NEO-0 and NEO-AEC?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
hello
ive seen some models of the NeoGeo and some say model: NEO-0 and some are NEO-AEC or something like that.
what does this mean?

my neo is NEO-0

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
NEO-O were the earliest models, then for reasons I can't say they changed it to NEO-AEC.

I noticed something though, I bought a boxed joystick from a store here a few days ago and it came up on the receipt as NEO-O.

Anyway, these days there is a price difference as the NEO-O system for example, in the white box, will go for more money, just like the joystick when in an original run box. Functionally... well the earliest systems had yet another different motherboard although since I can't say when the black boxes began to be used, you might find that same board in some of the black-boxed systems as well.

In conclusion: Unless you want to collect, it makes no difference at all.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man said:
NEO-O were the earliest models, then for reasons I can't say they changed it to NEO-AEC.

No, NEO-0 = Japanese, NEO-AEC = non-Japanese.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
ohhh....lol
i dont know who to believe...
if NEO-0 = japanese then thats good.
if NEO-0 NGH consoles are worth more than NEO-AEC good
but i dont knowwho to beleive :conf: :conf:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
...and the claim that "NEO-0 were the earliest models" is false:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
MKL said:
...and the claim that "NEO-0 were the earliest models" is false:

I'll take that. Honestly I never checked the 0/AEC code under the system. I was still thinking of the the system boxes in that respect, but stand corrected.

As for the joysticks, I'll take your word for it. There was a common belief from a while ago about what I said, regardless of which it's infinately more common to see the AEC boxed joysticks over here, not that I suppose that really proves anything.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
hmmm well off topic but ifi gotone of those scart leads for the Neo with my 180906 serial system would the quality be better than the composite im using now?