KoF 03 Tourn!!!!!

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Ok,

I set up a tournament for KoF03 for Sep 6th at 9pm. Its maxed at 128 players. Lets try to get all you xbl N-G.com members on there and we can settle who supreme at KoF03. The tournament is under my GamerTag: Methionine! Sign up today!!!! :buttrock:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Dude, that's like tomorrow. Wouldn't it be better to give at least a week's notice? I haven't gotten the game yet, but I plan on getting it some time this week. I'd like to participate in something like this. It'd have to be 2k2 though.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Yeah tomorrow at 9pm cst! Thats plenty of notice. Plus you want to play KoF02...this is for 03.

We can have another tourny after this one and I could set it up with a weeks notice next time. I just wanted to participate in a tournament as I never have before. We have 8 enrolled so far, join up now!!!

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Wes said:
Dude, that's like tomorrow. Wouldn't it be better to give at least a week's notice? I haven't gotten the game yet, but I plan on getting it some time this week. I'd like to participate in something like this. It'd have to be 2k2 though.

grow a pair, 2k3 isn't shit - and 2k2 isn't godly

2k2 is better though, but I'll gladly compete in 2k3 - what time zone is the 9pm?

Kirk

n00b
I think Eastern time.

I joined, I look forward to getting wrecked first round.

Damn JS Doom's Yamazaki...

Edit: My Username is Ginsutrout

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
grow a pair, 2k3 isn't shit - and 2k2 isn't godly

2k2 is better though, but I'll gladly compete in 2k3 - what time zone is the 9pm?

What the fuck does this post mean?

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Wes said:

Eh, nothing against you really

I'm just sick of people being all over 2k2

this kind of comment is all too common:

Wes said:
I'd like to participate in something like this. It'd have to be 2k2 though

Can't you have fun with 2k3? - I'm not godly at either game, but I'm no scrub and while I know 2k2 is a better game, but there is definitely some good stuff to be had in 2k3 as well.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:

Can't you have fun with 2k3? - I'm not godly at either game, but I'm no scrub and while I know 2k2 is a better game, but there is definitely some good stuff to be had in 2k3 as well.

2003 is such a different game compared to 2002. Its such a step down that even comparing the two isnt fair. (KOF assholes will do this anyway, its hard not to)
2003 is fun as a different title completely. The game doesn't feel like a KOF like others do. 2002 as far as I'm concered was the last REALLY good KOF. I've played all the Neo KOF's and own all but 2002, so I've had some fair time with these titles..

The reason people prefer 2002 is that it produces excellent competition and theres tons of variety thats not in 2003. 2003 does also, but its not 2002 intense.

2003 is a good game on its own terms, maybe even excellent, but its not comparable when you scope the differences in play, the newer engine and the somewhat crummy juggling system. Going from 2002 which has almost perfect consistency, to this is a major change.

There seems to be weird detections also. IE: use Kyo and do a fast short hop D. I know this to work on clark in that it crosses him up from the front instead of the vertical sweet spot that makes a cross up a cross up. This weird shit can be annoying at times.

I've played some amazing talent in 2002 myself and a insane amount of matches online to pick up some strategy with chars nobody expect to be useful. I'm one of only a few queers that would use Yamazaki online.

Its really one of those personal things. No offense to you, but you should know where I am coming from if you are on opposite terms regarding these two games, or two other games in the same position. Its like how people complain about Secret of Mana to LOM. (seiken 3 aside) LOM is a wicked game on its own. Once the unfair comparison is introduced, you might as well just stop wasting your words. Its a unfair comparison.

I guess I agree with you then. ;)

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Right as I said, I prefer 2k2

But that won't stop me from competing in 2003

I just hate that snobbish attitude like "I'm above playing this game" that is so commmon

Oh, I hear you on LOM too

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
Right as I said, I prefer 2k2

But that won't stop me from competing in 2003

I just hate that snobbish attitude like "I'm above playing this game" that is so commmon

Oh, I hear you on LOM too

Yeah its cool. My friend firebomber is mad into 2003. We had some fun with that when he was in the US. I think I had verizon at the time.

Online play is so much better then it once was. Man I used to rock 56k with the Kaillera client. Still managed to find some fun, but nothing was consistent for long periods.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:

2k2 is what I know. I'll try to learn 2k3 online, but if I were to get involved with a tournament it'd have to be 2k2. Not because I'm all over it's nuts or anything, but because that's what I know how to play. 2k3 is completely different from 2k2.

Lashujin said:

Wes said:
I'd like to participate in something like this. It'd have to be 2k2 though.

I never said I couldn't have fun with 2k3. I'm just saying I don't know how to play it. I never said there wasn't any good stuff to be had in 2k3 either. You made a lot of blind assumptions on my post that made you look pretty stupid from my end. Hence:

Wes said:

So, you can take your post and shove it square up your ass. See you online, faggot.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
You guys should settle this online, e-thug style. :buttrock:

Post the vids online so that the whole world will know who got pwn3d. :kekeke:

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Wes said:
So, you can take your post and shove it square up your ass. See you online, faggot.

Damn, I'll let it go alright?

I wasn't trying to insult you - just posting my dismay at the lack of love for the 2k3 around here, I thought you were saying something along the lines of "I won't play it because it sucks!" Sorry I misunderstood.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I am getting a 2k3 kit this week

never played it before :o

should be refreshing

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
The nice thing about the XBL 2k3 is that it is so lag free. 2k2 still has some lag and can cause input problems online but 2k3 has none of this. It is actually making me play more 2k3 latley just for that reason. I do prefer 2k2 though overall. I just wish SNKP would have readjusted the online code to match 2k3.