SS 64 II

A

Angry Dad

I am looking pics for this game, specially for death scene (slice in two, cut a hand, Gandara eating the head or ring out in very high place.) of the Ruru sisters and Shiki, in both version.

Thanks.

triggeR

n00b
i have the game since one week. its awesome. i think its the best hyperneogeo game and maybe also the best samsho game! :buttrock:

SEIJUROU

Kabuki Klasher
right!!!!!!!!

you right is a very good game and the most funny to play i think

SSS

neo retired
triggeR said:
i have the game since one week. its awesome. i think its the best hyperneogeo game and maybe also the best samsho game! :buttrock:

No way in hell. Plays a little better than the PSX WR2 game. It has great atmosphere, but SS641 is definitely better in terms of gameplay. It doesn't come close to any of the 2d renditions.

ray_7

are combo videos ever released for this game? i really want to see one...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
No way in hell. Plays a little better than the PSX WR2 game. It has great atmosphere, but SS641 is definitely better in terms of gameplay. It doesn't come close to any of the 2d renditions.

come on man, it plays a lot better than WR2. You don't have those "breaks" in fighting every time the health meter drops to a certain level. There's slowness, but it's nowhere near as choppy as WR2. WR2 was a clear failure to learn a new hardware.

Simply put - people still talk about playing WR1 and the interesting things it offered. WR2?

I mean, no offense, but that statement just blows my mind.

SSS

neo retired
wasabi said:
come on man, it plays a lot better than WR2. You don't have those "breaks" in fighting every time the health meter drops to a certain level. There's slowness, but it's nowhere near as choppy as WR2. WR2 was a clear failure to learn a new hardware.

Simply put - people still talk about playing WR1 and the interesting things it offered. WR2?

I mean, no offense, but that statement just blows my mind.

I do agree those breaks in fighting are stupid, however so is a dial a combo system that offers little variety in use compared to SS64, and doesn't do any damage. Yeah it fills the rage meter, but it doesn't feel as satisfying to use as it's use in the first installment. Gameplay is also way to floaty, if I haven't played Asura Zanmaden for a while and approach it, takes a while to adjust to the pace again. There's also a feeling of lag when executing any moves. I can fairly consitently 1cc the game with Haohmaru just timing standing strong slashes/jumping slashes, with an occasional fqcf+P thrown in for good measure. I just feel that gameplay wise it's a fairly empty experience. WR2 maybe bare bones crap, but at least it's slightly faster.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
I do agree those breaks in fighting are stupid, however so is a dial a combo system that offers little variety in use compared to SS64, and doesn't do any damage. Yeah it fills the rage meter, but it doesn't feel as satisfying to use as it's use in the first installment. Gameplay is also way to floaty, if I haven't played Asura Zanmaden for a while and approach it, takes a while to adjust to the pace again. There's also a feeling of lag when executing any moves. I can fairly consitently 1cc the game with Haohmaru just timing standing strong slashes/jumping slashes, with an occasional fqcf+P thrown in for good measure. I just feel that gameplay wise it's a fairly empty experience. WR2 maybe bare bones crap, but at least it's slightly faster.

1cc'ing WR is easy because the patterns are predictable. You're way more likely to get killed before you reach Yuga than by Yuga. SS64 had a more difficult Yuga. The Deku and Dekuina boss was also a lot harder than Asura and Shiki. I don't know. I didn't really feel it was slow.

I also didn't really get into the dial a combo system for anything other than juggles, which I think was CD+B+B+B.

I think the gameplay isn't empty at all - if you pick the right characters. Bust Hanzo, Enja, and Suija make the game worthwhile because there's so much shit you can learn and figure out, that might not even be mentioned in my faq yet. I mean, there's shit that I know is out there, but never learned how to do because the game was sadly underdocumented. There's a lot of shit out there in WR.

WR2 - what you see is what you get. That game is as barebones as you can get. Yeah, secret characters. So what? Other than Yuda and Seishirou Kiku, it's a dead game.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i still remember sessions of this game trying to perfect the timing on bust hanzo's multipart grabs, and the fun things to do with bust kazuki's super.

i liked 2 better than 1 overall for pure aesthetics, never really attempted to play either game competitively though.

also, the ending to 2 has some wicked artwork for all characters.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
i still remember sessions of this game trying to perfect the timing on bust hanzo's multipart grabs, and the fun things to do with bust kazuki's super.

i liked 2 better than 1 overall for pure aesthetics, never really attempted to play either game competitively though.

also, the ending to 2 has some wicked artwork for all characters.

I have enjoyed some good versus competition in both games when I was in Japan back in 1998~1999. Honestly, WR was a lot more fun. I think part of it had to do with the simplicity. They dropped the 3D interactive backgrounds and that wasa great move because back then the 3D just wasn't impressive.

I used to talk with Deuce about how the game would be kick ass if they remade it with cellshading to give the illusion of 2D. I still hold that opinion.