### Post your PIC - Official Thread ###

the true test in metro sexuality is how much money have you spent on designer clothing. haircuts are nice but its not gonna cut it if you show up in baggy dickies and xl polo shirt.

Formation Z

Amusaka's Lacky
32432.jpg

Yo.

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
melchia said:
Why should I admit something, which I don't really care enough about to compare myself to. 'Normal' and 'dysfunctional' are relative terms. For some, 'normal' is perceived as an inherent characteristic of popular culture. For others, normal might be defined by a religious doctrine. Even various schools of psychology cannot come to a complete agreement on how these sorts of terms are defined. If agreement on this term cannot be definitively reached, how can we assume a definitive knowledge of 'dysfuntion?'

I never used the term "normal" for a reason: extraordinary intelligence, beauty, or success are not normal but desirable. When I say deficient, I mean something is of below average desirability. When I say dysfunctional, I mean functioning poorly. What is funtioning poorly? It is functioning in a self-destructive way or functioning in a way which is counter-productive to the long-term happiness or fulfillment of the individual. It is true that there is disagreement over this, but I personally ascribe to the Aristotelian view, which I believe is the most correct one (viewing function as the fulfillment of a thing's potentiality).

melchia said:
I do know that popular culture (as I perceive it) is not something I am overly concerned with fitting into. This is not because I think it is "cool to be different." It is because as human beings, we learn from the experiences of our lives. We all deal with shitty situations (some of us deal with more than others) from time to time. However, if we spend too much time dwelling on the negative, it is easy to slip into depressed states and stay there. When such negative situations come our way, is imperative that we (figuratively) get up and dust ourselves off and make honest attempts to enjoy our lives, without being overly concerned with what others think of us.

I too am pretty unconcerned about fitting into popular culture; I'm on these forums, aren't I? It is true that we learn from our experiences, and are also conditioned by them, so they shape who we are to a large extent.

melchia said:
With that said, yeah I've had fucked up shit come my way, and I've learned from those instances. Of course, they have shaped how I deal with the world around me. I don't waste time pining for things I cannot have, and I work very hard to get the things I know I can. To be honest, I'm probably self-sufficient to a fault.

I do not know your definition of 'dysfunctional' but the tone in your post made it seem very likely that I am someone you would consider 'dysfunctional.' Whatever the case may be, I have stated (very broadly) how I see things. If you don't like it, that's not my problem, as I am not here to please you.

I was just curious to know if you are dysfunctional because I have a social theory which has never been unapplicable to anyone I've encountered. My social theory is that people marginalize themselves into areas in which they feel capable of competing based on their self-perceived level of deficiency. The primary determinant among adolescents is physical appearance because it is the most primitive basis on which to value someone. So there can be an extraordinarily beautiful female anime nerd- I like to call this a chimera but it can exist- but if she's marginalized herself into being an anime nerd and isn't physically deficient, there's over a 99% chance she's emotionally or socially deficient.

Speaking for myself, I've gone through some hard times, though surely not as hard as some people, and having an immoderate temperament which might borderline on being mildly bipolar exacerbated these negative experiences and my reactions to them. I've gone through different phases during my development, but only could really overcome this self-marginalization once aware of it. At one point in high school I was an anime nerd, even though I was not physically or mentally deficient, because I was emotionally dysfunctional due to how I coped with some of the negative circumstances and experiences in my life. At this point I feel I have the benefit of seeking out an interesting and intellectual life without marginalizing myself, but only because I became aware of this.

So I don't really emotionally like or dislike your response, so there's no need to be defensive about it. I was really just curious.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
Turrican_Man said:
I was just curious to know if you are dysfunctional because I have a social theory which has never been unapplicable to anyone I've encountered. My social theory is that people marginalize themselves into areas in which they feel capable of competing based on their self-perceived level of deficiency. The primary determinant among adolescents is physical appearance because it is the most primitive basis on which to value someone. So there can be an extraordinarily beautiful female anime nerd- I like to call this a chimera but it can exist- but if she's marginalized herself into being an anime nerd and isn't physically deficient, there's over a 99% chance she's emotionally or socially deficient.

Well, consider this...what if I didn't seek this site out? What if someone whose opinion I value very highly and who knew I enjoy video games introduced me to this site because he thought I might enjoy the conversation found herein?

Now realize that that is exactly how I was introduced to this place. I was not looking for acceptance. It's much simpler than that. To be honest, I enjoy intelligent argument and wit, so this place is pretty apealing to me (with a few exceptions here and there).

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
thischarmingman said:
the true test in metro sexuality is how much money have you spent on designer clothing. haircuts are nice but its not gonna cut it if you show up in baggy dickies and xl polo shirt.

i hate the assumption that "stylish" or "style conscious" automatically equates metrosexuality. metrosexuallity is just as much in your attitude as it is in the way that you dress yourself.

btw: there's no way i'm reading that huge thread in the warroom on the subject.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
beatifik said:
i hate the assumption that "stylish" or "style conscious" automatically equates metrosexuality. metrosexuallity is just as much in your attitude as it is in the way that you dress yourself.

Oh, that huge thread in the war room stopped being about metros after about page 2.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
beatifik said:

You fucking better. Theres some good material in there.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
you asked for it ... now deal with it :

2005_oktober_01.jpg
2005_oktober_02.jpg

just realized that the last pic i posted (member gallery) is almost 3.5 years old.

btw, i hope being sick and therefor on antibiotics is a good enough excuse. :annoyed:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
supergoose79 said:

2005_oktober_01.jpg
2005_oktober_02.jpg

just realized that the last pic i posted (member gallery) is almost 3.5 years old.

btw, i hope being sick and therefor on antibiotics is a good enough excuse. :annoyed:

Whats your excuse for the turtle neck?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
skot said:
you all wish you were as metro as me.
I made that wish and this is what happend to me...you'll be hearing from my lawyer.
limopic.jpg

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
I made that wish and this is what happend to me...you'll be hearing from my lawyer.
limopic.jpg

I hope youre the one on the left. God I hope so.

EDIT: supergoose: ah, well thats a pretty good excuse.......

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
melchia said:
Well, shit...your hair is longer than mine...
be glad, really. it can look good, but i found mine to be seriously annoying at times. at first, i didn't really want to have it cut, but now i'm happy with the current lenght. washing it only takes half the time now and it also looks way healthier.

here's a pic that was taken by my dad, the night before i had it cut (just over a year ago) :

summer_of_2004.jpg

IndeX

Banned
melchia said:
Well, consider this...what if I didn't seek this site out? What if someone whose opinion I value very highly and who knew I enjoy video games introduced me to this site because he thought I might enjoy the conversation found herein?

Now realize that that is exactly how I was introduced to this place. I was not looking for acceptance. It's much simpler than that. To be honest, I enjoy intelligent argument and wit, so this place is pretty apealing to me (with a few exceptions here and there).

you have nice breasts.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
supergoose79 said:

2005_oktober_01.jpg
2005_oktober_02.jpg

OK, thats it!

With Mushiki, Falk and skot... I think I'm turning homosexual...

And Abasuto just made it 1000x worse!

Melchia needs to put up a nudie or I'll be overwhelmed!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
TonK said:
With Mushiki, Falk and skot... I think I'm turning homosexual...
lol, what?
i'm only interested in 'milf's and currently have a crush on my 36 year old, female boss.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
supergoose79 said:

2005_oktober_01.jpg
2005_oktober_02.jpg

Falk,

You look like you should be a Movie Actor. Somewhere along the lines of Anthony Hopkins, Robert DiNero ..etc. A more respected and serious actor. Not one of those fly by night comedy actors. No disrespect intended. You just seem to have that persona shine through in your picture.

Phillip

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
dunno what to say, really. i hardly ever posted pics of myself and it's already at least the 4th or 5th time that i was compared to movie actors. to be perfectly honest, i always thought i looked like shit and could never really handle too much attention in public. getting used to working at the counter of our bk store was really hard for me and to this day, i prefer to to the harder work in the kitchen or fix things, since i know more about the whole building itself than most of my co-workers.

strange ...

if all goes well at uni, i might become some sort of an economics teacher, tho ...

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
There's no way in hell I can compete with you sexy bastards.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
supergoose79 said:
lol, what?
i'm only interested in 'milf's and currently have a crush on my 36 year old, female boss.

I'll track you right the fuck down...

My cock WILL detect you...

WOW, hot flash... gotta go!