qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
AngelNeoWave.jpg

It's true.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I'll back this up, for I've had to clean up that sex afterwards.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
not sonic said:

Angel is one of the "new" characters that will be in the PS2 version of KOF Neowave.

It's kind of old news, though, since one of the early screenshots from the PS2 version released a couple of months ago showed Angel in the game's color edit menu. But I too am very happy about this. :)

Who else is left that can be added to Neowave? I'm assuming they won't use any 2003 characters, so that leaves K9999, Lin, and who else? I can't remember...is Bao in Neowave?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Most likely, K9999 can't be there due to the Tetsuo issue. Bao was not in the AW Neowave.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Most likely, K9999 can't be there due to the Tetsuo issue. Bao was not in the AW Neowave.

what issue (i.e. was there a lawsuit?)

Akira1422

Zero's Secretary
yeah, pretty much the creators of akira said they'd sue the hell out of SNK if they brought him back. but would leave em alone if they didnt bring him back ever again

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Akira1422 said:
yeah, pretty much the creators of akira said they'd sue the hell out of SNK if they brought him back. but would leave em alone if they didnt bring him back ever again

never liked him anyway

I didn't think ideas were running so thin that they had to heavily borrow an idea like that, then again Choi = Freddy Krugar

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I've always hate K9999 I'm glad I never have to see him again. Unless they were to redesign him and he turned out cooler.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
man k9999 is not only gay to controll but a lame ass character anyway

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Dude, K9999 rushdown on grapplers rules. He's my go to guy against Chang too :cool:

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
There are no such legal issues with K9999 (be it with the creators of Akira or anyone at Eolith). They could use him, they just don't want to.

M2O2E

n00b
You can see the 5 characters they added on the ps2 version here. :)

neowaveps2.jpg

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Korigama said:
There are no such legal issues with K9999 (be it with the creators of Akira or anyone at Eolith). They could use him, they just don't want to.

I was told by an SNK staff that K9999 is owned by Eolith. He was to appear in a recent splash illustration for the KOF anniversary book, but Eolith said no. So, maybe this is why he hasn't been in any games since the breakup of SNK & Eolith.

RichardDark

Overtop Pathfinder
KRONOS said:
I was told by an SNK staff that K9999 is owned by Eolith. He was to appear in a recent splash illustration for the KOF anniversary book, but Eolith said no. So, maybe this is why he hasn't been in any games since the breakup of SNK & Eolith.

No more K9999 in any SNKP game? Thats sounds great to me!! I ever hated this Tetsuo ripoff. He was one point thats have make KOF01 suck.

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
Sopitas said:
Weren't Angel and May Lee also created by Eolith?

May Lee was. K9999 and her were the only characters created by Eolith. Angel was based in a rejected character design SNK had. Igniz was a non-fighting character from NESTS (like Misty), that Eolith decided to make the last boss (SNK originally had planned for the old man, Master NESTS, to be the boss of KOF2001). Original Zero was implied to exist in KOF2000 (since we knew that the Zero from that game was a fake), and Foxy had already showed up in KOF2000 as a striker.

And even if May Lee and K9999 were created by Eolith, I'm pretty sure SNK has the rights to use them. May Lee has already showed up in Kim's ending in SVC: Chaos. And, sincerely, I don't think SNK would be stupid enough to let Eolith create characters for KOF that they can't ever use again... although I'm also pretty positive they don't plan to use neither of them ever again (specially K9999).

neo>all

Super nO0b
Mark of the Wolves said:
As long as he doesn't come back, no matter the reason. He just wasn't fun.

k9999? I didn't think he was that bad. Sort of unoriginal but not unbearable. I loved his move where his arm mutates and spins out of control. Made my akira sex fall out

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
neo>all said:
k9999? I didn't think he was that bad. Sort of unoriginal but not unbearable. I loved his move where his arm mutates and spins out of control. Made my akira sex fall out

Too unoriginal for my tastes. Not to mention I sort of have this felling about Akira as it scared the shit out of me when I first saw it.