz'ers

I live in Massachusetts... there's too many to list really.

Just drink it.

Happily.

Last edited:

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
They're forcing me to drink Hefeweizen and Stella. Woe is me.

Buro Destruct

10170.gif

Jesus H Christ on a stick is this beer good. I tried it for the first time tonight and my only regret was purchasing just one meager bottle.

Fucking wow.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
What is your favorite Beer? A tie between Kirin Ichiban and Amber Rock. (I love the sweet taste of Amber Rock)
What beer do you drink most often? Corona and Bud Lite. (Because these are the two beers most commonly seen at parties)
What's your favorite "cheap" beer? Corona.
Any good local breweries near you? Not sure.
Do you brew your own beer? Nope but my uncle does.

I thought I would add that my least favortie beer is the Korean beer "Hite" that stuff is terrible in my opinion.

What is your favorite Beer? MGD, Sam Adams and local microbrews out of New England
What beer do you drink most often? Busch lite because it tastes good for the price/calories.
What's your favorite "cheap" beer? Busch
Any good local breweries near you? No
Do you brew your own beer? No but I want to try.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
My faves? Kilkenny, Guinness (draught only), Leffe, Hoegarden, Warsteiner

Drink the most? Warsteiner

Best cheap? Warsteiner (sold real cheap around here, by our liquor price standards)

Good brewery? I live a block from a fantastic brew pub. Envy me! :D

Brew myself? No, but one day, son. One day.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,

Tie between Sapporo Gold Reserve and 1554

See above

PBR baby!!

Any good local breweries near you? Nimbus Brewery

Do you brew your own beer? No

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I can no longer drink regular beer on account of being celiac, but when I used to drink my favourite was Newcastle Brown. oh and I almost forgot - used to love a Miller from time to time.
the nicest I've ever had was at a pub with a friend who got me a Guiness with some blackberry syrup or something mixed in. it was delicious.
living in Argentina for the past couple of years it's been mostly Quilmes (until I found out I had this condition), which is the most popular beer here and I bet more than a few of you would enjoy it.

anyway, thank god they've invented beer that isn't made from stuff that will devestate me. it's expensive and it doesn't taste too nice cold, but at room temperature El Bolson beer (made from corn) is lovely and hits the spot. it sounds weird but it's suprisingly good.
*looks up at the ceiling and whispers 'thank you!'*

Last edited:

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
the bars here have a much larger microbrew audience than back east, which is fine, but i still like cheap beer most of the time.

bud light for getting drunk just because it's easy to drink.
newcastle is awesome tasting but i don't get much of a buzz from it.
split a few pitchers of this bridgeport ipa that was pretty nice at a pub the other week.