What are you listening to at the moment?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Goddamned earworm I found on Reddit a while back. There's no reason it should work but it totally does.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Check out the previous page bro.

I like this album. It's no TPAB but it has its moment. I had to listen to it 4 times to realize that the blind women he talked about in the intro was actually Lucy. Good shit. DNA literally murdered my speakers. That beat switch... DAMN.

Oops... Didn't catch that. Yeah, DNA stands out right away on the album. Great fucking song. The more listens I give the album, the more I am digging it.

100 Proof: No, that mash-up does not work. It's horrible.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Social Distortion - Sex Love and Rock N Roll
Skinny Puppy - The Greater Wrong of the Right
Front Line Assembly - Tactical Neural Implant
KMFDM - Symbols
Ladyhawke - Ladyhawke
Prodigy - Music for the Jilted Generation

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
#Thrashin'

Some more early 80s Italian disco smut

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

I've been checking out all these Tosin Abasi clones on YouTube. This girl is actually pretty jazzy, so I like it. (A lot of the stuff online is just a straight rip off of Animals as Leaders.) While on the topic, does anyone know if Animals as Leaders pioneered this style? I know Tosin was heavily inspired by Meshugga's guitar tones, but I think his core style is pretty original. So it's kind of a bummer that all these people are A) trying to clone him and B) making tapping a fad, which dilutes the serious players like Kaki King and Dave Knudson who have been doing this for decades.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I have been listening to this new Gorillaz Album all weekend and probably going to be all week until I get completely tired of it. I think I would probably rate it above The Fall but compete directly with Plastic beach for my favorite Gorillaz albums. Demon days of course being the top of that list.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Like Bobby McFerrin says, be happy:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Headfirst Straight to Hell is one of my favourite records on Victory. That and Full Collapse in the same year, crazy. Tony Brummel, what a melt.

I love Headfirst Straight to Hell. I guess it's a polarizing album. It definitely has some of my favorite Grade songs on it.

I read an article within the past year illustrating how Tony Brummel was indeed a "melt". I've always heard bad things about Victory's business practices. The article touched upon specifics.

...long time since I heard this.

I was thinking about this album two days ago.

Last edited: