Metal Slug mobile games

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
I've sent an e-mail with some questions to I-Play yesterday and they've said that Metal Slug Mobile Impact for cellphones should be released in the next 30 days. The same should apply to The King of Fighters M2 for cellphones, unless I-Play is planning something else with it.

Next, I spotted something very interesting while surfing the 'net. Refer to the image below;

2005-10-22_mslug2mbl_unofficial.gif

It looks like a Chinese-published Metal Slug game for cellphones. That one runs on Nokia s40 models. It's probably never going to be sold in other countries other than Chinese-controlled provinces, so it might be worth grabbing if you have a Nokia s40, or just to see how fucked up the game is by using the mpowerplayer link that's on the downloads page.

I tried it, but the controls are really fucked down to the last binary of the game. I can't even figure out how to fire the cannon.

Notice how it says "METUL SLUG" in the main title. :lol:

And since there haven't been any sort of news or announcements regarding this game from SNK Playmore, I'm suspecting that this might be an unauthorized and/or unlicensed franchise.

That concludes my news report for today. This is enomosiki from MSDB news, signing off.

//commercial break//

Last edited:

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
rodolfocm said:
Metul Slug? :oh_no:

Yup. That's how the Chinese get past copyrights; intentionally misspell letters within a trademark or a logo.

I know for one that Samsung had their cellphones illegally manufactured in China that had logo with a typo that read "SAMSUMG". They did it in order to fool the unknowing customers into believing that it's a Samsung-brand phone, because most people in China can't read English and are not able to quickly distinguish between the letters N and M.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Hahaha, I got that KOF M2 game... It's different... Okay, it sucks pretty bad. You're Terry and you fight against other KOF characters. You can't choose anybody different. You are Terry and that's that. I only played it for a few minutes, because the novelty wore off very quickly and then it was just a terrible gaming experience. Like, 5 was move left, 6 is right. Another button performs special moves and if you block a special, you can do a desperation move. It makes me shudder just thinking about it... Ugh...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remember an era where cell phones were used just for talking. And of course, back then having a game of Snake on there was cool beans, too.

I can't imagine having to learn how to control more complex games (especially fighters) on freakin' cell phones.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yeah, I remember that time too... I kinda miss those days cause 95% of cell phone games are so homeless :P. Although, I do have puzzle bobble on my phone... and that translated quite nicely for a cell phone game.

I want to try that MS mobile game, but I know it will suck like it's goin' outta style. Anybody got it yet?