Legend of Golfer-Gamecube

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Does anyone else own this game? If so, can you please translate and post basic menu and sub menu options?

Also...I am having trouble saving. I am using the Freeloader and am starting to think this game is like some of Namcos games that can't be saved when using the Freeloader.

I am not having any problem playing the game. However, it would be nice to know how to save and know what some of the options are.

Thanks...(And yes I do realize that I am probably the only person that owns this game)

Z

zehn77

Hey Gameoz,

I guess I am now the second person to own Legend of Golfer on this site. :)

Did anyone get back to you regarding your post, or with any English translations for the manual or menus?

I just got the game this week and boy what a hidden gem of a game this is, it plays beautifully, and I love the courses. But like yourself, I don't speak Japanese and would like to figure out more of the game's options and menus.

I also tried to save a game file but looks like it would not save for myself as well.

If you have any suggestions or updated info please respond. :conf:

thanks for starting the post!

Zehn77

N

newtogame

I am actively looking to purchase this game, and cannot find much info on it. Is it still only a Japan release? Is their a translation option in the options menu? From what little I have heard, this is being touted as a diamond in the rough.

If at the very least, someone can tell me where to get more info?

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
newtogame said:
I am actively looking to purchase this game, and cannot find much info on it. Is it still only a Japan release? Is their a translation option in the options menu? From what little I have heard, this is being touted as a diamond in the rough.

If at the very least, someone can tell me where to get more info?

The game is out of print, although PlayAsia and other places do get it in (or can) from time to time. A couple months back PlayAsia discounted this game for 19.99 to clear out what they had.

Keep in mind, you can't save with this game if you are using the Action Replay/Freeloader. You would have to have a Modded Gamecube or a Japanese Gamecube if you want to save your progress.

I ended up getting through a lot of the menus ect. but it has been a while. I have since sold off my copy. It is a good golf game and it is too bad that it did not get a release outside of Japan.