Japhei/Casey: Gathering all relevant information about him. Please add info you know

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
djjimmyjames said:
arcade god right. I almost bought some rare items from him but he couldnt produce a picture. He doesnt have that much negative feed back. I guess its good I didnt get anything from him. He would have gotten me too. Im brand new to collecting anything neo geo so I gather he has that advantage over the newbies.
Hey I just thought of a way to get hime off ebay. When he puts his stuff up, he has alot now. Start an auction for a penny and have it say something like.
ARCADE GOD MVS he will rip you off, show a picture of something then inside link this forum and others about him. He cant give anybody negative feedback and he can do nothing about it even if he changes his name. He still can be followed and people will be able to tell. He wouldnt scam or be able to sell shit.

There's always a fool out there who will be tempted by Japhei's forbidden fruit. And as long as their is, he will continue to scam, unless we can get the police involved.

I think it would be cool if he tried to scam someone in Florida or one of the neighboring states and they drove down to his house and kicked his fucking ass! I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, really.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Well, well well...

I bought a Metal Slug X cart from this person a long time ago, and it most certainly didn't resemble what was described. I was a greenhorn at the time (well, more so than now...), and didn't even know enough to leave bad feedback. I'd actually forgotten about the whole thing 'til I saw that 'caroles-collectibles' thing there.

But at any rate, I can corroborate those addresses, if nothing else. And, uh, show some spiritual support...

Iroshi*Nagasaki

Kabuki Klasher
Bobak said:
Some anonymous source has mentioned that he's also using this particular name/address:

David Annis
4510 W. Fig St. Apt A
Tampa, FL 33609

Be careful!

[Broken, thank you for linking your previous thread]

I can verify that!! I bought from him SSVS and almost got scammed.It took a lot of emails, threats and help from paypal to get my game .Till now he's still using the name David Annis.

fuck me i just won an auction from this guy. i didnt know about this before.
what should i do? do i just not go through with it or what?

Iroshi*Nagasaki

Kabuki Klasher
I sugest paying with paypal;Is the only way that you could be protected.Also ,ask him for a delivery confirmation number.If you don't get it the first time, keep emailing him for it.Do not be fooled by the infamous"I'll send it to you asap" or "I seem to have misplace it but don't worry I sent it a few days ago".Be very careful and be sure to keep track of the days since you payed him.And lastly ask him what kind of shipping he used.Remember that priority mail is only 3 to 5 days not 2 weeks.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Iroshi*Nagasaki said:
I sugest paying with paypal;Is the only way that you could be protected.Also ,ask him for a delivery confirmation number.If you don't get it the first time, keep emailing him for it.Do not be fooled by the infamous"I'll send it to you asap" or "I seem to have misplace it but don't worry I sent it a few days ago".Be very careful and be sure to keep track of the days since you payed him.And lastly ask him what kind of shipping he used.Remember that priority mail is only 3 to 5 days not 2 weeks.
..that won't help if he send you a bootleg or worst..defective goods :annoyed:

skam

Super Spy Agent
thejohnnytran said:
fuck me i just won an auction from this guy. i didnt know about this before.
what should i do? do i just not go through with it or what?

just pull out of the deal completely. even if you can't get the neg overturned you'll still be better off.

J. Max

judas,
He ripped me off a long time ago...No one here listened to me when he showed up again, and I said that Casey was bad mojo...he's pure scum. He's even got his mom lying for him, like when she said that he got hit by a car.

DarkHuman

Geese's Thug
well, i was going to start a post asking how Ng.com can get you laid (damn near impossible) now i want to see how much some one would pay me to sleep with Japhei/arcadegod's girl (i'll even post a pic in the war room of her jizz covered face!)

just wondering! :chimp:

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
DarkHuman said:
well, i was going to start a post asking how Ng.com can get you laid (damn near impossible) now i want to see how much some one would pay me to sleep with Japhei/arcadegod's girl (i'll even post a pic in the war room of her jizz covered face!)

just wondering! :chimp:

The guy lies about everything else. What makes you think his girlfriend is real too? Probably is a man in drag... :kekeke:

DarkHuman

Geese's Thug
VinylBoy said:
The guy lies about everything else. What makes you think his girlfriend is real too? Probably is a man in drag... :kekeke:

euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :(

Randorama

King's Dry Cleaner
A quick (maybe redoundant) note: he posted on shmups.com with the alias of ThirdStrike, in the last two months or so. Most memorable part: the thread "news doesn't start from internet". Kiel/Spike can confirm this, as well, or any other guys who post on shmups.com (Is Ramus a member here?).

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I did a transaction with him on ebay from "ARCADEGOD" and got two mvs carts from him. It took forever to get my items and he would never respond to my emails. when I asked for the tracking number he siad hed get back to me. He never did but I got my package the next day So I didnt care.
I was billed from the courier company for brokerage and managed to snag the following info from there:

Acc.# cascom
Vendor: CM CORVETTE
Company name : CM CORVETTE
ADdress: 4510 W FIG ST Bldg A Tampa FLorida
ZIPcode 33609
(phone813)281-9500

He also entered my phone fax or email as: (813) 220-4550 (Which it isnt)

He authorized with the name: Casey Corvette

Invoice is: CM CORVETTE / DAvid Annis

This might all be on the list but thought I'd try and help.

It chaps me that he took his sweet ass time shipping my stuff. And now I find out he's notorious for scamming.

I guess I'm lucky I didnt get ripped off.

a_bomb

JayL

Cheng's Errand Boy
man, am I glad that I found this post, I almost got some atomiswave carts from him on Ebay :loco:

subzero

n00b
Contact FBI and U.S. Postal Inspectors

I think everyone should say fuck the local police on this matter. If he is this bad then go to the FBI and U.S. Postal Inspectors which is an extension of the FBI.
These Postal guys are laughed at by other law enforcement agencies so they have a bad attitude. The link for the USPS Inspectors is right on the USPS website and they take online complaints.

Local police can't do shit about this because it's crossing state lines and other countrys which is under federal jurisdiction. I'm a Cyber Crime major at college so trust what I say.

J. Max

judas,
He and I have a bit of a long history together that is best left forgotten at this point. He sold me a bootleg Metal Slug 4 cart a couple of years back and when I got sick of playing it and resold it, my buyer opened it and found out that it was a boot. Casey then claimed that it wasn't the same cartridge that he had sold me, even though there were clear markings on it indicating that it had been sold to me originally by Caroles Collectibles. When I called his bluff, he became extremely belligerant, and I believe that it led to one of his first bans from eBay.

He then sabotaged two of my auctions by e-mailing my bidders and offering to sell them games at lower prices than I had posted. (Later on, I found out that the games he was trying to sell them were ,of course, bootlegs.) I set up a "sting" of sorts where he did this on another auction of mine, but this time the "bidder" was my wife, who then forwarded his scamming ass to eBay, which got him banned again.

Like a cockroach, Japhei always seems to come back no matter how many times he gets sqashed. I believe that he has, at times, claimed that he didn't know that he was selling bootlegs, he had his mother lie and say that he was hit by a car, claimed that he was AT LEAST three different people, and perpetrated multiple acts of other forms of misrepresentation.

Ramus

Tarma's Gun Polisher
This here is from the Shmups Forum, just incase anyone here doesn't frequent the forums there.

aria

Former Moderator
Well, all reports say his home is in complete disarray and that he seems to be heavily into illegal drugs. So it shouldn't be any real surprise to hear how stupid he acts. He apparently gets all sorts of boards from HK and other sources. I think he may be independently wealthy (rich family), the classic rich kid who amounted to nothing but a fried gamer who like to f-over other gamers. Really despicable.

Oh, and thanks for updating us, Ramus.

aria

Former Moderator
Here's some more info:

• He likes using screennames on various websites/AIM/etc that use the term "Ikaruga" --if you see someone with that variation trying to contact you for private sales, beware! Check here with a new thread if you are suspicious.
  • It's been well proven that Japhei frequents these forums pretty much daily to read about himself. If he's reading this, he should know that it sounds like he does enough minorly illegal activity that --if lets say someone were to call the police on him-- there would be stuff to examine at his place of interest to authorities.
  • There have been multiple confirmations of his shipping addresses in his thread
  • He is adept at forming new, fake eBay accounts by selling artsets and other low-profit items to build feedback. Then he moves onto kits and other expensive arcade items as soon as he builds feedback.

[EDIT: I've updated the first post to better reflect how this thread works now]

aria

Former Moderator
  • He is adept at forming new, fake eBay accounts by selling artsets and other low-profit items to build feedback. Then he moves onto kits and other expensive arcade items as soon as he builds feedback.

while I don't normally quote myself, I just found this interesting eBay seller:

godzrule

new user, location is Tampa, FL United States

His listings are all consistent with Japhei trying to get feedback: Art, manuals, even a NGPC game.

This one smells just like him --and wasn't too hard to find --all I did was seach the above terms.

Ramus

Tarma's Gun Polisher
He has a thing about naming accounts with the word "god" in them. Damn egomaniac :blow_top: . Last AIM names he was using that I know of was Ikarugaradiant, Shikigamigod, and Raaveeen.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Fuck,

I think I got scammed as well :(. I bought this item from arcade_exports_ltd:

Capcom Vs Snk 2 Sega Naomi GD ROM KIT ARCADE Jamma PCB (6271474077)

it was a 2nd chance offer and I took it. At the time, he had a 100% rating and he accepted paypal. After I committed to buy I received a ebay message from him on April 12th.

I just signed up for paypal and I am unable to use it yet.

It would really help me out if you could send a money order or check.

I do not think I will have my paypal verified for at least another week or 2. I am waiting on a credit card in the mail.

Thanks again Mike

I told him I could send him a usps money order next week on monday. I immediatly got another ebay message from him April 13th.

Until next?

My address is

Mike McMahon 4013 W North B st Tampa Fl 33609

The shipping is $10 dollars

The total is $79.99

Thanks again Mike

On Sunday, the day before I was going to mail off the usps money order, I get another ebay message from him April 16th.

If you have not sent payment yet I finally got my Paypal account open

If you wish to pay by that please send to Radilgy@hotmail.com

The next day I get another ebay message from him April 17th.

I am very sorry but paypal has just limited my account.

I just opened in this past weekend and already they pull this crap and get me to jump through firy hoops.

I may need you to file a dispute and if so I will ask them to refund you. I am very sorry for all of this I did not know this would happen.

Mike

Several days went by and no response from him and I started emailing him. He finally got back to me on the April 23rd and ebay messaged me.

Well I was trying to get the money from paypal

I cannot touch the money at all.

But I will mail your item out on monday even though I cannot collect payment

Let me know when you receive it

Mike

Then that is it, no more emails from him. I have emailed him a few more times and he has not gotten back to me :S. I emailed him and said that I will hold off until the end of the week and I'll file a dispute with ebay & paypal if he doesn't not respond to me or the item is still not here. I have been a ebay member since March '2002 w/ 100% rating on 104 transactions. I just looked today and found out that he switched his ebay id. :blow_top: and it looks like he scammed another person recently and that ebay member accused him of being a known scammer.

eBay Member User ID History

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID Effective Date End Date

arcade_exports_ltd Apr-03-06 Present

godzrule Feb-08-06 Apr-03-06

Poor communication, very slow delivery, broken item. I'm out $380. Do not buy!
Buyer stevem2211 ( 4 ) Apr-24-06 10:16 6271377914
Reply by arcade_exports_ltd: Buyer IS LIAR sent M.O. Received in 2 Days Item Sent EXPRESS USPS EQ650487834US

Buyer accused me of selling BROKEN ITEM & DID NOT FILE INSURANCE SELLER BEWARE
Seller arcade_exports_ltd ( 32) Apr-24-06 10:18 6271377914
Reply by stevem2211: known thief. won't accept paypal. known as arcadegod who ripped off many here! Apr-29-06 08:15