SURPRISE!!! Gai Tendou in kof XI

yes thats it,saw it right now.Gai a guy like joe is in the game,but he is from an strange 3d game that is not well know,at least he is a striker from kof 2000...
Now the question will he be a normal playable character or a mid boss?I hate bosses because you dont play with them,just hope this isn't the case...

One thing:now we can hope that the boomerang guy from Kizuna encounter will really be in the game

http://oldsg.free.fr/hyper_64/buriki_one.jpg

http://www.cyberfanatix.com/img/news/kofxi/gai.jpg

http://2.csx.jp/users/ponpoko/arcade/buriki/buriki_i0041.jpg

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
if he's not playable in the arcade version, he'll be playable in the port

I hope he's not a playable boss, overpowered characters take the fun out of the game

edit: on second thought I doubt I'll be playing this game in the arcade

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Watched UHF so many times when I was a kid.

Red Snapper.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Awesome. Nice to see oddities once in a while. I'm not a huge fan of his, but his 2000 striker was a decent novelty.

Legend_of_joe

Cheng's Errand Boy
not too surprised actually. its kof where all snk characters come to duke it out. it was inevitable. now lets get some more. im still waiting for some waku waku characters.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Legend_of_joe said:
not too surprised actually. its kof where all snk characters come to duke it out. it was inevitable. now lets get some more. im still waiting for some waku waku characters.

Actually I would be suprised. Its seems like lately SNK doesn't want to put old school SNK characters in KOF(which was the point of the series), they'd rather make all of these new fuckin anime influenced metrosexual overly cute bastards in KOF instead.

I'm EXTREMELY suprised.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
SPINMASTER X said:
Actually I would be suprised. Its seems like lately SNK doesn't want to put old school SNK characters in KOF(which was the point of the series), they'd rather make all of these new fuckin anime influenced metrosexual overly cute bastards in KOF instead.

Well, looks like KoF XI is the exception to that rule as classic SNK chars like Duck King and Eiji are already in that game. We could even count the Garou ones in 03 and XI too. Not to mention the shitload of that classic chars in NGBC (which isn't KOF but you get the idea).

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Gai from Buriki One is a nice choice IMO, it's not the first time a 3D chara gets adjusted to a 2D environment, just think of Shiki from Samurai Shodown 64 who appeared in SvC Chaos.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
A nice addition to the roster. I wonder what team he'll be on or if he will be getting his own.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
OrochiEddie said:
A nice addition to the roster. I wonder what team he'll be on or if he will be getting his own.

It'd be nice to get a whole Buriki Team, maybe Gai, Rob, and Takato. That would be sweet.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
RBjakeSpecial said:
Watched UHF so many times when I was a kid.

Red Snapper.

same here!

"IT'S TIME TO DRINK FROM THE FIREHOSE!!!"

but my fave is "Conan the Librairian(bad sp)" ...when he's about to slice the "guy returning his books late" in half, he makes this funny sound that you just have to hear (if anyone can find a way to rip just that sound, i will love you forever.)

"DON'T YOU KNOW THE 'DUEY DECIMAL SYSTEM'!?"

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Legend_of_joe said:

Just FYI, WakuWaku7 it's from Sunsoft, not SNK.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
TemJin3000 said:
same here!

"IT'S TIME TO DRINK FROM THE FIREHOSE!!!"

but my fave is "Conan the Librairian(bad sp)" ...when he's about to slice the "guy returning his books late" in half, he makes this funny sound that you just have to hear (if anyone can find a way to rip just that sound, i will love you forever.)

"DON'T YOU KNOW THE 'DUEY DECIMAL SYSTEM'!?"

That's my favourite bit, but don't forget Ghandhi II :D

"He's back, and this time... HE'S MAD! No more mr passive resistance..."

Hehe, I got the movie on DVD, still watch it from time to time, it's a classic :)

Kaz

ps I might be able to rip the actual clip of Conan The Librarian from the DVD... pm me :P

Last edited:
Kazuya_UK said:

Hehe, I got the movie on DVD, still watch it from time to time, it's a classic :)

Kaz

ps I might be able to rip the actual clip of Conan The Librarian from the DVD... pm me :P
what are you talking about? Conan??

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Orochi TVkun said:
what are you talking about? Conan??

Read earlier in the thread, we were talking about the movie "UHF" an old film starring Weird Al Yankovic.

Sorry, partially my fault for derailing it ;)

Kaz

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Kazuya_UK said:

Kaz

Give me a steak, medium rare...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
Gai from Buriki One is a nice choice IMO, it's not the first time a 3D chara gets adjusted to a 2D environment, just think of Shiki from Samurai Shodown 64 who appeared in SvC Chaos.

Hayato and Jill in the Capcom vs series are the first ones I know of. Shiki came much later.

ANYTHING added to this game is welcomed by me. I really really want Atomiswave hardware. :annoyed:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Spike Spiegel said:
Hayato and Jill in the Capcom vs series are the first ones I know of. Shiki came much later.

ANYTHING added to this game is welcomed by me. I really really want Atomiswave hardware. :annoyed:

Jill Valentine is hardly a fighting game chara though is she, should Jill even count?