Played Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition for the first time...

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I have the PS1 version of this game.
I like it A lot, But now I am hearing that they fucked up the port?
I never played the origonal...What did they fuck up?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
HellioN said:
I have the PS1 version of this game.
I like it A lot, But now I am hearing that they fucked up the port?
I never played the origonal...What did they fuck up?
It's not as fucked up as people are making it sound. The graphics, of course, are a huge step down, especially the backgrounds and the way they relate to the characters. And the audio sounds like you're listening to it through a tin can compared to the original. But if you've been playing the port and these things weren't already bothering you, you should be pretty much fine.

Some of the combos in the original don't work in the port (I've heard), but if you haven't spent a lot of time with the original, there's no real reason that should affect you. I can't think of any other real gameplay differences off hand.

On the plus side, the PS port has the movie, Duck King, and Ryo.

Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
That is why I said "if I might call it that way." ;)
Then I should have said, "You may not!" :glee:

SouthtownKid said:
It's not as fucked up as people are making it sound. The graphics, of course, are a huge step down, especially the backgrounds and the way they relate to the characters. And the audio sounds like you're listening to it through a tin can compared to the original. But if you've been playing the port and these things weren't already bothering you, you should be pretty much fine.

Some of the combos in the original don't work in the port (I've heard), but if you haven't spent a lot of time with the original, there's no real reason that should affect you. I can't think of any other real gameplay differences off hand.

On the plus side, the PS port has the movie, Duck King, and Ryo.

Ditto. People you complain about the PS port of FFWA are the ones who already own or played the original Hyper64 version.

SouthtownKid said:
Then I should have said, "You may not!" :glee:
:lol: I just found out that I was originally talking about Warriors Rage (PS and Hyper64), and you replied with the FFWA comment. And as a dumb ass, I fell for it. :loco:

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
:lol: I just found out that I was originally talking about Warriors Rage (PS and Hyper64), and you replied with the FFWA comment. And as a dumb ass, I fell for it. :loco:
I wondered if that's what you meant, but you said WA... And you were replying to Musolini, who was definitely talking about Wild Ambition:

MUSOLINI said:
played wa on ps1 and it plays a lot closer and directer, like the 2d version. played this game for some time, learning combos and beating game with all charas. (ryo is da man) some 2p action with my little brothers and you are actually a lil right about the playabilety. it does play quite decent with fast controls that are responsive, combos are also godly in this game, from what i can remember. if it looked better and there where a lot more charas in the game, not corny charas like the new old guy but interresting charas. it would have been much better tht way.
Definitely, he was talking about Wild Ambition, because he mentions Ryo...

Sorry but this version that you played is NOT the Hyper64 version of WR! You just played the sequel (if I might call it that way) of WA. The Hyper64 version of WA is much better.
See? But no harm done, except you made me use a smiley... :envy:

SouthtownKid said:
I wondered if that's what you meant, but you said WA... And you were replying to Musolini, who was definitely talking about Wild Ambition:

Definitely, he was talking about Wild Ambition, because he mentions Ryo...

See? But no harm done, except you made me use a smiley... :envy:

Yep, you are right. Musolini was talking about FFWA, but somehow, I replied with Warriors Rage. Honestly, I don't know what made me do it. I probably had Samurai Showdown in my mind after reading a thread about Samurai Showdown Tenka (Funny shit how your subconscience works when you are not paying attention).Then to make things more confusing I typed WA instead of WR twice in my reply to Musolini.:loco:

So you made I valid point, and as a dumb ass I did not pay attention when I replied to it. :p

Oh well, thinks are cleared up now (I hope). At least I got a good LOL out of myself.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
YOh well, thinks are cleared up now (I hope). At least I got a good LOL out of myself.
Yeah, me too. I'm just glad people are talking about these games a little again. I don't want to see this section disappear the way the NGPC section did...