Atomiswave Shock Box for Battle Coliseum

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
8man said:

I custom designed many of the inserts shown ...
took hours/days of Illustrator/Photoshop work.

I simplified the logos on the spine and the lower front.
(shown at 500 pixels wide)

Everything looks great but you know that or else you wouldn't post pics, etc.

Do you intend on making your work public or is this purely a private venture?

Just curious as I have yet to see any of the stuff you posted available for others and I'm not saying you need to either. It just seems that some people are getting jazzed up for their own collections based on a belief that they will be able to use your designs.​

8man

Administrator
NeoCverA said:
Do you intend on making your work public or is this purely a private venture?

Hey NeoCverA,

That's a good question...

Right now, I'm creating the inserts (Atomiswave and Neo MVS) for my private collection. I have already redesigned all my MVS inserts: Cleaned up the Neo Geo logos on the spine and front of the insert, cleaned up the game logo on the spine, and made all the Meg counts consistent (same font and size). And they all look sharp! My collection of MVS inserts are the BEST!

So, to answer your question ...

Right now, this is for my private collection. If everything goes well, the designs will be "Free" and I may begin an in-house printing service for the Neo Geo MVS and Atomiswave inserts (that will fit BB's shock boxes).

The service will include fees for printing the inserts, cutting, and shipping to the recipient. As always, the insert itself will be free. And, you will get the BEST quality insert available!

8man

Here's a picture of my MVS Overtop

overtop.jpg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Is the back of your Over Top cover in traditional NGH format? The four screenshots?
-BB

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
'Overtop!' looks nice, I couldn't find decent artwork when I made my insert...

Cheers,
Ben

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
Granted, these are your own creations and really you have every right not to share them if you don't want to, but I really don't see what the point is of showing off photos of your work to a bunch of Shock Box insert designers and not sharing them. If hosting were the problem, I'm sure NeoCverA or loopyeddie could help you out. Really, while your inserts do indeed look very nice, I doubt that many people would be very interested in buying them from you, if that would be the only way you would consider making them available. I'm just saying so because, considering that there are tons of people here who make their Shock Box inserts available for others at no cost (other than their chosen method of printing), keeping what you've obviously spent a lot of time working on just for yourself seems, well... a bit odd.

8man

Administrator
When I said things go well, I meant that in a good way...

I'm trying to start-up a hosting service account with Costco early in 2006.
if that doesn't work, maybe Loopyeddie could help out =)

Definitely the inserts will be Free!

I know when I started looking for inserts a few years ago,
it was really hard to find them. Loopyeddie came through
and has the best collection of inserts available.

I wish I had Loopyeddie's site as a reference a few years back.

Anyway, I know that a few years ago, I wish I could just order
a printed insert and be done with it. I didn't want to have to
download an insert, unrar/unzip it, clean it up, bring the files to Kinkos,
wait 2 days, complain about the color matching,
cut the inserts and then put them in a Shock Box.

I'm trying to help people out by providing a service to get this done.
They just click an insert they like and order it!

My fees won't be high, just trying to help!
(You don't have to use my printing service)

8man

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Neon_Sonic said:
Granted, these are your own creations and really you have every right not to share them if you don't want to, but I really don't see what the point is of showing off photos of your work to a bunch of Shock Box insert designers and not sharing them. If hosting were the problem, I'm sure NeoCverA or loopyeddie could help you out. Really, while your inserts do indeed look very nice, I doubt that many people would be very interested in buying them from you, if that would be the only way you would consider making them available. I'm just saying so because, considering that there are tons of people here who make their Shock Box inserts available for others at no cost (other than their chosen method of printing), keeping what you've obviously spent a lot of time working on just for yourself seems, well... a bit odd.
I disagree with the above. Anything provided free for download is a privilege,not a right.
I know and have known plenty of people who have created their own covers and not shared with the public (still looking for the poochi&Nyaa group shot illustartion), they haven't even shared with me :D and I don't have a problem with that at all however I do enjoy seeing the work because it provides different perspectives,ideas.etc.

-BB

Last edited:

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
BIG BEAR said:
I disagree with the above. Anything provided free for download is a privilege,not a right.
I know and have known plenty of people who have created their own covers and not shared with the public (still looking for the poochi&Nyaa group shot illustartion), they haven't even shared with me :D and I don't have a problem with that at all however I do enjoy seeing the work because it provides different perspectives,ideas.etc.

-BB

BB,

I believe I have the P&N artwork available.

LMK if you need it,
Kpj

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Is it like the illustration below?
pinyaa.jpg

The above is a pic from my webpage. I only remember seeing that illustration in B2 format.
ON A SIDE NOTE
I've been waiting a very long tine to receive this large batch of magazines (14 business days) and I am ready to go through the roof!!

Kpj said:
BB,

I believe I have the P&N artwork available.

LMK if you need it,
Kpj

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
BIG BEAR said:
Is it like the illustration below?
pinyaa.jpg

The above is a pic from my webpage. I only remember seeing that illustration in B2 format.
ON A SIDE NOTE
I've been waiting a very long tine to receive this large batch of magazines (14 business days) and I am ready to go through the roof!!

No, that's not the artwork I have on file.

Good luck on your search,
Kpj

8man

Administrator
Metal Slug 6 for Atomiswave is finally HERE!!

I've been waiting forever :D
Below is my custom designed Insert for MS6!!

8man

metalslug6.jpg

NEW Metal Slug 6 Insert for Atomiswave

MetalSlug6AW.jpg