### Post your PIC - Official Thread ###

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
You still have that framed picture in the back? Curious as to what it is. Can't see from the glare on the plastic.

3406b6aaf97ccfce0a863bafe8e7203c.jpg

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My son beat metal slug for the first time tonight. :)
20151123_192138_zps5ggndvks.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The Saturn version gives you 5 credits, but you can always continue fresh as player 2 with five more credits. I'm a scumbag

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I can get to the last level on one, maybe 2 credits. It's all downhill after that.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
How many credits did it take? I think it still takes me about $4 worth.

I don't know. I bet it was a lot though. Sometimes he just gets caught up looking at all of the stuff going on in the game. Then I'll look over and his guy is running into the corner or something, lol. He's 3 and just pretty much blasts and runs. He's still learning how to time jumps etc, which is why he likes MS1 over MSX.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I don't know. I bet it was a lot though. Sometimes he just gets caught up looking at all of the stuff going on in the game. Then I'll look over and his guy is running into the corner or something, lol. He's 3 and just pretty much blasts and runs. He's still learning how to time jumps etc, which is why he likes MS1 over MSX.

Where does he stand on the 2>X issue? Actually can you just get him his own account here? He can become forum buddies with Sherlin's kid.

miisalo

Astra Superstar

We beat the MS with my kid with about 24-28 credits :D

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
We beat the MS with my kid with about 24-28 credits :D

That's awesome! next time we play through I'll have to remember to look. He was so excited we both kind of speed paying attention.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Thats not a D with some fancy/unnecessary muting fingers?

A traditional D chord would be lower on the fretboard. The middle and pinky finger aren't even on any frets, really. They're ambiguously on top of the actual fretwire, which would work if he was playing harmonics, but that picking hand doesn't look like it.

I remember doing the same thing as a kid --posing for a picture, trying to make my fretting hand look as complicated as possible. I just thought it was funny to point it out, because I knew that's exactly what he was doing.

Anybody else who wants to pose with their guitar, I highly recommend this C#min9 voicing (it looks dope, and sounds pretty rad, too):

Code:
E--0--
B--0--
G--8--
D--6--
A--4--
E-----

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
one time when i was 15 or 16 i made a video of me pretending to play Slayer (i just put on Raining Blood or some shit in the background) and i got some h8 it was awesome

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looking good, man.

What are those cards on top of the cabinets?

Most likely Machine High Score Record holders name and score. Most of the old arcades I used to go to as a kid would do this, and if you beat the high score you would get like $10 worth of free tokens.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Most likely Machine High Score Record holders name and score. Most of the old arcades I used to go to as a kid would do this, and if you beat the high score you would get like $10 worth of free tokens.

Bingo...

It has arcade record holders/date and world record holders/date.

Some fella was making a record attempt to beat Turtles: Arcade Game right as I was leaving...had his little camera set up on a tripod...

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Ya, unfortunately what galloping ghost labels as 'World Record' usually isn't. They don't take into consideration Japanese scores or scores posted on forums that are backed up with footage etc... Nothing against them, I think the place is great.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Ya, unfortunately what galloping ghost labels as 'World Record' usually isn't. They don't take into consideration Japanese scores or scores posted on forums that are backed up with footage etc... Nothing against them, I think the place is great.

On that side note...I find the entire world of competitive arcade game scores to be humorous at best.

Again...I guess I shouldn't be one to judge, but it all just seems silly. I watched some greasy, overweight goofball set up his little camera on a tripod and begin the "process" for attempting a record on TMNT: the arcade game. He waddled in on Sat when we were getting ready to leave. I found the entire thing to be insanely pointless...

I have long played games for fun...and only for fun. If they aren't fun, I don't play them. Life is too shitty, and boring, and frustrating to have my hobbies be even more frustrating. I play games to escape and relax...not stress out even more. Setting a scoring record on an arcade game seems like a completely miserable experience.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i mean honestly tho how else do you expect him to do it

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Again...I guess I shouldn't be one to judge, but it all just seems silly. I watched some greasy, overweight goofball set up his little camera on a tripod and begin the "process" for attempting a record on TMNT: the arcade game. He waddled in on Sat when we were getting ready to leave. I found the entire thing to be insanely pointless...

If you really wanted to piss him off, you've should've pressed start on one of the other players and played for a bit. He would've had to do the run all over again.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
If you really wanted to piss him off, you've should've pressed start on one of the other players and played for a bit. He would've had to do the run all over again.
lmao

"Hi friend! I sure do love the community environment of the good ol' arcade, don't you!?"

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Hidden Character, myself, and Retrogamer at a mini-meetup in Miami. Two of the classiest gentlemen I have ever met.

image.jpeg

Last edited: