So, How Should I Go About "Moderating"The War Room"? Opinions Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
[EDITOR'S NOTE: This thread shows the evolution of the War Room on this forum to its present state. Previously, the War Room was a Yahoo Club formed as a companion to DolphinLord's old Yahoo Club (the predecessor to this forum). The concept made it to these forums, and DolphinLord was the first and only War Room mod. As things got more hectic, Biomotor and Bobak were added, and finally all mods.]

Hmm, where should I begin with this post? It seems that we have a few issues to address and discuss concerning the "War Room's" future. For starters, I'd like to throw forth a question that I hope all of you who frequent this subdivision of the neo-geo.com forums will answer: Just exactly what sort of "conduct" should be tolerated in the War Room, and which posts should be locked/deleted? . After all, it seems to me that the very nature of the "War Room", as it was originally founded, would be that of a gag forum rife with insults, personal attacks, vulgar language, and generally composed of stuff that simply wouldn't be tolerated in any other section of the forum. In short, such a place would be a dumping ground for all the shitty posts; a place where posts "deemed too stupid for the general populace" are allowed to flourish and "wallow in retardedness". Is this the case? Is this what those of you who frequent this part of the forum want and expect from the "War Room"? If not, I need to know what sort of posts/content stand as grounds for moderation. About 99% of the threads currently active in the War Room would be locked/deleted were they found on just about any other forum on the entire internet, so as you can see, I really don't know at this point how to go about "regulating" this thing... I need the input of everyone who frequents this part of the forum in order to gague how strict or lenient I should be in moderating the War Room's posts. Those of you who know me from my now largely defunct Neo-Geo yahoo club know that I'm generally quite lenient when it comes to regulating post content, but, if the majority of you wish for some strong-armed moderation in this forum, so be it.

After briefly scanning some of the currently active threads, it appears to me that this forum is currently suffering due to a skirmish between two or more "warring" factions. Is this the cause of the War Room's recent "downfall", or is this forum about the same as it has always been? I recall when Billkwando originally founded his Neo-Geo forum's "War Room"; the first Neo-Geo/SNK "War Room" type forum ever created. He asked me what my opinion of such a forum was, and if I remember correctly, I told him that it was an utterly ridiculous idea that would only promote strife and proliferate unneeded, innane garbage posts. Perhaps I was wrong in thinking so, however. There needs to be at least ONE place on a forum such as this that provides provisions for unregistered posting. Having the ability to make unregistered posts is important due to the fact that someone who might otherwise be afraid to express a valid idea or opinion might be able to do so when their "name" isn't attached to whatever point they wish to get across. As such, I do think that the "War Room" can be of use, but perhaps it needs a shift of focus. But, I could be wrong. Perhaps this forum's patrons wish to keep the War Room in its current state: a state of largely unchecked madness. I await your responses and opinions concerning these issues.

Thanks,
David Smith

------------------
fry.gif

DolphinLord: Plaguing the online Neo-Geo scene since 1997.

Visit #SNK on EFnet IRC for SNK/Neo-Geo chat!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kyoisthekof

In my opinion, there is only one typoe of post that should be removed. Posts that are only meant to drive up the members "ranking"...
-Posts that are utterly pointless, such as "testing" posts. .

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
PEDOFILIA SHOULD BE DELETED......
THOMOS NICOL AND CO SHOULD ALL HAVE THEIR POSTS DELETED....

THE WARROOMS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR FIGHTS TO BE DISPUTED, THREATS ETC.....

DRIBBLE DOESNT QUALIFY IN MY BOOKS......
UNREGISTERED IS ABUSED, THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE TO REGISTER....PEOPLE DRIVE UP THEIR RANKING AND POST SHIT ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES "MOMMA"S.......
ITS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH NEO-GEO........BUT YOU KNOW WHAT........THIS PLACE GOING DOWN ANYWAY.......
BECAUSE OF THOSE 4TH GRADERS POSTING......THESE KIDS TALK ABOUT OTHERS "SUCKING THEIR DICK"S....YET THEY ARE TOO YOUNG TO GET IT UP.....AND IF THEY ARE THEY ARE OLD ENOUGH OBVIOUSLY LOOKING FOR HOMOSEXUAL FAVORS.....IF THATS THE CASE, ANOTHER (HOMOSEXUAL) TYPE SITE FOR DATING ETC SHOULLD BE USED BY THEM.......

THESE PEOPLE COULDNT HOLD A DECENT ARGUEMENT TO SAVE THEIR WORTHLESS LIVES, SO WHY KEEP THEM?

TO BE HONEST REGISTERED POSTING SHOULD BE A MUST.......WITH IP ADDRESSES SHOWN......
AT LEAST THAT WAY IF SOMEONE WANTS TO PLAY SMART, THEYLL THINK TWICE, AND ONLY THE REAL WARRERS WILL ENGAGE......

JUST A FEW IDEAS, SEE THEM AS YOU LIKE.....
DEVIL GUI

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
The best thing to do is just close or delete the post that have no point at all like the ones that school kids post here about fucking anoher ones mama and things like that!!!And the ones insulting some one for no reason thanks !!!

------------------
setsuna_color_winpose.gif

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I agree with kyoisthekof and others, I don't visit the WAR Room much, but I see lots of shit posts with only some unnececary talk.. And meaby an idea..special icons in the warroom? evil once?

Cho

kyo3.jpg

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Is there any way not to give credit to war room posts? I mean if this is just mindless babble, whats the point of getting credit for such.

N-T-M

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

MY SUGGESTION IS THIS...CHUCK ALL THE SHIT THAT OFFENDS!!SOME OF THIS CRAP IS UTTER FOUL GARBAGE..ONLY A COMPLETE LOW LEVEL IDIOT WOULD FIND MOST OF THIS SHIT FUNNY..SOME OF IT EVEN OFFENDS ME!! YES EVEN SAMHAIN HATH SOME MORALS!!I SAY CHUCK THE FOUL STUPID SHIT...SWEARIN AND THREATS ARE FINE BY ME, BUT WHEN SOMEONE GOES INTO GRAPHIC DETAIL ABOUT RAPEIN MOMS ,KIDS,PUSSY THIS AND DIK THAT..ITS JUST PLAIN FILTHY,AND I DONT THINK THE MAJORITY OF PPL HERE WANT TO SIFT THROUGH THAT NONSENSE..NOT TO MENTION IF THERE ARE LITTLE KIDS VISTING THIS BOARD,THEY DONT NEED TO SEE THAT SHIT...PLAIN AND SIMPLE..ID LIKE TO TAKE MY FIST TO THE STUPID SHITS THAT POST THIS FILTH.......GUIS REGISTER IDEA IS GOOD ALSO.......SAMHAIN GOD OF TRUE WAR

------------------
SAMHAINBANNA.gif

D

DigiPunk

kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif
(EVILDIGIPUNK)

WHAT IN THE PHUK? I AM GLAD I HAVE ONLY HEARD OF THIS PEDOPHILE SHIT TALKED ABOUT BY PEOPLE. I WOULD BE UTTERLY AGAST AT READING THIS VILE SWILL. DON'T EVEN THINK 2X, DELETE THE SHIT.

I THINK THE RULEZ SHOULD BE THIS FOR THE WAR ROOM:

1.) ALLOW POSTS ONLY ABOUT FLAMING SNK OPINIONS BY OTHERS
2.) ALLOW POSTS THAT FLAME PRODUCTS AND THINGS, NOT PEOPLE
3.) MAKE IT A PLACE FOR EVILS AND DEVILS TO VENT AND HAVE A LAUGH

THAT'S IT..

------------------
Phantasy Star Online 2001.30.01
A simple formula
Phantasy Star + Sonic Team + Online = No life and no regrets.

ss2_cafnicotinestand.gif

DigiPunk - Part time Evil SNK, Full time hardcore gamer.

C

Confucious

I believe that the warroom should stay like it is. You can't censor anything, since most of these hypocrites would fall right off their rocker if you did. Any of these so-called "neo-devils" are extremely hypocritical should they decide to whine about how much they're getting flamed, when they're flaming people right and left as well! Since the purpose of the warroom is to simply have fun and fuck around for a while, you shouldn't really censor anything unless it's INCREDIBLY racist/anarchist. If someone is posting KKK opinions or nuclear bomb plans, well, censor it. If someone's just fuckin' around with someone for fun- that's what the warroom is for. I really hate hypocrites that use "z"'s instead of "s"'s, such as the case in these moron"z". Get it? All caps sucks too. See that? That was MINOR flaming. Screw anyone that thinks otherwise, the warroom is fun!

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

I OWN WAR...YOUR IN MY HOUSE NOW LITTLE BOY....I DONT FIND POSTS ABOUT DICK AND RAPE AND MOMS TOO FUNNY,,AS A MATTER OF FACT I THINK IT FULLY DESCRIBES WHAT IDIOTS YOU PPL ARE TRUELY..ITS LIKE THE LITTLE KID THAT CONTINUALLY MAKES FART JOKES,PATHETIC....LUNCH ROOM DRIBBLE...YOU KNOW NOTHING ON WAR...YOU SAY BANN THE RACEIST SHIT? BUT RAPE,GRAPHIC SEXUAL NONSENSE IS OK WITH YOU? WHAT KIND OF MORON ARE YOU? MAYBE YOUR FATHER NEEDS TO TAKE A STRAP TO YOUR ASS AND SHOVE A BAR OF SOAP DOWN YOUR THROAT..THE ONLY PPL WHO SPEW SHIT LIKE THAT,ARE THE ONES WHO CANT GET NONE....UNDERSTAND WHAT TRUE WAR IS...VIOLENT AND PHILOSOPHICAL...........SAMHAIN SNK DEVIL

------------------
SAMHAINBANNA.gif

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Keep the ideas and constructive commentary flowing, guys. Later this evening I'll make some specific decisions and comments regarding the statements that have been put forth here. But, for now, I have class...

------------------
fry.gif

DolphinLord: Plaguing the online Neo-Geo scene since 1997.

Visit #SNK on EFnet IRC for SNK/Neo-Geo chat!

[This message has been edited by DolphinLord (edited January 19, 2001).]

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
my idea is have noone that is not registered be allowed to post cause they are little pussies that wont show theyre real name

T

Thomas Nicol

Originally posted by DEVIL_GUI:
PEDOFILIA SHOULD BE DELETED......
THOMOS NICOL AND CO SHOULD ALL HAVE THEIR POSTS DELETED....

Hahahaha PhEw for a secon dther I thguot you were gounna say sumthing about me! I have to adyimt the joke is on me! I was scrraed at first. Who is Thomos Nicol anyways? I s he ttrying to be me?
I think that we shuld ge trid of the bad people.
Thats' all thanks for lisntednig.
(..)
|
-|---
/ /-----SAyH HJI TO CHARLIE FOR ME THANKS! "
smile.gif
(

------------------
i THomas with a Y. A BIG t.! :) S<ILE you are on camras

L

Lord Conio.h

Originally posted by peterr928:
my idea is have noone that is not registered be allowed to post cause they are little pussies that wont show theyre real name

AND THAT WOULD RESOLVE WHAT? 90% OF US DON'T USE OUR REAL NAMES, AND THE DUMBASSES OF US WHO DO, YOU FOR EXAMPLE, ONLY HAVE YOUR FIRST NAME. PETER. WOW. NOW I KNOW YOUR REAL NAME SO IF I GET MAD AT YOU FOR SAYING SOMETHING THAT MAKES ME MAD I WILL BE ABLE TO PUT A PICTURE OF ME HERE HOLDING A BULLET AND THEN I CAN GO TO YOUR HOUSE AND KILL YOU JUST FROM KNOWING YOUR NAME IS PETER. GOOD THING YOU REGISTERED. YOU CAN'T MESS WITH ME, I'M FROM THE GHETTO CRIME CAPITAL OF TEXAS. I WILL SHIZOOT YOU SUCKA!

------------------
PREPARE TO BE MOUNTED LIKE PrOzErG'S MOTHER!
prozerg.gif

N

NeoMan

Well DolphinLord it seems as though there are more than a few views here. I for one am against the "baby-rapin'shit" but i like war.
War should be offensive as the War Room should be. However there is a fine line between offensive and emmensly obscene. Rape, petophilia, racist shit, anti-relgious shit, and necrophilia are emmensly obscene. PGA golf, Canadians, yo' moma jokes,and other stupid insults may be offensive but not nessicarly <u>obscene</u>. Pointless drivel that fills 5 pgs of text yet only uses 2 letters AHAH is too fucking stupid even for me. If it has a point, even a silly/stupid one it should be kept, otherwise it it should be tossed into the pit where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, like Quebec. But I guess the final word will kome from you wont it? I trust your judgment. on behalve of the Coalition for the Second Evangical Faction of Spam I welcome you.

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
alright Lord Conio.h
your a fucking retard!

i meant that people who are UNREGISTERED shouldnt be able to post!!! not u have to have your real name. cant u read?!!

Hooked on phonix
worked for me

K

kyoisthekof

Bunch of flaming faggots can't even allow 1 section of the war room to be civil JUST for the ideas given to the moderator? hehehe geez

Robi15

20 Year Member
Leave it as it is. It should be the open field at this forum. Everybody can write what they want. But on the other hand, what happends when people are going to include some nasty pictures and so on? Then there should be some sort of a cencorship.

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

L

Lord Conio.h

Originally posted by peterr928:
alright Lord Conio.h
your a fucking retard!

i meant that people who are UNREGISTERED shouldnt be able to post!!! not u have to have your real name. cant u read?!!

Hooked on phonix
worked for me
HEY GUESS WHAT SHITFUCKER? I KNOW THAT YOU MEANT UNREGISTERED! MY POINT IS YOU THINK THAT EVERYTHING WILL GET BETTER IF SOMEONE REGISTERS BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE USING THEIR REAL NAME. WHICH NOBODY BUT YOU DOES FUCKNUT.
"my idea is have noone that is not registered be allowed to post cause they are little pussies that wont show theyre real name"
REAL NAME! THERE YOU FUCKHEAD! WHAT HAPPENS TO AN UNREGISTERED GUY WHOSE NAME IS "Fucknut"? WHEN HE REGISTERS DOES IT CHANGE TO "Jonathon Wetpanties 3854 Poopshit Road, come kill me suckas" NO! MUST I REPROVE MY POINT AGAIN OR DO YOU GET IT THIS TIME?

------------------
PREPARE TO BE MOUNTED LIKE PrOzErG'S MOTHER!
prozerg.gif

[This message has been edited by Lord Conio.h (edited January 19, 2001).]

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Do what you will. No one is going to agree on anything anyways, so It really is just up to you. Maybe if you keep it as it is, you should put up a disclaimer of some sort, so people who have kids that might go here won't randomly stumble in there. I don't mean an Adult Verification System or anything, but just your typical legal disclaimer of sorts. Anyone who posts here already knows what's in here anyways. Seems that almost all of the people in the "anti-pedophilia" faction say things almost as foul. Baby raping is bad, but slandering each other's mothers and constant battles over where NGF and everyone else sticks their cocks is okay, right? I think that you see my point. Okay, maybe I don't really have a point...but that's my opinions anyways. I guess we all lose, 'cause you can't please everybody....and even if you did censor the War Room, then you might as well censor the entire forum, because what's to stop anyone from posting viley(is that a word?) in the other forums? In that sense, the War Room is kind of more of a quarentine center, a safe place to store the disgusting babble. Why'd this subject never come up when we bashed the NGF? Maybe that's all you should allow. This [censorship] crap never came up until we started bashing each other. I think leaving the War Room as is would be the best thing for now. The War Room may be tainted, but the infection isn't spreading. Let's leave it that way.

------------------
How does it feel to be well done?...but I bet you taste terrible
winpose.gif

DEVIL_GUI

AUTO SHOW THEIR IP........
DRIBBLE SHOULD BE REMOVED AND ALL NON CAPS TRASH TAKEN FROM HERE........
ANYONE WHO ENTERS FROM AN EDUCATION FACILITY COMPUTER (FOR SAY GRADE 5S) SHOULD HAVE SPECIAL RANKINGS......LIKE "HOMO WHO BEGS SUCKING AND SEXUAL FAVORS FROM FELLOW MALES" "FATHERS PET" "PEDOPHILE" "MORON" "DRIBBLE FACE" "I THINK THIS IS FUN BECASUE MY HEAD WAS RAPED" ETC........

.......THE PLACE IS FOR THE ARGUEMENTS TO BE VENTED.......NOT TO START THEM FOR SOME "KEWL 133T FUN"
ITS A COOLING OFF PLACE FOR PROPER FIGHTING.......NOT SOME CHILDREN TO HAVE AS A PLAYGROUND OF SORTS(AND ILL QUOTE SAMHAINS PERFECT ANALAGY)ITS LIKE THE LITTLE KID THAT CONTINUALLY MAKES FART JOKES,PATHETIC
......AND ITS TRUE THESE LITTLE PARAPPAS GET THEIR THRILLS COMING IN HERE AND FLAMING SOMEONE UP JUST TO BE AN AZZ......

IF THEY WANT TO START A FIGHT, WHY DONT THEY HIT THEIR TEACHER IN THE NUTS?
I CAN ASSURE YOU ALL THEY ARE TOO CHICKEN TO DO ANYTHING BUT ONLINE.......

DONT FKN REALISE THERES REAL PEOPLE ON THE OTHER END.......BAN TEH CHILDREN, THEYRE TOO STUPID TO KNOW HOW OFFENSIVE THEIR STUPIDITY AND PURE BLIND IGNORANCE IS........

DEVIL GUI -THEIR IMMORTAL WORSHIPPED IDOL

DEVIL_GUI

ngf WAS CRUSHED DOWN AND MADE AN EXPOSED MINE BY THE SNK DEVILS MANY YEARS AGO, ANYONE WITH DISRESPECT IS OBVIOUSLY AN UNGREATFUL FUCK, OR NOT SOMEONE FROM THE NEO COMMUNITY.....ITS CLEAR WHO SHOULD BE KICKED......ANYONE SAYING SHIT ABOUT THE DEVILS WITH NO BACK UP.....

THOUGHTLESS SHIT SHOULDNT HAVE TO BE THOUGHT ABOUT.......
I AM SNK!

ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO NOT DRIBBLE WILL GET A WAR.......WIPE YOUR MOUTH AND ARGUE PROPERLY IF YOU GOT A BRAIN.......THE FUCKS WITH YOU LOOSERS ANYWAY.....
YOU KNOW YOUR NOT ON MY FINGERNAIL ASLEEPS LEVEL KIDDIES........
GET BACK TO THE SEESAW IN THE PARK.......
DEVIL GUI

JRock917

, ,
The war room has long been an excellent place to vent, keeping the flame wars out of the other forums. I remember when Dion was threatening to sue this site for exposing NGF's business practices as the scams they are, trying to suppress the truth; as I was against that, I am against suppressing the truth in the sole name of "morality" or "dencency". However, I mean that only with regards to keeping people from expressing how they truly feel with regards to the neo geo, or other viable topics. I have poked my fair share of fun at NGF, and even posted some things which were indeed not nice to say the least, so I am not saying I have never said something risque or participated in a discussion in the war room that was; but I am saying that when people begin to scrape the very bottom of the barrel for topics, when the talk of the day is what can happen sexually between some idiot and someone's mother or child, then that kind of shit should be censored. That kind of stuff sickens me, and the fools who post it should be suspended indefinitely from these forums. The war room should be used to vent, there should be a place for that and this is it. But as of late, is has not become this, it has become a haven for idiocy. I do not know where all these idiots came from or where they grew up, I even have to wonder if some of the horrors they speak of were experienced by them in their own personal lives; something must have messed them up, I do not know what. I read these forums daily like many people, but the war room is just not the interesting place it used to be; at least when people were directing their flames toward each other, and not each other's family and such, the war room had some "class", if it ever had any at all. I guess this is what I am hoping for, that the war room will again return to this kind of an atmosphere, where people attack each other and only each other. People are going to get upset, that is just a way of life, and this forum is here for them when they get upset, but that is what it is for and nothing else. Dolphinlord, you seem like a competent fellow to be the moderator of this forum, and I have to say, given the recent trend the war room has taken, I am glad to see it moderated. Please do what you feel best, but I personally would like to see all repetitious, utter bullshit posts eliminated. That, and if possible, the fools who only post these things of complete absurdity eliminated from these forums, not just because they irritate me, but because they seem to irritate EVERYBODY with any degree of morality or common sense. Hell, when the Devils get offended, then you really know something is fucked up!!! Just my thoughts on the matter.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Originally posted by DEVIL_GUI:

THOUGHTLESS SHIT SHOULDNT HAVE TO BE THOUGHT ABOUT.......
I AM SNK!

Whoa there...aren't we getting a little carried away? You Devils all say that you invented the idea of a War Room, and maybe you did, but when egos inflate this big...somethings wrong. You're starting to sound like the NGF( who you so bravely "crushed").

Status
Not open for further replies.