$250 Brick

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Or was that $12?
Like always, I was busy dl the romz and cd isos to run Neocd on mah PSP when I accidently pulled the plug and my PSP fell 29" to a carpeted floor. :blow_top:
The battery flew out and the screen went to shit. Luckily, my homie at a certain retail establishment swapped me a new one for my bricked one. Turns out minty fresh and with a 1.5 firmware system :kekeke:

What pisses me off is that at less than 3 feet and onto a carpeted floor the fucking thing burns out :angry: !

Anyways, I'm glad to be a rom whore again. :emb:

barf

Maxima's Barber
Darklighterx said:
Or was that $12?
Like always, I was busy dl the romz and cd isos to run Neocd on mah PSP when I accidently pulled the plug and my PSP fell 29" to a carpeted floor. :blow_top:
The battery flew out and the screen went to shit. Luckily, my homie at a certain retail establishment swapped me a new one for my bricked one. Turns out minty fresh and with a 1.5 firmware system :kekeke:

What pisses me off is that at less than 3 feet and onto a carpeted floor the fucking thing burns out :angry: !

Anyways, I'm glad to be a rom whore again. :emb:

heck, mine fell more than that a couple of times and got flooded but still works... i limit the risks now, when i plug it to the wall it lays on the lowest part of my desk (2inches from the floor) -it s a japanese one btw-. I have fond memories of my bullet-proof GB (big model), it fell a lot lot lot, the screen was scratched to hell but never let me down :)

Last edited:

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
PSP is the least portable "portable" system ever created. It is fragile as hell, the screen is soooo exposed, it doesn't fit in your pocket well, and the battery doesn't last long compared to the other portables. Oh, and they gave it that nice mirror-gloss finish which looks nice, but makes me never want to touch it. I bought one right away, and hate it!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I've dropped mine a few times and I've lucked out with no damage...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
heh 'lucked out'

all you can do with sony stuff

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
kernow said:
heh 'lucked out'

Yeah because due to sony's age group sony does not have to child proof it's systems.

:kekeke:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
loopyeddie said:
PSP is the least portable "portable" system ever created. It is fragile as hell, the screen is soooo exposed, it doesn't fit in your pocket well, and the battery doesn't last long compared to the other portables. Oh, and they gave it that nice mirror-gloss finish which looks nice, but makes me never want to touch it. I bought one right away, and hate it!

Your post is a bullshit lie.

I've dropped my PSP 3 times and my mother even stepped on it once. Still works fine. I was amazed. I'm still surprised there haven't been any real hardware problems. I hope the PS3 is that way.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly.. Off the coast and i'm headed nowhere.. she's a brick and I'm drowning slowly.. :kekeke:

+1

TonK

Least Valuable Player
subbie said:
Yeah because due to sony's age group sony does not have to child proof it's systems.

Wow, dude, that might have been the worst defense of Sony I've ever seen.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
My psp falls of my desk all the time, however you can't really say that it's durable since like anything else it all depends on how high the fall was, what angle it hit the ground and what surface the ground is. Mine has fallen about 4 feet flat on it's face into the carpet like 3 or4 times and is still working in proper order, however my friends has smashed into the concrete from a1 foot drop on it's side and is now dead.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
kernow said:
heh 'lucked out'

Even though you spam like crazy and are very very biased, I actually agree with this post.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
~lol Sony quality control

I'm just thankful the humidity here has shifted too drastically on any given day, else my PS 2 might explode in the middle of the night. :kekeke:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Who was it that was in a car wreck with the psp in the back seat?

Anyway, I carry mine on a golden pillow filled with phoenix feathers. :kekeke:

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
subbie said:

so you get stuck having to buy more than 1 of their systems.

I guess those high system sales numbers (more than their population) in Japan are due to system malfunctions.... since they were never child proofed.

Does sony actually have quality control? Or is it more damage control?

BV

Last edited:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Don't forget that Japan also gets different colors and a lot of people import the consoles. Not to see the build quality is excellent. I know for a fact its not for the PS2 as mine is fucked up right now.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
My unit fell from the desk at about 29 inches from the floor. Also, it fell on its side and when I looked at it, the screen was flooded :kekeke:

All that is in the past now. Now I gotta get back to customizing my backgrounds.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
no need to complain, if you don't care enough about a $250+ system. in 13 years, i never dropped any of my 9 handheld systems. and yes, i used them a lot.
imo you didn't deserve a replacement system.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
supergoose79 said:
no need to complain, if you don't care enough about a $250+ system. in 13 years, i never dropped any of my 9 handheld systems. and yes, i used them a lot.

I'm sure it was an accident. A hand held system is designed to be carried places. Sometimes shit gets dropped while being carried. It's supposed to be able to take a hit and still keep going.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
a car is meant to be driven, but you still don't get a replacement, if you hit a tree.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
supergoose79 said:

Wow! You're an asshole.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
supergoose79 said:
a car is meant to be driven, but you still don't get a replacement, if you hit a tree.

I can't argue with this flawless logic.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Wow! You're an asshole.
rofl. so you like dropping your expensive toys, too?

you know ... it wasn't about dead pixels, stuck buttons or any similar problems, so there's no point in bitching about weak hardware, when it's your own fault.
if you're not mature enough to hande something expensive with care and to not take it to stupid places, then maybe it's time for fisher price or playskool.

the psp wasn't meant to be dropped and there are protective cases for a reason.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
no machine was meant to be dropped

thing is, they should allocate for the chance it happens

but sure, 29inches is a long way, I wouldn't expect a psp to get completely undamaged from that distance, I dropped by Psion 5 29 inches onto the CORNER of a table, and yeah, that came off quite well considering , just the little bar above the screen came unglued which I just pushed back on, my friend kicked my gamecube off a table, about 16" high, when the cube was on, and connected to a LAN, damage, none, I dont even think the game stopped playing , but a cable came out, so we had to reconnect it,

I was like HOLY SHIT HE JUST KICKED IT OFF THE TABLE, then calm .. as I realised it was completely unaffected.