How much would you pay....

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
For a new hyper rev 2 with a new game?

Just wondering before I plunge into my pocket for one...thanks

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I am looking at getting one in the coming months and I would say not more than $180.00 shipped with complete game.

GAMEFAN

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I want to get a kit from a guy on ebay in the U.K. , but don’t know how much it is for shipping to the U.S. , he hasn’t answered my email yet about it.....so I just wanted an idea. I want to get this thing ASAP, I have that snk bug on my back again...time to diversify some though

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Was it Vektorlogic? He did me a great deal, Brand New Rev 2 mobo, plus Warriors Rage, Buriki one and FF wild ambition kits all for £125, Everything was mint and factory fresh. :)

He does single game and mobo packs for like £60, thats a good deal in my opinion :buttrock:

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
How much it’s that in US currency?? I got one Rev. 2 from ebay with all 4 fighting games a long time ago for near $300.00 :blow_top: and I bought another one here at the forums for a quarter the price I paid at ebay… :eek:

Anyways I got two Rev.2 laying around the one I bought at ebay I got it for back-up purposes and I use the one I bought here to play sometimes. ;)

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
beh3moth said:
Was it Vektorlogic? He did me a great deal, Brand New Rev 2 mobo, plus Warriors Rage, Buriki one and FF wild ambition kits all for £125, Everything was mint and factory fresh. :)

He does single game and mobo packs for like £60, thats a good deal in my opinion :buttrock:

yeah, he apparently has quite a few of them up for sale.
Has anyone shipped something that weight and size to or from the UK?

For some reason I still don't have a reply from the guy himself about it....I would buy it this second if he would give a total price with shipping.

I'm only getting a single game with mobo... I'm thinking I would only want 3 out of 4 max...and FF isn't one of them.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Call him, his office number is...

+44 (0)1642 675533

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I don't even want to know how much per minute it is to call from my cell phone here... I know I cant from my office line, at least I would "hear about it" later....

I tried using the 6kg weight he listed, and use the international datapost web site to get an estimate. If I did it right...its looking like its way too much to make it worth while for me. I was showing around 80-100 US dollars

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Konig said:
I don't even want to know how much per minute it is to call from my cell phone here... I know I cant from my office line, at least I would "hear about it" later....

I tried using the 6kg weight he listed, and use the international datapost web site to get an estimate. If I did it right...its looking like its way too much to make it worth while for me. I was showing around 80-100 US dollars

That shipping estimate is accurate. A friend of mine ordered a rev 2, buriki one kit, ss1 kit, ss2 kit and ff:wa kit for slightly more than that sum.

The deal is worth it if you want all 4 games. Otherwise it would be easier to buy the board/games here or on ebay.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Konig said:

I bought two loose H64 carts from Jeff through eBay (FFWA and SS, I already had B1 and SSWA), and I think I remember paying about $26 each for shipping, so $52 total for shipping, I think. So yeah, I would say that $80-$100 for the mobo (it's huge) and 2-4 carts is about right.

BTW, Jeff/Vektorlogik was extremely responsive when I ordered from him. Quick responses to e-mails, and the carts only took about 10 days to get to me (faster than usual for shipping from the UK in my experience). Other members have had a harder time getting in touch with him, though. Also, I think he's a member here, don't know how often he reads PMs.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
Well that 6 kg weight for one Mobo and 1 game kit. Just seems a bit high... I would be paying about 210 for it shipped... which isnt horrible...but I was more comfortable with the 170 area.... dont know if its worth it at 210+

I sent him another email... hopefully he will respond soon.... the bug is biting harder every day :annoyed:

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
the stuff weighs a lot, add to that packaging etc, its quite a bit.

Lucky for me i live in the UK, so the postage was pretty cheap. Next day delivery too!

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
kernow said:
so tempting but must resist :(

Don't be stupid, you slate it usually. How you've changed. MVS carts with original labels, an xbox full of ROMs and now you want a Hyper 64. ¬_¬ How long til you want a PSP?

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
still no reply, I'm not buying anything from a guy who wont answer emails. I literally tell him that I will buy a setup as soon as he replies....and nothing....oh well...guess thats why he has so many

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
so tense

shut up joe

stop posting from work :p

J0e Musashi said:
Don't be stupid, you slate it usually. How you've changed. MVS carts with original labels, an xbox full of ROMs and now you want a Hyper 64. ¬_¬ How long til you want a PSP?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Konig said:
still no reply, I'm not buying anything from a guy who wont answer emails. I literally tell him that I will buy a setup as soon as he replies....and nothing....oh well...guess thats why he has so many

Hard to argue with that. I would suggest posting a wanted thread for the mobo and the carts. I've seen more of them change hands on here than I would have expected.

It's a pretty damn fun little niche hardware, too. You'll be glad you got one when you find it!

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
Yeah, SNK in general is a niche IMO. I for some reason kind of forgot about the hyper once I dove head first into my MVS cab. I want a new one if at all possible since they are around still. Plus the 3d fighters are what some of my friends like....this will sucker them into playing a "version" of my "old crusty fighters" as they call them.

kids.... I tell ya, no respect :rolleyes:

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
oceanfrr said:
dont know about a 100

I'm so into Buriki one at the moment, i would have easily paid $300 for a rev 2 mob and the game, its really that good IMO :mr_t:

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
well he got back to me, looks to be about 85 bucks from his shop to here.
he said if he can get some US orders back to back then he would fly here and ship from the east coast. It seems odd, but he says he did it before recently and it worked out good.

I don't know...Im cool with 160....but 200 is kind of pushing it for what it is. I noticed all you guys like that Buriki game.... I may have to get that too at some point.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've been looking at his new Hyper boards on ebay, and yes, it is very difficult to avoid the temptation. However, at that shipping cost, no way. Stuff in Europe generally sucks for shipping and exchange rate. Any way, I have to keep reminding myself that I don't need it. I don't want to make an arcade PCB collector out of myself, and I've already played all the fighting games for the Hyper. They were mostly good, but I can see how if I had it I wouldn't use it very much. I have to remember that the couple hours I've already gotten with them was enough to last me. (They should have released them for Dreamcast.) I like Neo Geo as a game home console, really, so my consolized 2-slot is plenty -- I will stop there. I don't want to become one of those people with boards, cabinets and super guns laying all over my house so people come over and think I'm a huge arcade dork.